Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
I wouldn't mind some brutally honest critique

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rakshiv
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: I wouldn't mind some brutally honest critique Reply with quote

I'd like it if someone could give me their two cents about these pieces.

http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-709113.html This is a picture of one of my characters, Alphonse LeClaire. I'd like some pointers on colouring both clothes and faces. Any other critique would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.fanart-central.net/story-53920.html This is the science fiction story I'm working on featuring none other than Alphonse himself. If anyone's actually up to reading and giving their advise as to how to improve, once again I would appreciate it to no end.

Thanks in advance to anyone who actually takes the time to look. Peace! Smile
Jedi
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphonse LeClaire: Hmm... looks all right, except: the body should be turned left (to his left) a little more, so that the gun arm's elbow is resting on his upper right leg. The left foot should also be turned in a little more, otherwise, the angle looks funny. The left arm should be out straight, if the body's turned to his left a little more. There should be shadowing under the feet, too, to give it a little more depth. All in all, a valiant attempt, indeed.
Rakshiv
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi, thank you for your insight. I had nothing but trouble with his gun arm, and now that you mention it the angling of the feet[i] is[/i] off. I'll take your considerations into thought next time I attempt a picture of him. Thanks!
Jedi
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're most welcome. Glad I was of some help.
Rakshiv
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, that link to my story isn;t working. Ah, well. For people who care, here's the correct one. http://www.fanart-central.net/story-54001.html
TyrannicalTilly
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hi!
I would suggest shading. Shade, and then shade some more. And not just by putting black everywhere, but use a tonne more colours.
Green, dark green, darker green, slightly greyer green, lighter green.

Uhm, try to stop thinking of it as a drawing and try 'painting' it more?
Rakshiv
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyrannicalTilly: That's some good advice, I'll take it into heart next time I attempt a digital picture. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: