Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Should the government make you spay or neuter your dogs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the government should make people spay or neuter their dogs?
yes
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
no
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
Brianhjh
 


Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 8014
Location: Queen's University

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fried grasshoppers are tasty, I've had it in one of the you wouldn't expect, wedding buffet.
_________________
"Sarah's future makes me sad." - Benk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undefined wrote:
puppy farms are nasty, even I can see that. We need to eat less meat in general anyway. People in general need to stop relying on animals and eat more vegetables and grains.

I mean pet stores in general
Fuck your pure bred corgie, go get yourself a goddamn mutt
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 5898
Location: whittier, CA, Los Angels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Should the government make you spay or neuter your dogs? Reply with quote

Rebel94 wrote:
They are actually considering this BS where i'm from.

I would like to hear everyone's opinions.



I thikn its a great idea. too many are getting put down. Though I think every pet should be neutered unless they are to a licensed breeder and even they should be limited to what they do.
_________________



xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 5898
Location: whittier, CA, Los Angels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel94 wrote:
Do you all like the government having this much control of your property Question


pets are not property, they're family.
_________________



xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all kinds of pets have licensed breeders, and forcing people to get licensed if you want to breed them would result in a enormous slowing of the hobby.

Also, not all kinds of pets can be neutered... without killing the animal, I mean.
_________________
Go Yankees!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 5898
Location: whittier, CA, Los Angels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward_Elric_1308 wrote:
D: I happen to love my dogs. I believe animal cruelty is wrong.


getting neutered is not animal cruelty...
_________________



xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 5898
Location: whittier, CA, Los Angels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
Not all kinds of pets have licensed breeders, and forcing people to get licensed if you want to breed them would result in a enormous slowing of the hobby.

Also, not all kinds of pets can be neutered... without killing the animal, I mean.


I see nothing bad about the drop in the hobby, we dont need as much as we have right now.

also, yeah i know. i cant really neuter my birds. but the big problem right now is with cats/dogs. :/
_________________



xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A drop in the hobby means nothing for dog/cat/bird/small mammal owners, but pet stores very rarely carry anything with more than four legs, and ones that do typically only have a few species.

When I move to Utah/New Mexico to a different apartment that doesn't have a no-pets rule, I'll be ordering all my bugs online from people who breed them as a hobby, not as a job.
_________________
Go Yankees!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just
fuck pedigree breeding
if we could get people to stop going to breeders laws like this might not be considered as often
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 07 Jul 2005
Posts: 5013
Location: My account's gonna be deleted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverKitsune wrote:
Edward_Elric_1308 wrote:
D: I happen to love my dogs. I believe animal cruelty is wrong.


getting neutered is not animal cruelty...


I didn't say that spaying/neutering was animal cruelty. I just believe animal cruelty in general is just wrong, like hitting your dog for no reason or not giving it enough food.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rebel94
Rookie


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Location: IDK? There are some white padded walls with no windows.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverKitsune wrote:
Rebel94 wrote:
Do you all like the government having this much control of your property Question


pets are not property, they're family.


Pets are not human. They are not equal to humans. The ppl that OWN dogs are called OWNERS for a reason. Pets are property.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward_Elric_1308 wrote:
SilverKitsune wrote:
Edward_Elric_1308 wrote:
D: I happen to love my dogs. I believe animal cruelty is wrong.


getting neutered is not animal cruelty...


I didn't say that spaying/neutering was animal cruelty. I just believe animal cruelty in general is just wrong, like hitting your dog for no reason or not giving it enough food.

THIS IS RELATED

Quote:
Pets are not human. They are not equal to humans. The ppl that OWN dogs are called OWNERS for a reason. Pets are property.

You have to be human to be part of a family?
Also, spell out your fucking words
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rebel94
Rookie


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Location: IDK? There are some white padded walls with no windows.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said they weren't part of the family. I said that they are property, dumbass and I'll abreviate the whole God damn comment if I f*cking feel like it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Horgh
Banned


Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Posts: 973

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel94 wrote:
SilverKitsune wrote:
Rebel94 wrote:
Do you all like the government having this much control of your property :?:


pets are not property, they're family.


Pets are not human. They are not equal to humans. The ppl that OWN dogs are called OWNERS for a reason. Pets are property.


That is true.
_________________
★الله★أَكْبَر★
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
SilverDragonFire
My First Post!


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that It should, I love my pets and they are family to me *hugs cat* but they are all spayed and neutered. And there are a lot of strays dieing out there that are due to lost or abandoned pets reproduceing. And if people want to breed, they will need to get premits. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel94 wrote:
I never said they weren't part of the family. I said that they are property, dumbass and I'll abreviate the whole God damn comment if I f*cking feel like it.

Legally they are, but you don't fucking own it. It's a living being.
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't own it, then why are you keeping it hostage in your house?
_________________
Go Yankees!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jesa67
Member


Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 85
Location: What's it to ya?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Rebel94 wrote:
I never said they weren't part of the family. I said that they are property, dumbass and I'll abreviate the whole God damn comment if I f*cking feel like it.


Legally they are, but you don't f***ing own it. It's a living being.


I got a good laugh out of this Laughing

On topic, pets are legally yours. But just because your kids and spouse are listed under you as dependents doesn't mean you own them. You treat them with love and equality, just like you do with a pet.
_________________
"You do know the stuff in diet and sugar-free foods kills you faster, right?"

"Well, if I'm gonna be digging my own grave, I might as well look hot doing it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rebel94
Rookie


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Location: IDK? There are some white padded walls with no windows.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I got a good laugh out of this Laughing

On topic, pets are legally yours. But just because your kids and spouse are listed under you as dependents doesn't mean you own them. You treat them with love and equality, just like you do with a pet.


What you said gave me a good laugh too.

Pets, along with all animals, are not equal to humans. They are below humans, but that doesn't mean it's okay to treat it bad or abuse it. Owning a pet takes responsiblilty and if you meet those responsibilities, where i'm from, you will be fined or sent to jail. I don't know how you dragged spouses and children into this, but this is a topic about dogs. Also, If I had known this article was going to envoke the wrath PETA, I probably would have never created it, but I can't say i'm suprised.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum