Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Left, middle, right, or other?

[img]http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/ayokaeu/mixxed.png[/img]

She's sitting on something. Haven't drawn it yet. Any other comments/suggestions welcome.

Last edited by London on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No political pun intended, but I'm leanin' towards the right, myself... (though as colors go I am a fan of greens/blues)
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Jedi
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The middle one catches my eye more. The pink shades look nice and most feminine. It's entirely up to you, of course. A new original character? She's well drawn, though. Nice, clean outlines.
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as Jedi.
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the first/left one myself. But I guess that's just me being a fan of...gray. And the yellow produces a nice contrast and all that.

The right one comes in as a well-rounded second.
London

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before posting this I'd been leaning towards the first one, but I've gotten a bunch of conflicting opinions. I'll probably end up fiddling with the hue/sat adjustment later and see what looks best.

@Jedi, thanks. This character's been around for a while. I just don't like making them wear the same thing in every picture, so I have to come up with new outfits every time.
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the orange and black. Maybe thats because thats my school colors.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the middle, maybe use a different color for the laces so they are more easily visible.
bowiegranap
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first makes her look like a pedestrian crossing, or a taxi cab, or a hazmat sign. In real life I suppose that's the most eye catching (and probably not that flattering due to the inadvertent commentary other women will drop). IRL I'd pick a very glossy material for it, maybe PVC. (If I were a girl) I'd probably pick the first as best except for the yellow fur... but that's because I'm a bit of an attention whore and would think that even comments like "those colors make her looks like a road hump!" as positive (I wear bright pink long-sleeved shirts IRL).

Likewise, I'd imagine that the red fur of the third to be eye wrenching IRL. With the exception of the fur of the third, I think overall color of the third is fine, although I like the overal scheme of the second better.
London

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I ended up going with the pink one, finished work is in gallery.

Something new and terrifying:

[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/28bg18z.png[/img]

The person's pose just looks very strange to me. He's supposed to be kinda lurching forward awkwardly 'cause the dog's running, so I guess looking strange is the goal, but I'm not sure if it looks.. correctly off-balanced. Also, I can't draw dogs.

The colors are there simply so you can tell where one thing ends and another begins. My sketches are messy. Final colors will probably be different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: