Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Huge Wall Of Shame Update.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge wall of shame update, almost 20 new additions.
loveskiba
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:ph34r: wooow! D: hope III never get up on that! 0__0 so many ppl thieefs!! >.<
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots more comming as the abuse team and I have time.
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis such a shame that all those people would do something so st00pid as to steal and take credit for other people's art, it's just st00pid and low.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verg
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially people from FAC! The abuse team, is it working on Marik95? They need to. She currently has a pic titled Creepy ren! that I have seen elsewhere by an artist called Ruaki. She deletes all my comments on it tho.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moku Chu, the only ones placed upon the Wall Of Shame are those who have stolen/taken credit for others hard work in artwork submitted to this site.

So unless you have stolen a picture, taken credit for work that is not yours, then i would be quite sure that you are not on the Wall Of Shame. So if you haven't done of these stupid and most ignorrant acts that unfortunately all to many do, you have no reason to ask, and not to be rude or seem cruel, but it's not a very good question to ask.

Of course your not on it as long as your not a theif, so no reason to ask really.

On another note, yes, it really is sad how many people steal others works and take credit for what isn't their work. My good friend Seifer-sama has had the problem i think three times on this site since i've been around. *thinks* i believe it's three, maybe two. *shrugs* Always good to have people keeping an eye out, i know if i worked real hard ona drawing and someone took credit for it that i'd be really pis--- yeah, to say the least....

So it's simple, don't do it, or be reported a make an a-- out of yourself. I told denis awhile ago that i might start making little drawings (newspaper cartoon type) for the wall of shame, of the people who are caught stealing, i might work on it while i'm off on x-mas vacation, and sanoshi and a few others might pitch in if they can, that is if i decide to really go through with it, just a matter of the time to do it, and some extra help when needed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is/was a report on Marik95, but perhaps not. If so, it was either taken care of or requires more research. If the user's images are still there, feel free to report them (with the following, preferably).

Some requests from the abuse team, though (and Denis, if you could put these somewhere people will see it would be greatly appreciated, reworded as needed)...

When submitting a report:

~ Please include LINKS to the artist you are reporting, not just their name. We're far more likely to deal with those that have quick and easy links before those that require searching for their name.

~ Instead of just saying "I can prove it", please also provide LINKS to the original images that have been stolen. If the image has been stolen from another FAC artist, please link to those specific images, not just their general gallery, especially if that artist has a large number of pictures (same goes for linking to the stolen image)

~ If the image was stolen off another site, please link as closely to the image as you can get (gallery page, etc) instead of to the main page (unless the image is on the main page).

~ And it may seem like common sense, but we've received a few reports that were nothing more than "I've found someone stealing artwork". In which case, see above and include those things. Rolling eyes

So yes, please please please include links. It saves time, and we can get through the reports a lot faster if we don't have to search for names and look through 150 pictures to find the one that matches. And [i]especially[/i] include links if it's from an outside source, not just "I've seen it on another site".

And I just did around 30 more, so expect a huge wall of shame update again soon.

Oh, and lasher, after this last batch...Seifer-sama's up to three or four rips. . . . .
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<_<

*coughs* anyone who steals any artwork that has any connection to me, whether done by myself or by an artist who has so kindly gone to work to bring to life one of my creations in picture form, will regret they day they lived. *coughs*

1) Seifer-sama is my friend

2) She's an incredible artist

3) She works her @$$ off on her work

4) I respect her and her effort

5) She has done and is doing pieces to go with my writings, and heaven forbid should anyone be dumb enough to rip one of those f**king pictures off, i think it's safe to say i'll make sure to make they're life a living hell, personally sending out all information on the person i can to any and every major art site i can get my hands on and i'm sure i'll find other...nice...*not*...things to do....umm, none of the new ripped pictures are original....are they? *glares* i'll flip if anyone ever steals a picture of one of my characters....seriously..... <_<
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theft is theft. stealing art is like stealing a car, and stealing satellite signals (lol). If someone would take credit for my work,anything i did that i liked and was proud of, id kick their @$$, but, in this case, u people should accept the aid of your local abuse team.

If there's something strange
In the neighborhood
Well who ya gonna call?
Fanart Abuse Team

If there's something weird
And it don't look good
Well man who can ya call
Fanart Abuse Team

Who, I ain't afraid of no Art stealing punks

If you're seeing things
Running through your head
Well who ya gonna call
Fanart Abuse Team

An invisible man
is under you bed
Now who can you call
Fanart Abuse Team (wtf)

NO Who, I ain't afraid of no Art stealing punks

If you're all alone
Pick up the phone
And call...
Fanart Abuse Team

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

You fat dopes and freaky thieves
Now, who ya gonna call...
Fanart Abuse Team

Who ya gonna call...
Fanart Abuse Team (x4)

BUSTED!
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great song, powtaz. wait... i think i see that invisible man under my bed! Help me Fanart Abuse Team!!

and yes stealing art is messed up, but i think the wall of shame is a cool idea and you guys do a great job finding and dealing with the theives!

and seifer-sama is one of the most amazing artists on the site, so i think it is very sad that so many people are stealing her art. i hope they take the hint soon and just stop.

fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAC's Abuse Team holds no responsibility for activities inside your head, nor invisible men, but can suggest a number of alternatives. (*cough* get help you freakin' psycho*cough*)
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha don't worry, i was just joking of course! it's not like i believe in invisible people or anything. heh heh... Uneasy
Tenchigirl15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! Laughing funny joke!!!!! I get it!!!! Very Happy -Just
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, that was a good one, Powtaz.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jaduna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Razz Very Happy Laughing that was funny Powtaz!! and I feel bad cuz alot of ppl t stealing Seifer-Sama's art! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU JELUOSE(i spelled that wrong probably) ART THIEVES!!! Grr!
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.T;;; Is anyone finding a sudden burst of art thieves? and they're not even being smart about it! (of course it's a stupid concept in whole)
I've been seeing people take screen caps and say they drew them in like 5 min....
They've been taking pictures and putting it on paint and just erasing the signature obviously or leaving the signature on saying that's how they used to sign their name T.T;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Denis, Abuse team...you guys are awesome. You have no idea how excited I was to find an art site that not only does something about art thieves, but bans them, etc.
You guys are awesome!!!

PS- ....what do we do about people not reading the rules? New kids are signing up and just clicking "agree". tons of them have been posting official art or random pictures.

If they refuse to remove, do we send these to the abuse team or is there another contact we should get a hold of?
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bows* Thank you.

I agree with Raymei, abuse team rox.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who break the rules even after agreeing to them get put on the wall of shame too. I made up that specific detailed set of rules for a reason.

Btw, abuse team, there are 25 new reports waiting to be dealt with.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I edited that detailed list for a reason. The time was taken to even avoid any punctuation errors for you, so follow it. Razz

And by the way, Denis, it's the holidays. I'll do it, I'll do it, I'll do it... I promise.
lucien_aristis
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I never end up on the WOS. I've never stolen anything, nor will I start. I wonder y people do it thou? Really. I've had a ton of my art stolen, but the person who informed me wouldnt tell me where the theif was posting it. That really annoyed me. I've come across some of my pictures that people posted at places, but they werent saying it was their own, they were saying they liked it. That kinda irritated me, coz well, I didnt know they were taking it. I've learnt by adding my signature n a url to my site, but stuff still gets stolent becuase i dont like putting the sig in a place where it obstructs the pic. It's usually on the foot, or somewhere where they can just crop it. Starting this year, I've got a new sig instead of that obnoxious red one and I'm going to write across the pic, so It'll b harder to steal.

And Cheers to the Abuse team. Wonderful job your doing, hope you keep up the wonderful work. Cheers,
-Lucien
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: