Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Huge Wall Of Shame Update.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 individual reports left (and probably some of those about the same people), not counting older ones that weren't clear enough. If anyone reported something with just "saw it on another site", don't expect it to be dealt with in a timely manner.

Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lucien_aristis (Lucien Aristis)"] I hope I never end up on the WOS. I've never stolen anything, nor will I start. I wonder y people do it thou? Really. I've had a ton of my art stolen, but the person who informed me wouldnt tell me where the theif was posting it. That really annoyed me. [/quote]
I was in the chat once with someone that had *just* posted a picture and wanted me to see it. It had a different signature (which they said was an older name they used). I didn't doubt them until they posted two other pictures in painfully obvious different styles and one picture that I found edited the paper over (blocking out the sig with copied paper bits) and the fact that they said the first pic was colored with pencils when it was pretty easy to tell it was photoshop.

After that I looked for the name of the first pic's artist on google. found it in a snap. when I confronted them about this, at first they denied it, and then admitted to it after some light and fairly soft-hearted questioning.

After that I asked [b]why[/b] they did it. The kid turned out to be like 12 and said he did it to make friends. He thought that the only way to make friends was by making people think he drew well.

So I guess that's one way o.o Friends. Even though it ends up making enemies, eh?
There was one girl who took one of my pics once, but she never answered me, just deleted it and ran away. T.T;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does one think that he can make friends by stealing work? if he continues with this train of thought, the only friends this kid will see in the future, will be his bumchums in federal prison.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Powtaz (Powtaz)"] will be his bumchums in federal prison. [/quote]
I believe that's the first time you've made me snicker with you, not at you, Pow. Congrats.
heartless91
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when people do that. Its almost sad you should have sent him many " how to draw" websites as soon as he showed you that.

fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there was a report on you, but if you plan on posting your work from now on, I'm sure your name will be kept off the wall of shame.

(if the report has been dealt with, all that work is already gone. Saves you time, eh? Very Happy)
Simple
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are gonna need a bigger wall of shame soon ^^;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Simple (Simple) Posted on Jan 9 2004, 08:07 PM
  I think you guys are gonna need a bigger wall of shame soon ^^;;; 
[/quote]

Sad as it is.....T.T You're probably right

Is there any way we can get some of these kids to actually READ the rules? You konw they're just skipping down to the bottom o.o,,,,,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not without making people pass a test like elfwood does. Elfwood...bleh...horrid site design and even with all their rules, alot of crap sketches (let alone all the role playing kids running around pretending to be fairies).
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="char_the_master0999 (Char Aznabo"] grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I might be up there because my friend stole a pic of rurouni kenshin and put it on the site the pic is called the gang he must of know'n my pass i will change it!!!!!! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! Grr! [/quote]
you're responsible for your own account and for who knows your password.

if your friend did it, you're going to be the one to pay.
Don't let anyone know your password. You never know what people might do if they get mad at you.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or log out when you're done.

I haven't read a report on you, but Kate may have.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarless of whether or not they actually read the rules, most of it is common sense. If someone is daft enough to rip off someone elses work and claim it as their own.... i doubt they really care about any written rules.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thanx fallen.

Yah lazycarter, but what about the fact that now more than ever the stolen art is bein watched and taken care of, im sure that that alone will cause a slight decrease in the common "art stealing punks"
AgentBach
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have paranoia about people trying to steal my stuff. <_<
Newsiegoil
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, why people would do something stupid is beyond me. I know if someone stole my picture (like that would happen. It's sucks. <_< hehe) or my character from my story I'd kick some serious @$$!

layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think I'll ever really have to worry about anyone stealing my art. It would be like ripping off a preschoolers painting and claiming it as your own.
kawikitty
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ahhh.... so many cheaters in the art world. Grr! if they wanna get better the only way they can do so is with practice. No bootleggin' pics. hmph (twitches ears in vexing way)
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kawikitty (jade)"] Laughing ahhh.... so many cheaters in the art world. Grr! if they wanna get better the only way they can do so is with practice. No bootleggin' pics. hmph (twitches ears in vexing way) [/quote]
lol yeah, that is very true. Some people won't acknoledge that fact though, so oh well.
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling there's going to be another HUGE update coming up.

I've been seeing a lot of official art edits and whatnot. There've also been a lot of people stealing again.

QUICK QUESTION!!
If it's [u]obvious[/u] that someone's stealing, but you can't find the pic anywhere, what do you do?

and by obvious, I mean it looks like one set of drawings was done by a 10-y-o DBZ impersonator, and the other was drawn by a 16-y-o evangelion stylist.

WTF? need guidance!!
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's frustrating when someone's obviously stealing but you can't find the picture. However, we can't delete those because there's really no solid proof. Half their art could be old that they did years ago and the other half current. Though if they say in the comments that they [i]just[/i] drew it...grey area.

If it's all fanart, they probably ripped it off somewhere like elfwood or DA, in which case it's pretty impossible to find unless it's a wellknown piece or someone happened to see it before.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: