Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Problem Over at Funart Central

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Triss
Member


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Problem Over at Funart Central Reply with quote

Sorry to bring up Funart Central over here. I did post a question regarding a glitch over there, but.... nobody seems to be on Funart Central anymore!

I posted this question back on the 1st of May:

I've just logged on and I see pictures that have apparently been submitted months ago in the 'recently submitted' lineup, including one I did back in February! What's going on there?

I've also been unable to upload any of my new drawings over there, as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 3165
Location: Slapamonkey, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an effort of increasing the quality of what gets displayed on the main site, the resent imagery section, has had some simple filtering using favs, votes and/or comments wile still displaying them in order of newest submission applied. This filter when it was applied was literally applied to all branch sites simultaneously in a single code amendment. Wile this filter system works very well on it's intended sites, FUaC is not yet experiencing the traffic level to make it work properly.
_________________
RPG-n. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.(Report Program Generator)The American Heritage Dictionary

Photo-Lucidity - FaAC - FuAC - Joke of the day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cstdenis
Evil Overlord


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 6490
Location: In the tubes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strata, did 3.2 get the code to turn that on and off on a per site bases?
_________________
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stratadrake
Grammar nazi
(and proud of it)


Joined: 05 May 2004
Posts: 13696
Location: Moo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to review that....
_________________
Strata here: Nanowrimo - FAC - dA - FA
Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click at your own risk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Symphoniadancer
Newb


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Problem Over at Funart Central Reply with quote

Triss wrote:
Sorry to bring up Funart Central over here. I did post a question regarding a glitch over there, but.... nobody seems to be on Funart Central anymore!


'Was about to make a new thread about that.

I think the same. I love FunAC, it's so clean and clear <3
But it seems like frozen. Jubilations has been the featured artist for years, same for the Featured pictures.

Why not recruit new team members who'll be able to mantain FunAC alive? Changing the featured pictures and artist, checking the submission list...

I would be glad to help =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
boondocksaint17
Has No Life


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 576
Location: Dennison, Ohio Represent yo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem Over at Funart Central Reply with quote

Symphoniadancer wrote:
Triss wrote:
Sorry to bring up Funart Central over here. I did post a question regarding a glitch over there, but.... nobody seems to be on Funart Central anymore!


'Was about to make a new thread about that.

I think the same. I love FunAC, it's so clean and clear <3
But it seems like frozen. Jubilations has been the featured artist for years, same for the Featured pictures.

Why not recruit new team members who'll be able to mantain FunAC alive? Changing the featured pictures and artist, checking the submission list...

I would be glad to help =)


the problem is that not enough people get on FUaC for their to really be a team just for that i mean thats just my opinion
_________________

Quote:
PrincessThug wrote:
/\ You seem to reply to everyone's comment when you get the chance.
-I replied to a post on a forum?? Holy Shit!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Symphoniadancer
Newb


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Problem Over at Funart Central Reply with quote

boondocksaint17 wrote:
Symphoniadancer wrote:
Triss wrote:
Sorry to bring up Funart Central over here. I did post a question regarding a glitch over there, but.... nobody seems to be on Funart Central anymore!


'Was about to make a new thread about that.

I think the same. I love FunAC, it's so clean and clear <3
But it seems like frozen. Jubilations has been the featured artist for years, same for the Featured pictures.

Why not recruit new team members who'll be able to mantain FunAC alive? Changing the featured pictures and artist, checking the submission list...

I would be glad to help =)


the problem is that not enough people get on FUaC for their to really be a team just for that i mean thats just my opinion



Well I think FunArt Central WOULD be active if it was better administrated. A small site does not mean a small team. It actually looks dead - meaning that it will be less active.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum