Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Problems on my Art
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Problems on my Art Reply with quote

What's wrong on my art? Many people are so jealous about me, so I blocked them because it's [b]not[/b] true on what they think.

Don't you know that my art is more reckonizable than ShadowPiplup's and Griffen101's? I just can't understand.

I can do shadings, but it's still in practice. I sometimes clean my line arts to make it seems to be fresh. Large pictures, I can keep up on them because I'm so good at them, don't know why but still.

I think I've oversaid it, but I'll be planning on getting Photoshop CS2 or GIMP.
aquaeevee
Forum contributor

Location: just southwest of sod off, a little past sign say noobly people parking, 5 tics from the asylum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh i love photoshop, hey if you need a polite critique yelp ok?
London

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Don't you know that my art is more reckonizable than ShadowPiplup's and Griffen101's? I just can't understand. [/quote]

How many times have I told you recognizable does not necessarily = good?
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that it so good, that it can be reckonized. I'm saying about the more that it can be reckonized, the better the popularity of the picture.
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recognizable style can be good, sometimes...but you're getting mad for the wrong reasons. You don't need to compare yourself to others and you don't need popularity. You should aim for improvement instead of popularity and aim for a style you're comfortable with instead of a recognizable style. And just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're jealous.
mangacheese1818
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a recognisable style; but you have very little skill.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look at this picture.

http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-702799.html

This was my best picture yet. I've took 15 minutes drawing this, and it got 5 faves, 41 comments, and 520 views.
aquaeevee
Forum contributor

Location: just southwest of sod off, a little past sign say noobly people parking, 5 tics from the asylum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention 1 crtique from yours truely
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. That's all I need, just one.
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one? wouldn't you appreciate more.
well all I can say is practice practice practice
take more time on your pictures too
MonsterCandy
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, i have a lot of critiques, but since someone already gave you one and thats all you aparntly wanted, i'll just give you some friendly advise, one artist to another.

First i'd serjest studying photographs for referance on anatomy and poses, though if you use this method be sure to credit where you referanced from.
A thing i tend to do is look at myself in the mirror for anatomy info. It may sound strange, but studing your own body, how it moves and what is physically possible from what i've found has been helpful to me making improvements on my artwork.
Lastly i can't tell if you do this or not, but i would always start with a rough sketch before you start. This will help give you idea of where everythings going to go, the mood of the image and so on.

Hope that helps a little bit...
Horgh
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need shading and general proportions fixed.

Nuff said.
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well talking to Horgh, I saw the conversation from my friend and you. I'm seriously not lame. And that is the truth.

Reason I'm not good at MS Paint is because I'm too lazy on it. The characters I do, some might be recognizable. BTW, I only draw them by mouse. That's the only kind of way. But not just the mouse, I always use the magnifying glass to find flaws and gaps that are necessarily need to be fixed. The shadings are still in practice now.

When I get Photoshop, I'll do the tutorials that are on the Internet. What I saw that was interesting was the one that how I need to make a glass ball.

P.S. Please, I do not want to have an Internet fight again like last time. Mad
London

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCandy speaks the truth.

Also, Kirbyt, a word of advice: stop trying to convince people you are a good artist by [i]telling[/i] them your art is good. Stop giving excuses for why your art isn't as good as you think it can be. If you want people to respect your art, then listen to critiques, practice, and make better art. Words alone won't change anyone's mind.
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can they be saying "Not bad" instead of "Good"?

That advice might help me. Someday, I'm going to submit pictures that [b]are not[/b] made from MS Paint, although my scanner still needs some working. And when I get better, I suggest that Elric would put me off of the Worst Artist Ever list.
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't ms paint, I have seen some wicked oekaki works in my online life. Having photoshop doesn't make anything better, you should improve in general first. Spent more time on art, sketch, study shapes, make shading. Don't be lazy and don't make excuses on stuff people point out in critique.
Something like a worst artist ever list is mean and low, but having photoshop isn't a guarantie that you will b removed from that list. It should just be ignored like ED articles on online artists and you should improve because you want to and not because of a list.
You should start with the basics first. When you work in paint check some tutorials on pixeling. Don't start without having a plan for your piece et cetera.
Also, the ones causing the fight aren't the ones critique-ing here. The problem is your reaction on peoples help offerings.
MonsterCandy
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ryjia. The problem is definately not MS Paint. I have also seen some absolutely outstanding pictures done in that program.

I'm gonna be honest and say i don't think you should even be considering Photoshop right now. MS Paint is perfect for begining artists. It's simple and easy to navigate. Photoshop is a LOT more advance and has so many features you'll probubally never use...

All i can say is just to practise. There is no quick way of becoming a good or desent artist. You can't just buy a program or a tablet and expect it to make your artwork better. It takes years. So please, stop being "Lazy" with your work, and put some more time and effort into it if your really serious about this kind of thing.

Study anatomy, find tutorials for MS Paint, there are some truely fantasic ones i've seen witch i could try dig up for you, and with all my years of useing the program i know some handy tricks that i could teach you how to do, if your willing to listen.

If however, you deside to egnore what everyones telling you and do buy photoshop, one word of advise...
Never, EVER use the dodge or burn tool to do shadeing and highlights. Just... Don't.
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MonsterCandy"]I agree with Ryjia. The problem is definately not MS Paint.[/quote]

Then why would anyone like Edward Elric be saying that I fail in MS Paint?

[quote="London"]If you want people to respect your art, then listen to critiques, practice, and make better art.[/quote]

But Horgh will never respect anyone's art that uses MS Paint, thanks to the FAC ED article. Rolling Eyes

Besides, Horgh's critiques are too mean and he does not say any problems that he sees on pictures. The reason I block him and his so called friends is that I don't want them to make fun of MY art.

However, there is one serious critique that I have on one of my pictures from one guy named BLM. He said,

[i]Why did you make the face so long? You also did not even attempt to shade. Maybe take more than three minutes on the next submission that you plan to upload, then it may get more appreciation.[/i]
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again. You should just ignore critiques or mean comments if you can't handle them. You should try to improve on your own and not because someone was mean to you.
You probably don't fail at ms paint, that's aquite crude thing to say, BUT you could improve a lot on it. Just keep on trying.
And if that about Horgh is true then he/she is wrong. It's all about the artist and not about the media.
MonsterCandy
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's how you use MS Paint, not the program.

I'm trying to be as friendly as i can about this, but it's very hard when you keep trying to make excuses for everything. Just listen to what people have to say. It will help you choose what you need to improve on.

I've offered all the help i can give, as have other people. If your not going to listen to our advise, then you shouldn't have posted here. Only when you start listening and getting help will you get respect as an artist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: