Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
An Orc's adventure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Roleplaying Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Liggy Fort Rupert is in Quebec....haha french.
good idea with the Uncle XD

You know with all of these new characters popping up, you think people would use the opportunity to join the Role play......oh well, just food for thought.
------------------------------------

"Who are y..... Jesus' lord thundering! what in Gods name is wrong with you! Your skin is green!! Is he sick?" Uncle Seth eyed Rodrick in horror.

"You people don't get out much do you." Rodrick was getting tired of people asking what was wrong with him.

"Ahh no. He is an Orc....Long story short. I was living in a alternate world in another dimension for a few years with him and eventually found a way out. Don't worry he is calm after a few beers." Seth just started at her with a blank look on his face.

"Umm Okay...."

"Rodrick this is my Uncle Seth, whom I haven't seen in years, and may I add got really old. Uncle Seth this is Rodrick whom got us stuck out here with no gas. Hence the walking."

"Well at least your humour didn't change." Seth laughed.

"By the Dark lords, she was always obnoctious. Now I know why I was the only man to marry you."

"Marry!" Uncle Seth look like he was about to have a heart attack.

"For the last time we aren't married!!! No no its okay. We aren't really married, it what it says on our pass ports. I lost all of my information in Thuutr'hir (other world). Apparently BrokenDragons like to eat paper."

"But why the...." Seth began but was cut off.

"It was the only way to get Rodrick across the boarder. We were in the U.S. the past couple of days."

"okay....."

They all stood there for a few minutes in an awkward silence.

"Okay bye." Rodrick turn and started walking toward a gas station for the gas they needed,however the station was no where in sight.

"Wait...you need gas? I could give you some from my Cruiser." Uncle Seth pointed out.

"Cruiser? Then what's with the horse?"

"Ah ol' habits, plus it is a nice day for riding. Isn't that right Misty?" Seth patted the old horse's neck. Misty gave a huff in response.

"Alright I will be right back. I'm parked over that snow hill." Seth climbed back on to Misty's back and rode away back down the road.

"Roddy come back, we have a new plan!" Ethyl yelled after Rodrick.

"Ahhh! for the love of all things unholy! make up your mind woman!"
liggybird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cloppity sound of Misty's receding hooves (and Seth's rather tuneless whistling of his favourite song, 'Rose Marie') soon faded to nothing.

Ethyl and Rodrick sat on the front fender of the articulated truck as they waited for Seth to return with gasoline from his criuser.

The articulated lorry suddenly seemed small, surrounded as it was by the huge conifers that lined the single track road they were on.

Behind the front wall of trees the interior of the forest looked black and impenetrable.

As time went on, with no apparent sign of Seth's return. The silence became almost palpable.

Ethyl was no stranger to finding herself in the Canadian outback. On this occasion, however, something was making her feel more uneasy than she had ever done before.

She inched herself along the fender, closer to the Orc.

Rodrick on the other hand had momentarily allowed himself to become lost in thoughts. (Ethyl's mention of Thuutr'hir had reminded him of his own homeland.)

Suddenly he became aware of Ethyl's right hip pressing against his left one. Then he felt her shoulder as she leant her body towards his.

The orc wasn't sure what, if anything, he should do. Suddenly he found his reminiscing replaced by a strange combination of emotions.

Were they feelings of protectiveness? Feelings of desire? Both? Protectiveness and desire?

Or was it the feeling that he was being led in some new direction by his companion?

Surely she wanted him to reach out to her in some way. He put his left arm gently around her and drew her closer.

For a few moments they sat, like Hansel and Gretel, side by side. Children, lost in the dark, dangerous forest.

Both equally spellbound by the moment, Rodrick and Ethyl turned towards each other. Their eyes met.

Soon the Orc's eyes focused themselves on the soldier girl's lips. Suddenly she seemed anything but a soldier.

Meanwhile Ethyl's eyelids closed in anticipation of a kiss.

Rodrick approached his lips to hers, but as he did so a strange wind - like the cold breath of some malevolent spirit - rustled angrily through the tree tops above them.

Ethyl's eyes opened in surprise.

"What was that?!" she gasped.
liggybird

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It ... it wasn't me." stammered Rodrick. "I am hungry, but even my stomach never makes noises like that. Close your eyes again."

"Oh no." protested Ethyl. "I'm scared. We should take a look to see what might be out there."

Rodrick sighed as he reluctantly removed his left arm from around Ethyl's waist.

"OK." he said. "Wait here while I go over to that tree."

"Why should I be the one to wait here?!" exclaimed Ethyl feeling she was being treated like a helpless female rather than a soldier. "I can climb trees as well as you!"

"Wo there wife!" Rodrick said with a grin. "Who says I was going to climb the tree? I just need somewhere to have a pee."

"Oh." Ethyl responded taken slightly aback (but making a mental note of the 'w' word nonetheless.)

Rodrick half disappeared behind a nearby pine tree (his girth was such that the tree wasn't wide enough to fully conceal him).

A prolonged sound of trickling liquid followed from behind the tree.

Ethyl rolled her eyes.

"Phew! That feels better!" said Rodrick on his return. "Do you want to go? I'll stand guard if you do."

To Rodrick's surprise Ethyl got up from the truck's fender, took four paces forward, and, in the middle of the road ... (well, you can probably imagine the rest).

"Guard that if you want - 'husband'!" Ethyl sniggered, feeling rightfully avenged.

But her glee was short lived.

A sound made them both turn abruptly in the direction of the truck.

It was at that moment that Ethyl and Rodrick noticed something they hadn't seen before.

Standing aloft the logs on the trailer was an enormous, black, bat-like demon!

The sound they had heard must have been the wind its wings had created as it landed.

Ethyl and Rodrick watched as the creature rose up on its legs and unfurled its wings outward.

They spanned the road - from the trees on one side to those on the other.

Then, without warning, the demon breathed out a huge burst of flame from its nostrils. Half a dozen of the trees brushed by the flames started to burn.

A loud klaxon suddenly sounded behind the mesmerised couple. While Ethyl continued to stare at the demon, Rodrick glanced to see who was there.

It was uncle Seth. He must have decided to return in his cruiser rather than on Misty.

"Quick! Jump in here!" Seth shouted as he leaned out of the driver's door whilst doing a u-turn.

Ethyl and Rodrick raced towards the cruiser and dived through the passenger doors as Seth held them open.

Seth slammed his foot hard against the vehicle's floorboards.

"Let's hope we can out run the Pyrodactyl." he shouted as the cruiser sped off - monster in pursuit.
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY HALLOWEEN >XD
----------------------------
"What was that thing?!" Ethyl screamed as she looked out the back window. With great beats of its wings the creature kept in speed with the Cruiser, she looked into two burning red eyes. A shiver ran up her back.

Uncle Seth did not answer. "Put your seat belts on and hold on, things are going to get a whole lot rougher." Uncle Seth kicked the car into high gear. They flew over dips in the road and skidded on corners.

"I will tell you everything that I know later.....if we survive!" Seth yell as they sped through the night at incredible speeds.

"Stop this car and let me fight. I will not sit and run like a coward!" Rodrick demanded, but then realized he didn't have a sword on him at the moment.

"Oh and what are you going to do? Slap it around? No, we have to get out of the forest if we are to make it through the night. There is just too many places for this hell spawned abomination to hind."

Outside there was a sound of metal tearing as the winged creature dug its claws into the lid of the trunk, As it held on, it leaned forward and peered directly at Ethyl. Its hot breath fogged up the window.

"Uncle!!!" Ethyl yelled.

"I'm on it!" Seth swerved back and forth along a straight stretch on highway in hopes to shake off the beast.

In rage the beast, who didn't like to be knocked around started to bash its giant skeleton like fists in the back window. The glass spread with cracks on the first hit. The window wasn't going to last that long. Another blow and Ethyl was showered with bits of glass.

"Quick get in the front!" Seth called to her.

Ethyl who tore out of her seat belt the moment the beast touch the car and was crunched on the floor but still in the path of the monster if and when it broke through the glass shield.

“There’s no room.” Ethyl peered over. The two men completely filled the front seats.

Time was precious as the glass started to cave in. With out a word Ethyl crawled out from her hiding spot. The glass bits that littered the seat cut her hands and arms but that was the lest of her worries. Rodrick reached back, grabbed Ethyl by the hand and helped her to scramble into the front seat. There was no room for Ethyl so she had to sit on Rodrick’s lap. He held on to her with his massive arms so she wouldn’t be thrown around. This embarrassed Ethyl a bit and said. “This never leaves the car.”

With in seconds the back wind shield was completely torn apart. All could hear the wind howl and the monster hissing with crazed anger. The bat creature reached in with long arms trying to find away into the vehicle.

“Look in the glove compartment!” Seth pointed.

“Rodrick move your knees!” Ethyl couldn’t open it.

“It’s not my fault that the car is small!”

“Then move the seat back!”

“How do I do that?!!!?”

“Oh My God man here let me do it!”

“Will you just get the damned thing open already!!!!” Uncle Seth yelled at them.

Rodrick had to turn his knees on an awkward angle and Ethyl squeezed out the hand gun that was hidden in the glove compartment. Instincts took over and Ethyl fired the gun over Rodrick’s shoulder.

The sound of the blast left the Orc deft for a few seconds, but however the plan worked as the monster loosened its grip on the car and fell away in pain. It made a terrible screeching sound as the creature rolled out of sight down the road. They drove on, not once did they stop to see if it was dead or not.

“Where to now?” Ethyl asked. She was reluctant to move off of Rodrick’s lap into the backseat again because the hole in the window was freaking her out just be looking at it. Outside was pitch black. Plus she knew that if the creature came back it would easily grab her. No she was staying right where she was. She snuggled under the Orc’s arms were it was nice and warm, for the lack of a back window was bringing in the cold frosty air.

“To my cabin. It should be safe there for a bit until tomorrow. It is safer to travel by day..” There was a awkward pause again.

“Well this has been a interesting family reunion.” Ethyl piped up.

“Indeed.” Rodrick added.

Silence.

“So how did you two meet?” Uncle Seth randomly put out the question , he didn’t want to seem that he was disturbed by the fact that his niece was fakely married to the..man?….ah…..Orc.

“I think Ethyl is asleep.” Rodrick poked her. “Yep she is out.”

Ethyl snored lightly.

“She hasn’t changed a bit.” Uncle Seth laughed.
liggybird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific mix of description and action in your last post Danielle. It was as if I was in the car with them. I was on the edge of my computer chair (and having quite a few good laughs) during that madcap ride.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN BACK Twisted Evil Razz
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved your entries, for the first part when you didn't finish it, i was going to say that a pack of werewolves were after then but my internet kicked out for a while. its working now through XD!

Love the bat creature idea, this makes a nice horror/action piece for Halloween X3

That gives me an idea for Christmas Idea Twisted Evil
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They drove on for a few hours, down what seemed like an endless desolate road. However the trees thinned out and the moon finally came out from behind the clouds, casting an eerie glow on everything. The front headlights played tricks on the eyes as it made shadows dance along the road side and through the forest brush.

"Nearly there." Uncle Seth quietly said as to not cause anyone alarm from the nearly dead silence that was inside with them.

Seth looked over at the Orc. Ethyl who was curled up of his lap was shrouded in shadows, her head was propped up under Rodrick's chin. She was still asleep. However her cuts still bled.

"We have to fix her up when we get there."

Seth turned the car into a up a long stretch of road up to the top of a hill where his cabin ground lay. The cabin was of two stories high, with a small animal stable beside it. All along the property was barbed fencing and huge spot lights aimed on the open areas. There was also a man standing on the roof of the cabin with a sniper rifle. He waved hello to Seth as he got out of the car.

The group moved into the house with Rodrick carrying Ethyl in his arms. Everyone felt safe now, but they had no idea that the night was going to get a whole lot more dangerous.
liggybird

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interior of Seth's 'cabin' wasn't anything like either Ethyl or Rodrick had imagined it would be.

Certainly the room into which the outer door opened had been given every appearance of being a normal forest residence, but there the resemblance ended.

"Wait there." said Seth to Rodrick as he stood holding the still sleeping Ethyl.

Rodrick was a little suspicious but did as instructed.

He watched as Seth crossed the room to where some pictures were grouped together on one part of the wall.

Seth positioned his face directly in front of one of the pictures and touched the lower left corner of its frame.

A series of red lines zig-zagged across Seth's face. Two seconds later some bookshelves to his right opened outwards en-masse.

"Quick! Follow me!" Seth shouted as he dissappeared through the secret doorway.

Rodrick didn't immediately respond. The barbed wire? The spot lights? The sniper? Why all this security? he was wondering.

(Bear in mind that spy films are completely unheard of where Rodrick comes from. Had Ethyl been awake she would no doubt have quickly assured the Orc that secret government installations like this weren't in any way unusual in North America. And especially so in Canada!)

The Orc stood, debating to himself if this might possibly be some kind of trap.

Seconds later a loud burst of automatic rifle shots was heard. They were coming from the sniper on the roof. Then the shooting fell silent.

Moments later something came crashing in through one of the cabin windows and landed, in the middle of a shower of broken glass and timber, almost at Rodrick's feet.

It was the sniper. Or rather - the sniper's headless body!

"For heaven's sake hurry up will you?!" Rodrick heard Seth urging once more. "We're being attacked by a swarm of pyrodactyls!"

Last edited by liggybird on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down into a dark tunnel like hallway they went until it turned into a dungeon like surrounding. Rodrick didn't like the looks of this place. How ever after the secret door closed behind him he had no choice but to follow Uncle Seth.

They kept waling until Seth stopped by a metal door. With a heavy heave he got it open.

"Hey guys I am back and I brought some reinforcements." Uncle Seth walked in, Rodrick hesitated. Sighed.

As soon as he walked in three men pointed guns in his direction. All in Mountie uniform. There also was a woman there in a cleaning uniform.

Rodrick couldn't put his arms up without dropping Ethyl, and if he did that he would never hear the end of it.

"Who the hell is that?!!!?" One of the terrified guys stammered. They were all shook up by the attacks.

"Its okay, he is on our side!" Seth assured them. "Put down your weapons!!!"

They didn't want to at first but then did what they were told.

"Where is Tony?" A guy asked.

"He is dead I am afraid. He was killed after our return."

"That thing brought them here!" a black hair man pointed to the Orc. His eyes were of deep sliver.

"Calm down Scott! Rodrick is no harm to us!" Seth yelled back.

"Not unless you keep calling me a Thing, you aren't" Rodrick threatened. Rodrick rested Ethyl on a wooden bench beside a metal cabinet.

"What is wrong with her? Was she attacked too?" A man named Robert asked. He had short brown hair and blue eyes asked.

"That is my brothers daughter, Ethyl. She and Rodrick were stuck out on the highway............and then a pyrodactyl ........well lets just say the cruiser needs repairs. " Uncle Seth sighed. "How are our supplies doing?"

"We have been stuck in this hole for the past five days and our transports never showed up! Eventually we are going to run out in about lets say a few days!" Scott thundered.

"We are not going to be able to hold off the attacks with the amount of ammunition we have left." Robert was a solemn when he spoke and he never raised his voice to Seth unlike Scott.

"Yes I understand that is why i came back." Seth answered.

"Where the hell......????" Ethyl mumbled rubbing her eyes.

"You are in the safety of our underground bunkhouse." Uncle Seth patted her shoulder and smiled.

"Bunkhouse? Ah man it wasn't a dream." Ethyl got up. "So whats is going on? Unlce you said you would explain everything to us once we got here. So you better start explaining."

----------
okay now it is done ^-^

Last edited by ShadowMagic on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
liggybird

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowMagic wrote:

not finished........

Is your above post finished yet Danielle? I'm not sure. Confused Very Happy
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done. Your turn. X3
Have fun!! Very Happy
liggybird

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just letting you know I haven't fogotten this Danielle. I'm a bit busy with other stuff at the moment and can't seem to put my mind properly to writing. I hope to be able to continue soonish though. (Carry on without me if you wish to.)
xxx
liggybird

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I've managed to get down to it again!! XD:)LOL

"Those things that are attacking us - the pyrodactyls - well they're a result of a species conservation experiment that went wrong." Seth began to explain.

"You've no doubt heard of the Townsend Big-Eared Bat that's an endangered species throughout North America?" he asked looking at Ethyl.

Ethyl thought deeply. She really wasn't sure if she had or she hadn't.

"Never mind." Seth continued. "Well, some smart Alec - the 'story' is that he was doing a bit of dabbling of his own at a university lab somewhere - managed to genetically enhance a few of the little fellas."

Seth paused to press a couple of keys on a computer keyboard he was standing near. A picture of a Townsend Big-Eared bat appeared on one of the monitors

"Something about using DNA derived from prehistoric pterodactyl fossils mixed with the bats' own DNA."

At this point Scott took the opportunity to interject his own two pennyworth into Seth's explanation.

"You know the kind of thing ... like in the 'Jurrasic Park' movies of the twentieth century?"

Scott fell quiet again. The floor of the bunker was trembling noticeably. Loud bangs could also be heard coming from above their heads.

"Well, needless to say, some of the modified bats escaped." Seth resumed.

"They started living in caves and old abandoned mine shafts. As they grew they began killing the bears and moose in the woods hereabouts."

Scott came in again.

"... then they started on the bison of the prairies. We've been investigating them for over a year now."

"So ..." Rodrick interrupted. "that's what this underground bunker is all about. It's a research centre!"

"Your friend's quick on the uptake!" Scott commented with a barely suppressed smirk.

Rodrick sensed the sarcasm in Scott's comment. His expression of interested contemplation of what was being explained instantly changed to one of annoyance directed at Scott.

Ethyl also noticed what was happening. She acted to defuse the situation.

"Do go on uncle Seth." she insisted hastily.

"Oh, ... er ... " Seth stammered (feeling he'd been somewhat derailed from his train of thought). "... what we know so far is that the bats are not only super-strong, they're super-intelligent as well."

"Yeh." Scott excitedly took over the explanation again. "And they've developed some sort of capability to extract radioactive materials from their caves ..."

"Don't tell me Scott ..." Rodrick interrupted. "that's where they get the energy to breathe out fire I suppose?!"

"Er ... not really." corrected Scott. "They use gasoline for that. The radioactive materials are to make their eyes glow in the dark."
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The room went silent.

"So how do you kill them?" Ethyl asked.

"Regular weapons....however to actually get them to stop moving long enough to attack or get a shot in is quiet the challenge.... Tony had the best aim out of all of us with the snipper rifle." Seth explained.

"A lot use it is to him now." Scott mumbled.

"He had held off the Pyrodactyls for a while and successful killed a few. With one however we had ubtainded it somewhat alive and took it in for research." Uncle Seth ignored Scott's comment

"YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE THINGS ALIVE!!! IN HERE??!!!" Ethyl spoke out.

"It is quiet harmless in its state. It was wounded badly." Seth reasured them.

"Wild animals are more dangerous in a wounded state." Ethyl corrected him. "they will attack back even when they are half dead."

"Its locked up!" Scott snapped back. "stop your worrying."

"That isn't the point! What if it got lose, Huh? what them."

"It would be dispossed of." Robert said pointing out that everyone had a gun.

"We are all going to die down here, aren't we?" Fianlly the woman with the black hair standing in the back of the room piped up.

"Could you be any more negative?" Scott spoke to her. "We aren't going to die."

"not right away." the woman mumbled. The woman was Scott"s sister, Margret. She had a job at the base as a cleaner to keep an eye on her brother.

"ANYWAY...!!!!" Uncle Seth continued again. "if you would kindly like to follow me, I will explain futher."

"Please don't tell me you are going to show us the creature." Ethyl said as she followed her uncle out of the room.

"Of course. You should know just what we are fighting against." He said plainly.

Rordrick followed after them, not because he was interested in the monster but becasue he didn't want to stay a moment longer in that room with Scott. He thought of everyone's sake that if Scott said one more word to him he was going to throw the abnociously cocky officer into a wall or worse.
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down the corridor at the end of the hallway there was a large yellow and black striped door indicating it to be a hazardous area past that point. However they still went through the door as it lifted up and disappeared into the ceiling.

"Don't worry we will be out of harms way, the creature has been well contained." Uncle Seth said as they reached a glass window, which what pitch black on the other side. Ethyl stepped back.

"Apparently these creatures hate the sun." Uncle Seth said as he flicked a switch. A powerfully bright light shone in the room beyond and a terrible howling started to scream. Everyone had to cover their ears as the creature's voice turned into a piercing cry of pain and angry.

"Gahhhh! Can we put it out of it misery!" Rodrick who had the most sensitive hearing of the three cursed out.

The screams died and was replaced with a muffled whimper.

The Pyrodactyl was crouching in the farthest corner of the room. Its massive wings folded around itself as protection. All that could be seen was its large ugly face as it stared directly at the window were the group was standing behind. Its large eyes were blood shot red and haunting. Its snout was short with a rounded nose like a dog. Atop of its head there was the largest pair of ears Ethyl had ever seen. She could do nothing but chuckle. It would have been some what cute if it didn't have the power to tear out car windows and decapitate people.
The fur that covered its body was thin and the color of burnt ashes, Its hands that clutched tightly to its thin black leather wings were long and bony, each were tipped with sharp claws strong enough to rip through flesh like butter, and its teeth were just as powerful.

"That is the creature we were running from!? it is nothing but a bag of skin and bone!" Rodrick sized up this Pyrodactyl and found it to be less then threat. "Pathetic."

"It is scared out of its wits, it will not be much of the threat in its state, like I said before." Uncle Seth.

"I can't believe you two." Ethyl frowned. "One one of those things just tried to kill me and here you are acting like it is a harmless puppy. Look at it."

"And your point would be." Rodrick answered back.

"Don't assume anything. It is a wild animal, and wild animals will do anything in order to survive. You two should know that." Ethyl folded her arms and looked back to the Pyrodactyl. It was out of the corner and had its nose touching the glass. It was trying to pick up there scent.

Ethyl jumped back. "Christ!"

It was as tall as Ethyl as it stood on its back legs, it looked taller due to its extremely long ears. "See don't assume anything. It is smarter them it looks."
liggybird

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few seconds the captive creature kept its eyes fixed on Ethyl. Ethyl felt strangely as if there was an empathy between her and the pyrodactyl.

Without taking its eyes off her, the monster pointed first at its own neck then at Ethyl's. Ethyl touched the pendant of the necklace she was wearing.

"Seems it's taken a fancy to your necklace little niece." smiled Ethyl's uncle Seth.

"This is no ordinary necklace." said Ethyl. "The pendant is an ancient amulet. I've had it since we left Thuutr'hir.

Seth looked puzzled.

"Thuutr'hir. That's where Rodrick comes from." Ethyl explained. "I was given the amulet by an old fortune teller on her deathbed. The old lady pleaded I should take it and look after it for her, but she died before she could explain why."

At this point Ethyl's recounting was suddenly interrupted.

The creature, which had seemed also to be listening to Ethyl's story, suddenly turned away. It loped over to the corner it had been crouching in when they had first seen it.

Once there it stooped and picked up something from the floor, before loping back to the observation window, where it held the object against the glass with one of its skeletal hands.

Ethyl gasped. The object was another amulet identical to the one she was wearing!

The pyrodactyl looked past the amulet it was holding and once more into Ethyl's eyes (which were by now welling with tears as she recalled the dying woman's last request). As it did so Ethyl saw the reflection of her own tears superimposed on the creature's eyes seen through the glass.

Could it be that the pyrodactyl was trying to tell her something about the mystery behind the old woman's amulet?

"You mustn't harm it, uncle Seth." Ethyl suddenly insisted. "I want you to let me in there. I believe it wants to communicate with us."
liggybird

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethyl disappeared through the door leading into the pyrodactyl's cell.

"I don't think she should be going in there with that thing."

The voice came from behind Seth and Rodrick. It startled them. They turned to see the bunker's cleaning lady, Margaret.

"Er. We ... we tried to stop her Marge. Sh ... she just wouldn't listen." stuttered Ethyl's uncle Seth.

Rodrick wondered why Seth was suddenly acting so nervously (seeing as Margaret was only the cleaning lady).

"Hold on missus!" he interjected, "Why are you in here? Shouldn't you be out there with Scott?"

Margaret immediately thrust her shoulders back and her chest out.

"Young man," she said in a very authoritative voice, "you did't think we were just going to wait outside, twiddling our thumbs, and wondering what the three of you might be getting up to in here did you?"

Rodrick decided he had no further questions.

"We?" Seth queried, slightly less nervously.

"Yes. We." Margaret persisted. "Scott! Show yourself."

Scott's head popped up from behind a nearby filing cabinet.

"Well! That's just brilliant isn't it?!" gasped Rodrick. "Why don't we all just cosy in with this specimen while the pyros outside take over the station."

Just then the door of the cell reopened. Ethyl emerged. She now had both her own and the pyrodactyl's amulet - one in each hand.

All four of the onlookers suddenly recoiled for an instant as the pyrodactyl also emerged, following Ethyl out of its cell.

"Don't worry," said Ethyl. "She is friendly. Her name is Candrella."

"She?" muttered Scott.

"Yes. I am a she." they all suddenly sensed they heard Candrella say. The creature was using some kind of telepathy.

"Now two of the amulets have been brought together," Candrella's voice continued. "it only remains to take them to the place where Ethyl grew up."

"How convenient." Rodrick found himself thinking.

"That is where you will find a third amulet." Candrella's voice continued to explain. "It is to be found hidden under a massive stone near an old abandoned car in the forest."

"It's true." Ethyl confirmed. "I know where the car she means is. I took photos of it once. I remember sitting on the stone to take the photos."

"But how are we going to get out of here?" asked uncle Seth. "We are being held prisoners by your pyrodactyl's, er, Candrella's, friends?"

"You are free to go." said Candrella's voice. "I have already transmitted to my 'friends' the good news telepathically. They were only attacking because I was your prisoner and they knew I had one of the amulets. They no longer have any reason to harm you ..."

Candrella turned towards Ethyl before finishing her sentence.

"... now they know the amulets are in the hands of their rightful guardian."

Ethyl blushed noticeably before saying.

"Er, I guess that means me."
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-774736.html
A Pyrodactyl, enjoy.
------------------

Margret eyed the creature with sturn and angry eyes. "You can't be serious, how could you actually trust this beast." She spoke to Ethyl 'I don't even trust him>" Marget said pointing to Rodrick.

"What can I say, I have a way with animals." Ethyl said sarcastically back.

"'This will all end badly, just you wait." Margret stuck her nose in the air and walked out with her brother Scott behind her.

"I smell a rat." Rodrick spoke after the door closed

"Who are you calling a rat?" Candrella said in offence.

"I wasn't talking to you." Rodrick snapped back.

"Yes I agree with you on that Rodrick. Something is not right about that woman."

What are you two talking about? Margret has been here for more then seven years she means no harm. She just needs to watch what she says....just like her brother....don't tell them I said that." Uncle Seth came into the conversation.

"No there is something more then that." Ethyl didn't true Margret from square one.

" We must be going or the others will wonder what happened to me." Candrella tugged on Ethyl's shirt.

"Okay." Ethyl agreed.

"Not without me you aren't." Rodrick said with crossed arms.

"I wasn't going to leave you behind." Ethyl looked at him in confusion, then smiled, he was jealous.

Candrella was free to walk down the hallways with the rest of the group to the back exit that led to the cellar under the house. Form there they crawled trought he cellar door to the outside world where there was dozens pairs of eyes watch them step out into the winter night.

"I think I would feel more comfortable if i had a sword right now." Rodrick piped up.

"Oh hush, we'll be fine." Ethyl smiled.
liggybird

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few yards further down the road the group of four found itself surrounded by pyrodactyls. Rodrick cracked the knuckles of one hand menacingly in the other as he and one of the creatures engaged in a defiant staring match.

Ethyl nudged Rodrick. She reminded him of the amulets she now had in her posession by rattling them together in front of him.

Candrella gestured to Ethyl, Rodrick and Seth to stay where they were. Then she went over to the most imposing looking of the pyrodactyls.

When she returned it was to say there was a transporter that they could use to retrieve the third amulet.

The device was a prototype, but it was at an advanced stage of its development.

Provided they were willing to accept that using it wouldn't be without risk, it was capable of getting them to Ethyl's home town by daybreak.

"Oh no." grumbled Rodrick. "I hope this isn't going to turn out to be like that hot air balloon flight!"

"Well. If you want you can see for yourself." said Candrella's voice. "The transporter is just behind that outcrop of rocks over there."

Candrella was pointing the fingers of her bat's wing in the direction of some rocks that stood silhouetted in light from the almost full moon.

"Very well." Rodrick grunted. "So long as I won't have to wear any kind of seat belts and stay seated the whole time."

"I can assure you you won't." Candrella responded, adding. "What's more, you may even use your mobile phone if you wish to."

Rodrick (who had never, ever even seen a mobile phone) gave her a puzzled look.

"I was just having you on." quipped Candrella with a bat grin on her face.

"Oh, for heaven's sake! Stop being such a whiner Roddy." Ethyl interrupted excitedly. "And no more of the lame wisecracks if you don't mind Candy!"

Candrella bit her lips to suppress her grin. Ethyl continued.

"We're waisting time. If there's a good chance I can be home by tomorrow morning, then I say 'what are we waiting for?'"

"And I'll second that." added Ethyl's uncle Seth. "I haven't seen the folks back home for ages either."

Two minutes later Ethyl's small band of companions rounded the rocky outcrop.

As they did so their jaws dropped at the sight of what came into view.

Glinting in the moonlight was a magnificent flying saucer.

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures.php?pid=776358

Last edited by liggybird on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShadowMagic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How do you get your hands on a space craft?" Ethyl said as she stepped into the saucer. There was a steep pair of steps that led up to a large square door built into the side of the ship.

"My people made it" she gave an animalistic smile that looked a lot like a snarl ."Watch your step." Candrella waved her wings to the ladder. She however didn't have to climb them because of her gift of flight.

When Ethyl was in the door way she turned back to help the others. As she reached for Rodrick's hand he casted her a serious look. "Are you confident on this action?" He said.

"Well you are heavy and I wouldn't want you to crush my Uncle if your accidentally fell." Ethyl answered back.

"What? I'm not talking about that.......do you really trust these creatures and this flying contraption?"

"I trusted you didn't I. Now come on we are wasting time." She gave him a smile.

"You will be the death of me, you know that." he grumbled.

"Just get up here." Ethyl heaved with all her might and nearly passed out when he reach the top.

"Are you alright?" Uncle Seth asked as he finally made it into the craft.

"Just a sore back, I'm be fine." Ethyl wheezed trying to catch her breath.

"Oh come on! I'm not that heavy." Rodrick frowned.

"Please follow me." Candrella piped up once she got everyone's attention. "This way." She hopped down a series of hallways to the front control room. There they met the captain of the space craft.

A rough looking bat who wore a pair of large black goggles atop it head and a black leather vest sat in a sat like a human on a steel chair in front of a large control panel. The Pyrodactyl turned to look at the group as they walked into the room. This creature was different looking from the rest of its kind as its noes was more flatter, its teeth were longer, ears longer but over all mass of the creature was bigger as it arose from the steel chair.

"Stanislav's DNA was accidentally mixed in with a little Macroderma gigas.....ghost bat." Candrella explained as she noted the puzzled looks from her quests.

"Don't Ghost Bats eat other bats?" Seth put in.

Candrella shook her head rapidly and shushed him.

"No I prefer the taste of human flesh." the captain Stanislav said in a very strong Russian accent. He smiled. "How may I be of service?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Roleplaying Area All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: