Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Careers In Art: What Pays? What Doesn't?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsuNekoChan
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Careers In Art: What Pays? What Doesn't? Reply with quote

I'm in my junior year of high school now and have decided to direct my future towards having a career in art. Whoopie, i've chosen a great path apparently and people tell me, ' oh you're so good your gonna make millions of dollars and blah blah blah' (and they've only seen my anime art lol. they don't know that it's gonna get me nowhere in life). Before you freak out, anime isn't the only thing i draw, i've got plenty of realism i've been working on for a while Wink

I find two subjects that interest me and draws my attention the most and i would love to possibly major in Illustration and Sequential Art since i love making posters, T-shirts, and making comics. But even if i took those courses and graduated, will it get me somewhere as a career? would i really be able to make enough money?

what kind of jobs out there could i consider getting in those fields? i'd love to hear your feedback

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places. - Henny Youngman[/i]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animators seem to get paid pretty horribly. You're not going to get rich out of realism either.

From what I understand, what pays money is stuff like graphic design and advertising.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are into science too, you can go for art conservation. A profession which is sadly most known to most people for something similar in Da Vinci Code.
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think art is best as a part time job only. the field of art is very shaky, especially in anime(seeing your gallery) and you can't entirely rely on it, even if you major in it in a university or something like that. try art for magazines, or selling prints, something like that. I hope to master the GIMP and sell at least 1 drawing to Time magazine Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: