Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
super cool anime movies GO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: super cool anime movies GO Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea so if you guys could tell me?
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door is the shit.

Go watch it.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I watch any of the anime first or will the movie make sense on it's own?

I mean it's a movie so it probably will make sense but you never know y'know?
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch all of the anime first.

You don't need it for it to make sense, but it's fucking awesome, only 26 episodes long, and you can find it in under 2 gigs.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of Evangalion.
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro. co-written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki.There is a long-standing rumor that Steven Spielberg saw Castle of Cagliostro at the Cannes film festival and called its car chase one of the greatest chase sequences ever filmed, and/or called Cagliostro "one of the greatest adventure movies of all time." While this rumor has not been specifically verified, Manga Video considered it credible enough to mention on the back cover of its 2000 DVD release and the front cover of its 2006 "Special Edition" DVD release. While the film was not shown at Cannes in an official capacity, it could have been screened as part of the Marché du Film Cannes Film Market which is attended by thousands of motion picture industry professionals every year. It is also possible that Spielberg saw it if he happened to attend its screening at the 1980 Noreascon.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FMA Conquer of Shamballa for a anime movie you have to watch all the anime first to understand.

As for a true 'anime movie' I believe you should take a gander at "Strait Jacket" filled with violence and bloodshed. Freaky w.t.f. scenes with demons, and clever dialogue with a few nude scenes here and there.

Blood the last vampire (NOT the live action one!) is another good movie to view if your into bloodshed and violence along with mythic lore.
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually while there are some elements of the FMA movie that would help if you watched the anime it's not neccesary, the story is removed from the anime enough that you'd understand it. I showed it to a bunch of friends who never saw FMA, they liked it but not as much as if they had watched the series. A better one would be the Cowboy bebop movie, which the series is not neccesary to enjoy, loved the music in that. besides those, I'm trying to get this movie called "the girl who leapt through time", looks cool.
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HerculesRockefeller"]Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door is the <blink>@^*%</blink>.

Go watch it.[/quote]

Yeah it is really good, I don't think you need to watch the series first in order to understand it.

Usually (well in some people's opinions), Hayao Miyazaki's films are good, like Spirited Away, etc. I love his movies.
Hisoka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odin: Photon Space Sailor Starlight for a true anime movie. There is no series for it, I'm afraid. And don't, whatever you do, get any of the dubbed versions- it must be the original. I had the dubbed version on video and when I watched the original version on DVD, it was like a breath of fresh air. The dubbed version was axed into teeny pieces.

People downgrade this anime movie a lot, but I think there are some out there who like it. Like me. It's science fiction and has a lot of techno babble, virtually no plot, but amazing visual effects. It doesn't say it on the end credits, but the music was done by a group called Loudness.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the suggestions in here suck. They are good movies, but aren't much good to watch if you haven't seen the series they are based on.

For stand-alone movies.
* Anything by Studio Ghibli (Particularly those directed by Miyazaki). Most are family type movies, but even if you aren't into that kind of thing, stuff like Nausicaa would probably appeal to you just fine.
* Anything by Makoto Shinkai
*Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
*Blood: The Last Vampire
*Ghost in the Shell
*Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
*Read or Die (technically an ova series, but it's 3 eps so close enough)
*Slayers movies (take place before the series so they are stand alone)
Hisoka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I loved Slayers: The Motion Picture. That kicked ***** all right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: