Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Angels and Demons your take on it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Angels and Demons your take on it? Reply with quote

Well what does thee think of Angels and Demons the movie? Better than the book, not as good as the book? Better than the Da Vinci code? Not soo better?

(Reason I am posting this NOW is because I saw it yesterday, forgive me -shot!-)

I for one love this movie, it was wayyy better than the first one, alot more plot twists, and not to mention it's seeping with religious origins of good and evil, showing us who truely are the demons and the angels of this movie. Wink Gotta say I was shocked quite a few times, the ending for sure was the biggest one (Duh)
Plus the music was a bonus, much better than the music in the first movie. However I havent read the book of Angels and Demons yet but I will soon enough. (There is such a high demand at it in my library it isent even funny.)

Btw did you know they didnt shoot this in Rome? The pope wouldnt let them because of what the movie represented. Just thought I would toss that out there to the uninformed.
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Brown books are pretty much unreadable. :\
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why I prefer the movies. I understood both movies right away, my mom didnt get the first movie right off the bat til she saw it for a second time. This is why I like the movies, they make you think about whats going on, plus they put a face to the name that way you dont get confused at what character is doing what etc only to lead you away from what is mainly happening when you read the books.

Also just a question and I feel silly asking it. Is the Los Illuminados of Resident evil four the same people known as the Illuminati of Angels and Demons? (even though the illuminati never made an appearence and it was just staged to look like they returned) I ask this cause the translation of Los Illuminados means The Illumination or something close to the Illuminati. Least that's what this Resident evil website said. Neutral

Last edited by SweetxinsanityxSarah on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should feel silly for asking it, lol.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda think its them and I kinda dont. One reason is because both clans are obessed with scientific research (The Las Plagas are an example of this)
Another reason is that they both have spanish-ish qualities though thats not enough to help it.

Reason I dont is because why didnt they just come out and say it was the Illuminati? Instead of confusing the hell out of gamers by disguising the name. Plus the symbols of the clans are different. Ah who knows maybe it is just a clan inspired by the Illuminati even though the Los Illuminados was said to be as old as the Illuminati.
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Illuminat---something is just a latin word. Both groups names came from that word. They're not connected. They're not even real. It's [i]fiction[/i]. Dan Brown passes off his bullshit as historical fact, but it's poorly researched and incredibly poorly written.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each their own my dear. Besides much better than the crap hollywood is bringing out nowadays, cept for 2012 that looks interesting. And Avatar.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lose your credibility in every post you make.

Sometimes, you gain some halfway through your post only to lose them all over again.

Your opinion on movies is generally bad. All the movies that you like are either really good movies everybody likes, or really bad movies that no one should like.

Your opinions on anime and game are even worse.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian I will not say this again

SHUT
THE
HELL
UP
FAIL
TROLL!

Do I LOOK like Solaris to you? No so PISS OFF! Run your mouth again and Im reporting your obnoxious behaviour to Strata, no on second thought im reporting you now im SICK of you dragging others into your lil flame war with Solaris, what he not good enough nowadays? JUST BECAUSE I LIKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU DOESENT MEAN I HAVE A BAD OPINION

Now shut up and except it. No one is designed in your friggin image.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You like movies that are universally panned, but enjoyed by people who haven't seen any better. Recommending these movies would be a bad advice. Liking them would be a bad opinion.

Personally, I've watched Da Vinci Code and it was OK, just ok. I guess I could call it a flaming ball of adequacy, although I did like the appearance of the French girl from Amelie. I'm not going to watch Angels and Demons because it received bad reviews, from critics with more credibility than you.

2012 is an extremely bad movie, the trailer for Avatar is a uncanny valley bonanza. I don't know why you would recommend these movies except they are the only upcoming movies you know of.
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/6194031/The-Lost-Symbol-and-The-Da-Vinci-Code-author-Dan-Browns-20-worst-sentences.html

My roomie and I were looking over this now, and we literally laughed for five minutes over #10.

;_;
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a book? I saw the movie and thought it was better then the davinchi code. I liked the part with the huge ass explosion then they find out the same priest who saved everyone is the bad guy, so epic
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst sentence (writing) = "Da Vinci Code"

they make a good point there, but I don't know what the alternative is, Leonardo Code?

Doesn't "son" in "Jackson" mean "Son of Jack"? if you were to translate "Jackson Code" into other languages with that meaning, it would sound weird too.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? You take advice from OTHERS? How sad. -shakes head- Ever think these people who watched the movie were religious? The press enterprise over here gave it 4 in half out of five stars and said it was brillantly well done and had amazing scenery for a re-make of rome, good casting, and that tom hanks never fails to impress. The critic also said that the people who diss it need to stop whining about the religious beliefs since the movie wasent meant to harm anyone.

I dont take anyones advice cause if I did well I would hardly watch any movies nowadays with the way people bitach and moan about them. Say what you want but I take my OWN advice before other's first, and this was a damn good movie in MY opinion, not someone else's opinion oooo.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Then keep those opinions to yourself. I find good, experienced advices very valuable and take in a lot of them. This also compels me to make advices to others.

Here's one: Go watch Changeling.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of that sentance did you NOT understand? -shakes head- quit trying to win this, you cant win everything so stop crying less you want that precious kiriban title to go poof.

Im not forcing my opinion on others, im just stating my opinion. Really you going to say someone else's opinions are stupid and NOT expect to get burned? You didnt even watch the movie so WHY are you here again? Unless you have read the book then shush and go crawl off to PM to yell at Solaris instead of spamming the forums.
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, seriously now. Solaris, how did you [i]not[/i] know that those movies were based on books?

[quote]The critic also said that the people who diss it need to stop whining about the religious beliefs since the movie wasent meant to harm anyone. [/quote]
Why are you even bringing this up? I can't stand Dan Brown because he can't decide if he's writing a lecture or a novel. Furthermore, if he's going to spend page and pages throwing enormous chunks of information at me, he should at least take the time to make sure that information is true. His writing is clumsy, fragmented, and often includes tons of unimportant details that have nothing to do with.. anything.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Art History professor, at the end of the final lecture, did a 20 min rage over The Da Vinci Code (which recently came out on DVD). It was hilarious not so much in content but her rage, she sounded like her ovaries were on fire.

"Here's the Last Supper... if you read the letters made by the disciples head, it reads... GO FU[i]C[/i]K YOURSELF DAN BROWN"

[quote]Im not forcing my opinion on others[/quote] Yeah you are, unless you are a hermit who writes them down on paper and use it as toiler paper. Someone reads it.

If you are using the forum as a squash court to bounce back your own inner thoughts, this isn't the place for that.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Critic did mention that it was a fiction based book, yet people scream about it thinking this guy is a atheist. Really?! Same deal with search for the golden compass. And like passion of the christ, the church tried to boycott this movie as well. But as you see their rants and raves went unheard since this the movie was released and is now on DVD. Im just saying how ridiculus it is that Christans throw a fit over the silliest things when it comes to jesus etc. I just dont get how they went crazy over passion of the christ. I see nothing blasphames in that movie.
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be defending the book because it's a work of fiction. Dan Brown has said himself that 99% of the background info in his books is true. He is a liar. A liar with his pants a-fire, a fire that burns so deeply and profoundly that not even the charcoal at the bottom of Robert Langdon's barbecue grill. Also, I fail to comprehend why you repeatedly insist again and again on bringing up the religiously-offended Christian psycho aspect of the movie's criticisms, since nobody else here is taking time out of their day, time that could have been spent eating, or sleeping, or watching documentaries on World War II, to express religiously motivated outrage.

That professor sounds somewhat amazing.

(11:13:40 PM) Me: this is
(11:13:42 PM) Me: the best line
(11:13:43 PM) Me: “His hips and abdomen were the archways of mystical power. Hanging beneath the archway [sic], his massive sex organ bore the tattooed symbols of his destiny. In another life, this heavy shaft had been his source of carnal pleasure. But no longer.”
(11:13:48 PM) Me: from his newest book, so it didn't make that list
(11:14:01 PM) Benk: oh man
(11:14:03 PM) Benk: best author ever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: