Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Twilight Series
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenzen
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: The Twilight Series Reply with quote

Many of you would think The Twilight Series is excellent, but I am sorry to inform that this is a very common mistake. For those of you who are reading this wanting to rip my from limb to limb, I feel I must inform that you do not frighten me. And if you want to know why I dislike Twilight please read the following.
First and most importantly(to me), The vampires sparkle in the sunlight, I dislike this fact because in almost every vampire movie and/or book sunlight either kills or weakens the vampires.
Second, the characters are as bland as uncooked tofu and as boring as my English teacher.

And now for a special addition from ZenZen's older sister Meg that focuses on the special effects and acting.
Special effects are essential to any fantasy movie to make it seem more realistic, the only exception to this is animated movies. In the first Twilight movie everything from the make up to the action scenes are painfully bad. The make up lines on the Cullens are clearly visible, the contacts are plainly visible, and the lip color on Bella and the Cullens is a terrible match to their pale skin. A light pink lip color does not go well with nearly deathly pale skin, what was the make up artist and the director thinking with that lip color?
Now on to the special effects that deal with the "vampires" powers (I put the word vampires in quotation marks because the "vampires" in Twilight have much more in common with the fairies of Celtic myths than actual vampires). There are times when Edward (Pattinson) is sitting in trees and the support line that is keeping him from falling is clearly visible. :/ During the fight between Edward and James the movements are unrealistic and at times you can tell that it is the special effects team using thin ropes to pull James and Edward around. The excuse that Twilight had a low budget and that was the reason that the effects were bad doesn't work either, the movie Pan's Labyrinth had an even lower budget than Twilight and the special effects in that movie were absolutely amazing (it is also an all around better movie than Twilight because the acting was better and the plot complicated and intriguing, unlike Twilight)

I honestly don't know who was a worse actor in Twilight, Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattinson. Kristen Stewart seems to have the same facial expression through out the movie, and the only change is when she raises her eyebrow raises, she blinks rapidly, or she makes her orgasm face. Sorry for the bluntness, but when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella's arm it looks like she is having an orgasm. >> Her smile looks like she has something uncomfortable against her sphincter muscle. Another thing that bothers me about Stewart is that her eyes are dead, no matter what expression she is supposed to be showing her eyes are always dead.
Pattinson is almost as bad as Stewart though. Through out the entire movie he looks like he is pain. Which is understandable because he once described Twilight as "a forty year old woman's wet dream". I would feel very uncomfortable if I was forced to act as a person that was obviously the subject of the authors wet dreams.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wrote a much better review for the series than any of the critics combined. <3333

Fun fact boys and girls. The reason Ed's hair was soooo dreamy looking and stylish in the first movie is BECAUSE robert pattison....didnt wash his hair for MONTHS!!
firehead
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Twilight Series Reply with quote

I found a mistake.
[quote="zenzen"]Many of you would think The Twilight Series is excellent,[/quote]
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr

Liking Twilight is a new bandwagon

Hating Twilight is a new bandwagon

fuck you both
unfocused

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I hated Twilight before hating Twilight was cool Crying or Very sad
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEN YOU GET INDIE STREET CRED
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew about Twilight series (2007) before it became really popular because a girl in my class did a presentation on it. I still have no opinion on the series because I never read it the fans never bothered me.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont NEED to see the movies to know they are utter garbage, just ask around. The only reason this chick's books/movies are soo damn popular is because the other vampire novelists arent bringing out any good books and there hasent been any decent vampire movies in ages. Anne Rice turning into a born again Christian was all this lady needed to set her for life. If Anne Rice or any other vampire novelist stepped up to the plate today this chick would get laughed at with her pathetic wet dream inspired books that somehow in god's name got turned into movies.

I regretfully out of curiousity picked up Twilight just for utter boredom. I put it down after chapter 13. It was sooooo stupid. All it consisted of was "Oh mah gawd he's sooo hawt why does he hate me? Oh everytime he looks at me my heart races, look how he sparkles I cant take my eyes off him!"

GARBARGE WET DREAM NONESENSE! I have seen anime fan fiction one shots by 12 year olds with better writing than this!
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight is about as intelligent and well written as your Naruto and Yugioh bullshit. Except Twilight has a larger, more mainstream audience. You fail at seeing the similarity between liking horribly written vampire fiction to liking horribly written ninja comics.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet you mock angels and demons BUT HAVENT SEEN IT?!? Must you really go out of your way to prove me wrong JUST TO STROKE YOUR E-EGO?! The goddamn book and movies SUCK! Even the actor Robert Pattison said himself as said in zenzen's post felt uncomfortable playing the part!!

Gurran Lagen is utter random stupidity with lolis and big chested women out the ass that looks like a POOR rip off of gundam wing!

I'm sorry but if you claim I am a super naruto fan just because I am interested in the show you are a failure at life as we know it. I DONT JUST LIKE NARUTO YOU FOOL. I like a THOUSAND more shows. But I dont want to fill up zenzen's thread with all the anime and shows I prefer over the garbage that is Twilight.

TWILIGHT
SUCKS
DONT
WATCH
IT
CASE
CLOSED.

Last edited by SweetxinsanityxSarah on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Gurran Lagen is utter random stupidity with lolis and big chested women out the ass that looks like a POOR rip off of gundam wing!
[/quote]

Gundam Wing = The only gundam you know.

Also, Gurren Lagann is a cinematic masterpiece, especially episode 4.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that episode and laughed at the utter stupidity and randomness. I'm sorry but I would rather sit through an Icarly marathon where they all are voiced by chipmunks than watch the stupidity that is gurran lagen (aka loli-ized/fooliy cooly gundam wing rip off)
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I saw that episode and laughed at the utter stupidity and randomness. [/quote]

Proof you never watched episode 4.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"][quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I saw that episode and laughed at the utter stupidity and randomness. [/quote]

Proof you never watched episode 4.[/quote]

^ angry that someone has an opinion different from his own.

:V oh noes!
Littledawg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gundam Seed Gundam 00 Gundam SD Gundam Mobile Suit Gundam Gundam 0080 just to list a few...

gurran lagen was ok but it's not very entertaining and the story didn't really keep my attention. As the Nostalgia Critic would say, it had the potential, but failed to realize it.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks Gurren Lagann was a ripoff of anything missed the point.

It was a 27 episode homage to shows like Gundam 0079, Getter Robo, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and other such early Mech animes.

Of course, since you cited it as a ripoff of Gundam Wing of all things, you missing the point is to be expected, since Wing was an abortion of a Gundam series, and if it deserves to be called a ripoff of anything, that would be Getter.

Last edited by HerculesRockefeller on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also;

GOD TIER:
G Gundam

TOP TIER:
0080: War in the Pocket, Zeta, Turn A, 08th MS Team

HIGH TIER:
0083, 0079

MID TIER:
Char's CouterAttack, 00 Season 1, ZZ, X

LOW TIER:
Seed, 00 Season 2

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS BORING AS SHIT AND FULL OF UNINTERESTING RAGING FAGGOTS TIER:
Wing, Seed Destiny
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bore me at trying to prove gurran lagen is interesting as you keep saying it is. Sorry but I saw a few episodes before turning it finally. And I am not one to turn down an anime, cept if it be Pogaymon or bakugan.

Can we get back on subject? Oh yeah

TWILIGHT SUCKS.

Want to prove this is interesting? Go ahead I will laugh when zenzen proves you horribly wrong AGAIN.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]You bore me at trying to prove gurran lagen is interesting as you keep saying it is[/quote]

That sounds like you don't know what to say, becasue you look stupid for not knowing what you are talking about, so you are trying to act casual about it, instead of letting it wound your pride.

It's ok, it happens to the best, and worst of us.

EDIT: No one is arguing that Twilight doesn't suck.

I just think it's no worse than any of the other tripe pieces of shit you kids like.

FFVII is a prime example, as it set the stage for the series' transition from Medieval Steampunk Adventures, to tripe, boring OMG KAWAII BISHIE SQUEEEE fangirl bullshit.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND AS LONG AS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RIPOFFS

[URL=http://img37.imageshack.us/i/1263107788342.gif/][img]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7017/1263107788342.gif[/img][/URL] [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img37/1263107788342.gif/1/][img]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1263107788342.gif/1/w730.png[/img][/URL]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: