Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Was Avatar any good?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]i seen dances with wolves, cause im native and i have seen lots of movies with natives in it.
basically cause my people are hardly represented in popular media so when they are we take notice(i yet to meet a native who has not seen smoke signals).

headdress??

2 things wrong with that assumption.

1. im not a plains Indian I'm Ottawa (woodland Indian) generally they did not wear those types of headdress.

2. im not a $&#* Chief or Medicine Man so why would i wear one.

hopefully one day people wont be completely ignorant when it comes to my people.[/quote]

Why aren't you a Chief? No ambition? You need to be gunning for that headdress bro.

Also, how many bison have you hunted?
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote="Pyrodragon125"]What the $&#* does being a native american have to do with knowing Dances With Wolves?[/quote]
Apart from the fact that he's better prepared to identify where the Natives' portrayal in Dances With Wolves does, and does not, match up with real-life American natives?[/quote]

That's exactly my point. The comparison isn't between the portrayal of Natives in Dances With Wolves and real life. It's a comparison between the themes of Dances With Wolves and Avatar. It doesn't take any prior knowledge of native americans to be able to make the connections, let alone happen to be a descendant of them.

Also, I have seen lots of movies with Native Americans in them, too. Christ, it was part of my grade school education, and unless you're living on a reservation and being home-schooled or some shit like that, I can guarantee you've had quite a few history lessons on Native Americans with your classmates of varied ethnic backgrounds.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have the qualifications for Chief. Silk better get his ass in gear, or you might be taking his job.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be the chief, i would not want that job anyway............

[quote]Also, I have seen lots of movies with Native Americans in them, too. Christ, it was part of my grade school education, and unless you're living on a reservation and being home-schooled or some @^*% like that, I can guarantee you've had quite a few history lessons on Native Americans with your classmates of varied ethnic backgrounds.[/quote]

im not talking bout history class lessons, that's just a bunch of dates and BS.
Natives are not one monolithic people that history tries to lump us into.
pretty much why people Think that all native wore headdress's, lived in T-P's and hunted buffalo( THAT WAS THE PLAINS INDIANS), people need realize that we were not just one group of people but 500 different nations of people.

BTW in the school i went to there were only 6 non white kids in the whole school. not all school have diverse student bodies.

seems this is lost on SOME.

Last edited by SILK on Mon May 10, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]Be the chief, i would not want that job anyway............

[quote]Also, I have seen lots of movies with Native Americans in them, too. Christ, it was part of my grade school education, and unless you're living on a reservation and being home-schooled or some @^*% like that, I can guarantee you've had quite a few history lessons on Native Americans with your classmates of varied ethnic backgrounds.[/quote]

pretty much why people Think that all native wore headdress's, lived in T-P's and hunted buffalo( THAT WAS THE PLAINS INDIANS), people need realize that were were not just one group of people but 500 different nation of people.

BTW in the school i went to there were only 6 non white kids in the whole school. not all school have diverse student bodies.

seems this is lost on SOME.[/quote]

Boosh! SILK strikes again. x3
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]Be the chief, i would not want that job anyway............[/quote]

Shit sucks bud. Need to try tro soar with the eagel\
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]im not talking bout history class lessons, that's just a bunch of dates and BS.
pretty much why people Think that all native wore headdress's, lived in T-P's and hunted buffalo( THAT WAS THE PLAINS INDIANS), people need realize that we were not just one group of people but 500 different nations of people.

First off, sounds like you just have a shitty school system wherever you are. I grew up around people of all races and backgrounds, and you're the one pointing fingers at us "uncultured" people claiming to have the upper hand. No shit there were vast amounts of different nations of native americans, he's just fucking with you. Christ. You saying that white people are all the same is just as ignorant. There are just as many variations, if not more, of white people than there are of your race.

But besides all that bullshit, my point still stands that you being a native american has NOTHING to do with being able to connect Avatar to Dances With Wolves. I can say without a doubt now there are way more "white people" out there that know a shit-ton more about native americans than you do.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all; the only difference between us all are our genders, skin tones, peronalities, religions, and cultures. WE ARE ALL THE SAME DECAYING ORGANIC MATTER THAT IS GOING TO DIE SOME DAY. Get over it. (Yes I borrowed some of the quote from my avatar, big whoop wanna fight about it?)

Second, shame on YOU for insulting him about his opinion. Who made YOU surpreme ruler of the universe? I think his opinion on the movie being like "Dances with wolves" Is a breathe of fresh air from those saying it is like Pocahantes or Fernguly. It's not like Silk is going to change his mind just because you wish him to, he's going to keep his opinion and you cant do anything about it. Calling him a moron is just sad cause his opinion is different from your own. And getting racisim involved is just making mountains out of mole hills.

Now shut up and continue on with your miserable life. Getting worked up over things like this is going to give you an ulcer bra. Just go smoke some weed and chillax.

-rolls off into the shadows.-
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you blown Silk yet or what? I bet if he lived anywhere near you he would have at least gotten a blowjob by now.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad, my opinon differs from your's and you cant handle this fact. Have fun living in the real world that doesnt revolve around youuuu. Wink
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]

Where the hell did you go to school?

This was not my experience at all. Living in Arizona I've frequently been exposed to (more) accurate history, Native art and culture, Native students etc. One of my teachers even went out of his way to teach us about the horrors of early BIA schools. We don't gloss over the gritty shit.

DURR DURR YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
lolercoaster
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]How sad, my opinon differs from your's and you cant handle this fact. Have fun living in the real world that doesnt revolve around youuuu. Wink[/quote]same 2 u lol
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it before Strata does; that goes for YOU not me.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I think his opinion on the movie being like "Dances with wolves" Is a breathe of fresh air from those saying it is like Pocahantes or Fernguly. [/quote]

[img]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss204/ThirtySeven/1238881245736.png[/img]

[quote]Getting worked up over things like this is going to give you an ulcer bra. Just go smoke some weed and chillax.
[/quote]

[i]What is happening?[/i]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off Pyrodragon125 i know CiaphasCain is just talking sh!t.
i said this before if you think i actually get mad bout the Sh!t people say here
you really dont know me. it doesn't bother bother me at ALL.

second i never said anything bout calling you uncultured or any one else for that matter.
I never said any thing bout all "White People" being the same or ignorant.
(you brought that up, not me)

[quote] There are just as many variations, if not more, of white people than there are of your race. [/quote]what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Yeah i went to a shitty school but if your naive enough to think that most school are all racially mixed than you don't know this country at all. im not saying there are not racially mixed schools but there definitely one that are not racially mixed

I simply said some facts bout native Americans and you got offended and
tried to project your opinions on me.

[quote]Have you blown Silk yet or what? I bet if he lived anywhere near you he would have at least gotten a blowjob by now.
[/quote]......maybe i just to old for this forums cause that some 2nd grade Sh!t.

ThomYorke I'm glad you got to go to a good culturally mixed school, not everyone does.

finally when i said that avatar reminded me of dances with wolves i never said that other people could not make that distinction. it was just the first thing that came to me cause of my heritage and background.
i tried to make this clear in my post right after that but SOME people dont listen well.

Last edited by SILK on Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you need to flow with the spirit of the bison, and chill the fuck out.

I know I am. I'm at one with the land.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or at least flow with the spirit of the M. Bison, and psycho crusher some dudes shit
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ThomYorke"][quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I think his opinion on the movie being like "Dances with wolves" Is a breathe of fresh air from those saying it is like Pocahantes or Fernguly. [/quote]

[img]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss204/ThirtySeven/1238881245736.png[/img]
[/quote]

[quote="Brianhjh"]http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/5-second-movies/15506-ep144

Pocahontas + Dances with wolves + Ferngully = Avatar.[/quote]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/ShadowsChildKataki2006/Mine%20and%20Sarahs%20Own%20Characters/Ed%20and%20Al/th9998784.jpg[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: