Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
MacBook Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuinAndDonnelly
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: MacBook Pro Reply with quote

So I'm very excited because I've ordered a MacBook Pro! I'm a big Apple fan and I've already an iMac at home and an iPod Nano 5th gen. with video but I needed a new laptop for college.. (I've a DELL at the moment too but that's 3 years old and very slow and won't let me upload grrr)

I really wanted the Pro because I'm studying media and journalism in college and I'm starting up a youtube channel and working on podcasts and stuff like that! Go the Pro!

Whatcha think?
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly,

I think you're better off spending only $400 for a laptop and putting Linux or Windows 7 on it. Maybe Linux or Unix, if you want something similar to a Mac; since mac is just a really old Unix kernel all prettied up.

I'm not a Mac hater, I'd just rather not sever an arm to by a computer that looks good. Rolling Eyes

FYI, your connection to the web is what wont let you upload files. The age of your computer plays very little factor to that.
If you have old Dial-up, DSL, or perhaps you're too far from your wireless router( and have bad signal or quality) you'll have a slower time doing any uploads or downloads. Generally uploads are slower than downloads because the upload bandwidth is smaller than download bandwidth with most Internet Service Providers.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy not being able to run any P2P Arcade games.
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOL on the MacBook Pro...I'd kill for one of those!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: