Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How to tell how many pixels my picture has

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirostyle
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: How to tell how many pixels my picture has Reply with quote

Just found this site and wanted to use it to keep my comics on, but I was told I had to resize it so that it is less then 1500 pixels

I've clicked on properties, but I can't find it under there

The picture is a jpeg image made in mspaint
496KB

1294x 3257
London

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's those last two numbers. 3257 is quite a bit bigger than 1500.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On regular monitors, you really don't need your pics to be more than 1600 on ANY dimension, since that's the limit on most resolution on most monitors. Instead of reducing the size of your pics to a target number of pixels, it's probably better to reduce the whole thing by 2/3 percent on each side, therefore reducing the area to 1/9 of the original size. You get less distortion that way.

Also, middle-school level math.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: