Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
i've had this theory on our consciousness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: i've had this theory on our consciousness Reply with quote

this is my view of life. im not on firefox so my spelling's kinda bad sorry :/

when we are alive it just means we are conscious. when we sleep or are unconscious, time and space don't exist and it's like we're in a neutronium-vaccuum thing, because we can't percieve anything. but when we are conscious we can percieve the world we created in our mind that we can now see and feel and that's how we live. other people have created it too, and they are percieving it as well. and when we dream our sleep helps open some sort of portal and we create a new world that if you are aware of enough you can manipulate and create to your desired result.

so when we are awake we are percieving a world created by many and when we dream we are creating a world for others to live in.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It strikes me as very narcissistic to think that the world stops existing when you stop perceiving it.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucid dreams are a good example of what you are saying. -slinks off into shadows now-

Just wanted to toss in my 2 cents worth.
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perception is reality. The brain cannot tell the difference between what is actually happening and what it remembers.

big problem with your theory though is suggesting that everyone is simply creating their own reality with their perception, because you're assuming that other people actually exist which you cannot know if you are only perceiving them, or creating them with your perception of reality.

I cannot know anything outside of myself, I can only perceive it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: