Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Prince of Persia
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Prince of Persia Reply with quote

So what do you think? Will it be any good, or will Disney fail to capture the awsomeness that we knew well when we first played the game it came from?

IMO it looks promising, the guy even looks like the same fella from the game wayyyyy back when it first came out. However I dread disney will screw this movie to hell in back like holywood did with other games that inspired movies.

(IF it was inspired from a game, if not then oh well I aint game savvy kiss my arse)
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the guy does not look like the Prince from back when the series first started. He has very similar clothes to what the Prince wore in Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within, which was the second of the series, not The Sands of Time.

I'll end up seeing it with my Prince of Persia loving nerd friend. It'll be entertaining at least, but I doubt it'll ever be considered an "excellent" film. Disney does just fine.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pirates movies were good, so im not worried about Disney screwing it up.

But the guy they got to play the lead looks nothing like what I would have expected.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well let's hope the bad look alike casting is the only thing they screw up. Cause that was a wicked game franchise IMO.

(What baffles me is that they are making a game based on the movie...yeah that makes sense...pick up the original games ppls, cause the movie inspired one looks like a flop xP)
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it look like a flop? It's the same goddamn game, with new levels, just like the rest of the series.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh I just have a feeling. The graphics look alil low quality compared to the others I have seen, and its a movie based game. Sure it might have hidden levels etc. But can it truely stand up to the original games? I say if it aint broken; dont fix it.

But that's my opinion, Xplay might prove me wrong with it's run on the game. xP
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they didn tlry to fix it.

it sthe same fucking game.

goddamnit thery going back to the same formula after 20089 bombed

you are the dumbest person i know
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a good look over. Sorry but it screams GOW in some parts. Plus the graphics are alil stale. (For the game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_-NqZTCDgY

The movie however, sign me and mom up x3

I have yet to see a game trample GOW IMO. Say Bayonetta and I'll smack you.

X-play on Bayonetta: Dont let your girlfriend catch you playing this, boosh!
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoW gameplay is trash. Shit's the cancer killing action games.

DMC5 is gonna be GoWshit too, if the HS Devs really have been handed the project. Lords of Shadow looks God of War as fuck too. It's crappy, style over substance combat, that emphasizes the cinematic aspect of the game, instead of the game part. In the end, GoW combat looks cool, but gets stale and repetitive goddamn fast, like Dynasty Warriors.

GoW series is great from a cinematic standpoint, but gameplaywise, can't hold a candle to things like Bayonetta, DMC3, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, and Ninja Gaiden. Unfortunately, we live in an age where people use reviews as a defining rating to the quality of a product, and reviewers favor cinematics in games far more than underlying deep mechanics, which leads to terrible, unpolished games like Dante's Inferno receiving rave reviews just because OH WELL IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD AND IF I PRESS R1 IT GOES INTO A CINEMATIC SCENE. Even with your own post, you've already begun to look down on a game you've never played, based on two things that in the end, are inconsequential for the series. Combat has always been a segway point for PoP, with the focus being on platforming (Which looks exactly the same as TT), and graphics, which in the end, don't matter at all.

Also, Xplay has no credibility, and only a fool would cite them as a source, They thought Bullet Witch deserved a 3/5.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CiaphasCain"]
you are the dumbest person i know[/quote]

Truth will set you free.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunken wisdom is the best wisdom.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CiaphasCain OPINION is not FACT.

you seem to not understand this simple concept.

[quote]GoW gameplay is trash. @^*%'s the cancer killing action games.

DMC5 is gonna be GoWshit too, if the HS Devs really have been handed the project. Lords of Shadow looks God of War as $&#* too. It's crappy, style over substance combat, that emphasizes the cinematic aspect of the game, instead of the game part. In the end, GoW combat looks cool, but gets stale and repetitive goddamn fast, like Dynasty Warriors.

GoW series is great from a cinematic standpoint, but gameplaywise, can't hold a candle to things like Bayonetta, DMC3, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, and Ninja Gaiden. Unfortunately, we live in an age where people use reviews as a defining rating to the quality of a product, and reviewers favor cinematics in games far more than underlying deep mechanics, which leads to terrible, unpolished games like Dante's Inferno receiving rave reviews just because OH WELL IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD AND IF I PRESS R1 IT GOES INTO A CINEMATIC SCENE. Even with your own post, you've already begun to look down on a game you've never played, based on two things that in the end, are inconsequential for the series. Combat has always been a segway point for PoP, with the focus being on platforming (Which looks exactly the same as TT), and graphics, which in the end, don't matter at all.
[/quote]

I get it that you don't like the gameplay style of the GOW series.
that's your opinion.

the FACT is the the god of war series has universally received Rave reviews.
to say that GOW3 is not as good as God Hand is simply not true.
to compare GOW3 to dynasty warriors is just stupid.

whats wrong with X Play reviews. yes i think they can be a little to easy on their
reviews but that just the nature of there show. by in large their reviews are in line with the general consensus of reviews.

you seem to be think if its not a Japanese DMC clone or crappy Cliched J-Rpg it not good. japan invented style over substance gameplay.
that why the west is where most of New big hit games are being made now days. the reason that developers are copying the GOW
series is cause it works and people like it. Dante Inferno did not get rave reviews it got average to above average reviews which seem bout right to me.

only a fool would disagree.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No circle jerking brian, if your going to do that then shoo and go back to your bridge.

SILK has stomped the facts into you so deal with it Tyler, plus its SAD that you would throw a huge tantrum over Bayonetta not being as awsome as GOW3.

Go have a hissy in the video games section and shoo.

TIME REVERSE! -steals the time dagger, activates it and puts the thread back on topic-

Yeah i too am wanting to see this movie. The graphics alone look amazing.
Not to mention the plot has promise and let's just say it will probly be making alot of those unaware of the video games to go out and buy them. Hell I myself want to get ahold of one of the games. (For the story plot AND to beat it, cause my brother never got to and I want to get one up on him for that xP)
Which game should I get though? Has to be ps2 format and I know there's a few out there.
But anyways, there better be more action scenes than comedy relief, cause I aint spending 7 bucks to watch a kid friendly prince of persia. It would be like replacing Krato's violent methods with sunshine and hugs and giving him a squeaky mallet instead of his chaos blades. VIOLENCE!!!
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]the FACT is the the god of war series has universally received Rave reviews.
to say that GOW3 is not as good as God Hand is simply not true.[/quote]

You just argued for facts and immediately spouted off an opinion. He believes God Hand is incredibly better than that GoW bullshit for frat boy douchebags, and you and those "rave reviewers" believe it is. It's still an opinion, even if there happen to be statistics behind it.

[quote="SILK"]whats wrong with X Play reviews. yes i think they can be a little to easy on their
reviews but that just the nature of there show. by in large their reviews are in line with the general consensus of reviews.[/quote]

What's wrong with their reviews is they are clearly bought off for the majority of their reviews and hold no actual opinions of their own. They're just shitty actors controlling the gaming market as they see fit with you following them mindlessly. Like Cain said, most of you people go by reviews and popular OPINION instead of just trying the fucking game yourself.

[quote="SILK"]you seem to be think if its not a Japanese DMC clone or crappy Cliched J-Rpg it not good.[/quote]

Since when was Viewtiful Joe a Japanese DMC clone or a crappy cliched J-RPG? Have you ever even played VJ or Ninja Gaiden?

[quote="SILK"]japan invented style over substance gameplay.
that why the west is where most of New big hit games are being made now days. the reason that developers are copying the GOW
series is cause it works and people like it..[/quote]

First off, Japan invented at LEAST 90% of gaming as we know it. That is why the west is moving off their base ideas to form newer games, such as your precious GoW bullshit. The reason developers are copying GoW is because this is their only chance to milk it for all it's worth before the fad dies out and popular demand shifts to something else.

Secondly, God of War IS just a DMC knockoff. in the first place.

[quote="SILK"]only a fool would disagree.[/quote]

I disagree.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circle jerking is overrated, try something else or go cry in video games.

btw, the original director of DMC is the director of Bayonetta, so Bayonetta's the DMC rip off. DEAL WITH IT. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6njktLBBD0

Now let's go back to talking about ol princy and quit throwing a tantrum over who's better. Look god of war and bayonetta are both awsome. SO SHUT UP!

Jesus you guys act like your opinions are facts. Ego manics much?

Last edited by SweetxinsanityxSarah on Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're both DMC rip offs. I didn't say a thing about Bayonetta in this entire thread, did I? Though I did enjoy Bayonetta greatly. It had better gameplay than DMC offered, in my opinion. The story was perfectly easy to follow, too, if you paid any attention to it.

This doesn't change the fact that he's claiming God of War is better citing Bayonetta being a DMC rip off.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I was just showing tyler that link INCASE he tries to say Bayonetta isent a rip off. Look everything is inspired by something, same friggin crap with Bakugan being a rip off of Pokemon or Beyblade. And with big time rush and the jonas brothers, and Victories with ICarly. The world nowadays is repeating itself, deal with it.

But anywhos, which prince of persia should I buy? I want to get a good game, that's ps2 format. The one with the two thrones looks rather wicked. (I think that's the name...)
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just start from the beginning. Get the original, The Sands of Time, then Warrior Within, then the Two Thrones. It's a trilogy, so it would probably be best for you to just start at the beginning.

I liked the new prince of persia game they put out recently, but it has nothing to do with the original storyline. It's really just a rental kind of game, though. You can finish it pretty fast, and there's no real reason to go crazy over the accomplishments unless you REALLY like platformers (which I don't, particularly).
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I hope my brother has the first game. He complained about it being so hard he couldnt finish it. Then again he probly sold it to gamestop. Grah I gotta go all the way up to the gamestop in bloom, cause K-marts selection SUCKS with old game choices. xx

Ah well I love a good challange so why not? xP
And let's hope the movie has all the games storyline and characters. Then again the creator did say he mentioned how he wanted to put in scenes from the game so let's hope it will be just as awsome as the first POTC. (Not the sequals)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: