Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
painful art?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does drawing make you sore?
yeahs
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No I'm immune to pain
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hell yeah wish my hand would fall off
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
...eh? what?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: painful art? Reply with quote

Have you ever had a picture that you drew non stop until it was done, and then after ward feel like your arm was going to fall off?
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely do traditional art anymore except if I have to do it for my art classes.

Back when I used pencil crayons often, I would usually get sore hands, and occasionally a blister if I am using a nub of a pencil to color with, so yeah.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ed
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Benk: hellos ^_^ *waves*

Anyways back to the topic, if I am coloring with pencil crayons and my hands starts getting sore, I usually put like those pencil grippers on them so I won't get blisters. Another thing to do as well is to take breaks in between coloring. That way your hands won't get as worn out as if you sat down and drawn or colored non-stop. :]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to being a pencil and paper artist, realisms and really worked on pictures wear my ass out. My hand and head were killing me when I finished the drawing "Death" that's my top rated picture in my gallery. God that picture was exhausting. Realisms are just as cruel to me. My hand felt like rubber when I finished "Twilight Beauty"

And I got a massive migrane after I finished coloring "Sharp Dressed man" in MS paint. I was throwing up after I completed it and tossed it up onto FAC. I couldnt see straight either, but that's what happens when you stare intensely at a computer screen for 6-8 hrs or more. xx

But the picture that wore me out the most was the poster I did of Bakura. 2 full days. One of drawing it out, the next of coloring; yes COLORING it. My hands felt super numb after that sucker and I slept for quite awhile.

But hey, one has to suffer for the sake of art neh? Or however the hell that line goes. xP
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Due to being a [b]pencil and paper artist[/b], realisms and really worked on pictures wear my ass out. My hand and head were killing me when[b] I finished the drawing "Death" that's my top rated picture in my gallery.[/b] God that picture was exhausting. [b]Realisms[/b] are just as cruel to me. My hand felt like rubber when I finished [b]"Twilight Beauty"[/b]

And I got a massive migrane after I finished coloring [b]"Sharp Dressed man" in MS paint. I was throwing up after I completed it and tossed it up onto FAC. [/b] I couldnt see straight either, but that's what happens when you stare intensely at a computer screen for 6-8 hrs or more. xx

But the picture that wore me out the most was the poster I did of [b]Bakura[/b]. 2 full days. One of drawing it out, the next of coloring; yes COLORING it. My hands felt super numb after that sucker and I slept for quite awhile.

But hey, one has to suffer for the sake of art neh? Or however the hell that line goes. xP[/quote]

I made all the funny bits in bold for emphasis. You are welcome.

Also, you need your own ED page.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"][quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Due to being a [b]pencil and paper artist[/b], realisms and really worked on pictures wear my ass out. My hand and head were killing me when[b] I finished the drawing "Death" that's my top rated picture in my gallery.[/b] God that picture was exhausting. [b]Realisms[/b] are just as cruel to me. My hand felt like rubber when I finished [b]"Twilight Beauty"[/b]

And I got a massive migrane after I finished coloring [b]"Sharp Dressed man" in MS paint. I was throwing up after I completed it and tossed it up onto FAC. [/b] I couldnt see straight either, but that's what happens when you stare intensely at a computer screen for 6-8 hrs or more. xx

But the picture that wore me out the most was the poster I did of [b]Bakura[/b]. 2 full days. One of drawing it out, the next of coloring; yes COLORING it. My hands felt super numb after that sucker and I slept for quite awhile.

But hey, one has to suffer for the sake of art neh? Or however the hell that line goes. xP[/quote]

I made all the funny bits in bold for emphasis. You are welcome.

Also, you need your own ED page.[/quote]

thoroughly enjoyed in brian. Lulz indeed...
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]Hi Im brian. My parent's never loved me so I try to grab attention from the internet by mocking others with a happy dispostion and a better life than myself so I dont have to cry myself to sleep each night, wondering why the world hates me. Man I really need a girlfriend.[/quote]

Gee maybe you can

STAY ON TOPIC?

Seriously shut up and piss off.
Tinkster didnt make this thread just so you can
be giant assholes just to stroke your goddamn Egos.
Losers.

Last edited by SweetxinsanityxSarah on Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time you complain about threads getting hijacked from the consequences of your own inanity, the entropy of the closed universe increases, and the moon inches away from the earth.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]Please pay attention to meeeeeee. Me love you long time![/quote]

Stay on topic or go away.
Damn trolls.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, at this moment. the sunspots on the surface of the sun begin their 11-year cycle; The heat from the earth's formation diffuses slowly from the molten core into the atmosphere; A woman demonstrates her intelligence on the internet; Bismuth-209 radioactively decays at the half-life rate of over a billion times the age of the universe. Same as before, forever and ever after. [i]secula seculorum[/i]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAY ON TOPIC

Strata if you see this, please clean up Brian's nonstop babbling that makes Gary Busie seem like a genious.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"][quote="Brianhjh"]Please pay attention to meeeeeee. Me love you long time![/quote]

Stay on topic or go away.
Damn trolls.[/quote]

I liked the racism.
Doomlord1234
Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]Every time you complain about threads getting hijacked from the consequences of your own inanity, the entropy of the closed universe increases, and the moon inches away from the earth.[/quote]

Sir, I would have to tell you, that a Topic on such forums are supposed to stay on topic. Either Stay on it, or leave.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Doomlord1234"][quote="Brianhjh"]Every time you complain about threads getting hijacked from the consequences of your own inanity, the entropy of the closed universe increases, and the moon inches away from the earth.[/quote]

Sir, I would have to tell you, that a Topic on such forums are supposed to stay on topic. Either Stay on it, or leave.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no wiat AHAHAHAHAHAHAA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Doomlord1234"][quote="Brianhjh"]Every time you complain about threads getting hijacked from the consequences of your own inanity, the entropy of the closed universe increases, and the moon inches away from the earth.[/quote]

Sir, I would have to tell you, that a Topic on such forums are supposed to stay on topic. Either Stay on it, or leave.[/quote]
London

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the thread in which traditional only artists waaah about their physical suffering to make themselves feel better about their inability to master the art of the scan?

No? Oh.

I have a tendency to grip my tablet pen too low or something, which squishes my fourth and fifth fingers into the tablet. After a while these fingers will start to hurt. This hasn't happened recently, though, since I no longer have the patience to work on anything for an extended period of time.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that feeling, cept with a led pencil, hence why I buy the ones with the foam grip around them now. Much better and no blisters. xP
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have long (natural, not fake ones) fingernails and if I try drawing, my fingernails dig into my thumb while I'm gripping the tablet pen. *shrugs*
London

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah, you and I are talking about different fingers. Unless you hold your pencil between your pinkie and your ring, for some reason. Maybe you do.

Ed, nail clipper. Invest in one. Also, you have teeth.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: