Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What do your parents think about your art?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xiakeyra
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: What do your parents think about your art? Reply with quote

My parents think I have some talent but they also think that I shouldn't waste my time on making art and should spend it studying more instead.
What about yours?
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play rediculous amounts of competetive games with friends/online/ and torunaments, so if I spend all day drawing for once, they dont mind.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't show my parents anything I make or do because if they think I have hobbies they'll be so supportive that I won't want to do it anymore.
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents both think I have talent but my mom doesn't seem to really be interested in it though.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents used to push me into becoming a doctor, and they said the art field doesn't pay very well.

Now that I'm in the medical field, I'm really into it, and I'm determined to become a plastic surgeon. Ironically, my parents now want to enroll me into an art college. D;
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]plastic surgeon[/quote]

That's an art.

I guess.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents think I have great talent, and my brother is very supportive of my art, he's pushing me into drawing realism more though, but that's a pain in the ass, but hey not like im trying. xP

However I dont show my mom ALL of my work, she'd probly faint at some of it hehe. >> << >>
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were your parents I'd tell you to go into trades, assuming you have fingers, which from your art, I doubt.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well your not so piss off.
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom loves everything I draw because she likes me drawing her favorite characters from novels and soaps she watches. But my dad seems to think its a waste of time. Eh...he's a military man.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what self-respecting parents would be proud of their 18-year old progeny who draws stuff like this: http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-785901.html
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom's trying to get me to draw Brad Pitt from interview with the vamp. or Legends of the fall for her. That guy's tricky, especially his damn hair. X____x

PS Brian, SHE LOVED that pic, and she talked me into getting it on my last cake when I couldnt fit my other picture on it. So suck THAT hater. xD

Now run along or im alerting strata of your ass insulting my art. Wanna go down that road hater?
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]PS Brian, SHE loved that pic, and she talked me into getting it on my last cake when I couldnt fit my other picture on it. So suck THAT hater. xD[/quote]

I wish real world had abysmally low standards like your mom.
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"][quote]PS Brian, SHE loved that pic, and she talked me into getting it on my last cake when I couldnt fit my other picture on it. So suck THAT hater. xD[/quote]

I wish real world had abysmally low standards like your mom.[/quote]

Not cool, dude. If you have criticism, take it somewhere else. But to come right out and insult somebody, that's just mean!
London

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents encourage me to paint all the time. This is because the outside of our house is looking pretty weathered and could use a new coat of paint. It's been raining the last few days, though.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I painted once, turned out crappy, only thing I want to paint is sculptures I will be doing once I get my hands on some clay. Much praise to those who can paint though, I envy your skills. xP
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should apply to an art school, all of them, Us admission guys like to keep a stash of memorable submissions.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]If I were your parents I'd tell you to go into trades, assuming you have fingers, which from your art, I doubt.[/quote]

wow, why so harsh?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try and draw this fella for mom, she adores him considering he looks like her favorite country star Trace Adkins alittle in the face and hair. (Even has his ponytail.) Plus his hair would be much easier on me than Brad's in LOTF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcJLicALGM

-headbangs to theme-
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Much praise to those who can paint though, I envy your skills. xP[/quote]
I used to concentrate a lot on pencil and pen work, and I thought painting would turn out badly because it's such a different medium, but you can make wonderful work if you keep going. Wink I JUST painted with acrylics yesterday and after the 3rd try, I made a piece of a dark haired girl with splatters of paint everywhere and...and....I was very proud of it.

Don't envy the people skilled in painting! Just keep trying it, it's fun when you really get into it.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: