Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Last Airbender
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: The Last Airbender Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-egQ79OrYCs

I want to see this even though I wasn't a huge fan of the original series.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I posted this before.

[img]http://rokkuramu.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/avatar_the_last_airbender_r.jpg[/img]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of sitting on the fence with this one. I want to see it badly since I loved Avatar TLA. (Ending was PERFECT, a pure 'didnt see that coming!' way to finish off the firelord. xD figures mister "What a twist!" would decide to take the movie making chance up with an ending like that lol.)

I do hope he puts his 'sixth sense' awsomeness into this movie. That's when I would go out of my way to see it.
Crazywhitegirl13
Would like fries with that

Location: In the back of my mind, tunneling through writers block

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Tof will be in it? She's my favorite character besides Momo and Opa.
London

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie and PoP make me angry.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/jake-gyllenhaal-stole-my-identity-and-my-video-game/
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toph won't be in the movie, because she didn't come in until season 2.

When they make the season 2 movie, she'll be in it.
Bioluminescence
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could have done better on the acting choice. Personally I think they made a bad choice on the actor for Ang.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the actors look fine.

But then again, all I really care is that Iroh sounds wise, and he does.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="London"]This movie and PoP make me angry.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/jake-gyllenhaal-stole-my-identity-and-my-video-game/[/quote]

what was wrong with prince of persia?
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never seen the cartoon but the looks looks pretty sweet based on the trailer.
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree. I really want to see it as well. I never watched the series so I probably won't end up hating like some people do.
DANCEDANCEKITTY
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a movie its ok, but as a movie based on the avatar cartoon it blows
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Xx_True_Dachshund_xX"]Yeah I agree. I really want to see it as well. I never watched the series so I probably won't end up hating like some people do.[/quote]
D: You have NEVER watched Avatar the Last Airbender?!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have. Just the first few episodes when it first started showing on Nickelodeon and then I lost interest in it though.
SanguinePraetor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait to fap to toph
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:'D Once in ACT prep, my ACT sponsor, the other kids, and I had an Avatar debate about who was the cooler bender. It was kind of hilarious that we were actually really serious.

One of my friends liked earth benders because Toph was one. I mean serious, she is HARD-CORE.

But I still think air benders are the best. >__>
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that she is, she shows you dont have to see to be badass. x3 Toph for the win!

But blah I am torn between water and air benders.

Water cause of: BLOOD BENDING HELL YEAHZ!

Air because of : you can sneeze 13 feet into the air and dash at super high speeds along walls, and who can forget the air wheel that Aang uses in the beginning before kissing that statue? xD
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, if Avatar the Last Airbender could be a little [b]less kiddy[/b], they could have just taught waterbenders to blood bend and take the blood out of their enemies on eye contact. It would literally be a blood battle with the waterbenders on top.

Airbenders could suck the air out of the person's lung and cause respiratory failure.

Firebenders could trap an enemy in a giant fire orb and the enemy would die form lack of oxygen because of the combustion in the air.

Earthbenders- well. I'm surprised no one truly dies a terrible death whenever they bend.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]Now that I think about it, if Avatar the Last Airbender could be a little [b]less kiddy[/b], they could have just taught waterbenders to blood bend and take the blood out of their enemies on eye contact. It would literally be a blood battle with the waterbenders on top.

Airbenders could suck the air out of the person's lung and cause respiratory failure.

Firebenders could trap an enemy in a giant fire orb and the enemy would die form lack of oxygen because of the combustion in the air.

Earthbenders- well. I'm surprised no one truly dies a terrible death whenever they bend.[/quote]

You are just as morbid as myself x3 weeee~!

That or the waterbenders could pull a 'scar' on an enemy by grabbing their forehead's and making the blood shoot out of their brains, or implode on them from too much blood pushed into the skull.

And a wicked stunt a earthbender could do is what Gaara does somewhat in Naruto where he implodes a huge sand sphere on you, but it would be of earth instead of sand with earthbenders. Other then that yeah; they are power houses, especially toph the METAL bender, wewt!
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I finally got around to watching this. I have to admit I was rather impressed with it given how I felt about it before. I've always been a bit skeptical about M. Night Shyamalan and his works. He has that tenancy to do the surprise twist that when it works it works, when it doesn't it can ruin the careers of all involved. That said I did not run right out to see this despite enjoying the animated series.

My only complaint was General Iroh. The part was well written in my opinion and acceptably acted but Iroh was short, fat and balding in the animated series. Shaun Toub simply did not have the physique for that part I felt.
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: