Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
In case you were thinking about buying a 360, Playstation +
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: In case you were thinking about buying a 360, Playstation + Reply with quote

They finnaly did it. There is now a subscription option for the PSN. For $50 a year, like xbox gold membership, you get extra stuff, and features.

But, the premium PSN service completely blows the 360s prgram out of the water.

You see the 360's gold membership is required to even be able to be a part of certain betas, demos, or certain online services of games. Basically, if you dont have gold, you cant do much.

The PSN's subscription is completely optional and extra. Those that wish to continue to have a completely free online experiance can still do so. Although, when signed up for Playstation + you are given access to 1000s of extras. Example: wipeout Hd is $20 for normal users. + users? its free!

Not to mention free Ps1 classics, and downloadable full game trials. Premium avatars, themes...and more

So anyway to recap. You could go with the 360. Decent games, run of the mill service, required payment to even be able to access the marketplace..only to have to pay for pretty much everything once connected.

The PSN? Free to play, free to connect, free video chat, free messaging, free demos. Free betas. And then with the added + status, you can get full games, map packs, etc for free or in some cases reduced prices.

The only catch is, as long as your maintain + status. you can continue to use the games you downloaded from the network.(what im told anyway)

So what do you think?
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this a long time ago and I knew PS3 would prevail from the start. Cool

I love this.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this a long time ago and I knew PS3 would prevail from the start. Cool

I love this.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I heard about it months ago. But it was still a rumor, and I actually didnt want it to happen or even think it would. But now I see what they meant by really adding value to the online experiance.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all those games you got for free go away when Plus runs out.
Xbox will still do better in the online, because more people are using it.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people using it doesn't make it better.

The PSN was already better and it started out free. This is just extra. And at the same price on a better system. Its a no brainer.

Besides...Im not 100% sure you lose your stuff you pay for when your + status runs out.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love my Wipeout HD online, Xbox live has always had better support for online, much faster too. It's because the community is bigger and people have a reason to pay for it, to where PS you dont need to.
There system is also a bit screwed up.

They go away or they are "locked" until you pay for it again, I forgot.
DemonFayt666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always like my PS3s online features more than my 360s. And it's rumored the price of LIVE is gonna go up soon, too. Throwing that out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until ps3 gets better games, im sticking with xbox.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DemonFayt666"]I'll always like my PS3s online features more than my 360s. And it's rumored the price of LIVE is gonna go up soon, too. Throwing that out there.[/quote]
Wouldnt matter, paying for a year sub on XBL is cheap as hell, it's a good deal.
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SonicnTails"]And all those games you got for free go away when Plus runs out.
Xbox will still do better in the online, because more people are using it.[/quote]

Yeah, I've liked xbox more than the Ps3. Their games don't really interest me and not many people are online. Did you know they were going to bring some xbox games to the ps3? I think the only great thing about the ps3 is the fact it has a blue ray disc player.

[b]xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."[/b]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only game i played online for the PS3 was WarHawk and Boinic Comando.

but i have since got board and stopped playing them online.
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm most happy with my PSP, thanks. Unless, I win some money in a puzzle magazine's contest that is. Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld. Better than the DS.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blueandsilverstars"]I'm most happy with my PSP, thanks. Unless, I win some money in a puzzle magazine's contest that is. Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld. Better than the DS.[/quote]
Sadly, no. The PSP ends up busting anyways, it's shit. I loved mine, but once that happened, I remembered how much fucks Sony is. Even the sells of the PSP suck.
And besides Nintendo's new system the 3DS will beat even more sht out of it.

I'll stick with Nintendo or M$, just wish the old Sega was here...
Xx_True_Dachshund_xX
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blueandsilverstars"][b]Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld[/b]. Better than the DS.[/quote]

what
blackcatcurse
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PSP does have better graphics than DS.

But the issue for me is that the only game I want for the PSP is Birth By Sleep. And they're probably going to Re: it like all the other KH games for the PlayStation. Other than that, PSP is mostly shooting, racing, and sports games.

I like my games with the cutesy chibi people~ So DS all the way.
[url=http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/newaccount.do?invNickname=4c596976577061217c2a50323f452249f9ee5d6f76286b0d48fef26af4fa55c4&visit=friend][img]http://img.tinierme.com/common/img/banner/banner_friendInvite02.gif[/img][/url]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blueandsilverstars"]I'm most happy with my PSP, thanks. Unless, I win some money in a puzzle magazine's contest that is. Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld. Better than the DS.[/quote]

problem is there is no good games for it.

i have a DS and a PSP, i actually play my DS every one in a while.
my PSP been sitting in a drawer for like a year gathering dust, i think the last game on it
i enjoyed was Dissindia(or how ever its spelled).
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"][quote="blueandsilverstars"]I'm most happy with my PSP, thanks. Unless, I win some money in a puzzle magazine's contest that is. Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld. Better than the DS.[/quote]

my PSP been sitting in a drawer for like a year gathering dust, i think the last game on it
i enjoyed was Dissindia(or how ever its spelled).[/quote]

Good games? Ya. World Snooker Challenge 2005; Tekkens Dark Ressurection and 6, Everybody's Golf, Dante's Inferno... I consider those to be good games, but as I've gone off beat 'em ups, I must admit my choices are... limited a little. I got Everyboday's Golf and Assassin's Creed: Blood Lines today, through a trade in. EG is rather fun to play.

And it's Dissidia... I think. Or is it Disgaea?
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blueandsilverstars"][quote="SILK"][quote="blueandsilverstars"]I'm most happy with my PSP, thanks. Unless, I win some money in a puzzle magazine's contest that is. Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld. Better than the DS.[/quote]

Good games? Ya. World Snooker Challenge 2005; Tekkens Dark Ressurection and 6, Everybody's Golf, Dante's Inferno... I consider those to be good games, but as I've gone off beat 'em ups, I must admit my choices are... limited a little. I got Everyboday's Golf and Assassin's Creed: Blood Lines today, through a trade in. EG is rather fun to play.

And it's Dissidia... I think. Or is it Disgaea?[/quote]

nah i was talking bout dissidia,

they released disgaea for the PSP?
that might be a reason to bust out my psp again cause i loved that game on ps2.

i have tekken dark resurrection, hot shots , daxter, and a bunch of other games, i just have not seen any games i wanted to get for it for like the last year or so.
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"][quote="blueandsilverstars"][quote="SILK"][quote="blueandsilverstars"]I'm most happy with my PSP, thanks. Unless, I win some money in a puzzle magazine's contest that is. Seriously, the PSP is a good handheld. Better than the DS.[/quote]

And it's Dissidia... I think. Or is it Disgaea?[/quote]

nah i was talking bout dissidia,

they released disgaea for the PSP?
that might be a reason to bust out my psp again cause i loved that game on ps2.

i have tekken dark resurrection, hot shots , daxter, and a bunch of other games, i just have not seen any games i wanted to get for it for like the last year or so.[/quote]

I have: Dante's Inferno, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Everybody's Golf and World Snooker Challenge 2005, as well as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. But. I don't use the internet on it. Sorry, going off topic here...

Yeah, there's Disgaea 2 out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: