Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Life after death, past lives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Life after death, past lives Reply with quote

Do you believe in the afterlife, or past lives. I do for one.
Ghost- I don't really believe in ghost, why? I don't think we as former humans are left behind on earth if not accepted into an etneral life into Heaven or Hell. Instead I have a strong opinion of energy and memories. I feel that our memories that are left when we die turn into either postive or negative energy. That's why people may say there's a ghost in my house or my house is haunted.
Or are we pulled into oblivion, is there no afterlife for us? I don't have a strong opinion for this but, I wonder when we die do we go nowhere? Do we just disappear with memories left behind?
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that whatever you think will happen to you will happen. =] And do I believe in past lives? Yes, I do.

Ghosts? I would be lying if I said I didn't considering I live in a house that's haunted. I do believe people will remain stuck here if they can't bring themselves to move on. Normally those are the people who commit suicide or are murdered or who fought in a war. The ghost here is mild but there's a lot of unexplained activity that happens every now and then. Well, I shouldn't say it's unexplained since it's a ghost... But you get what I mean. xD The energy and memories view is really interesting and it's the first time I've heard of it. =]

- She has blue eyes and believes in a little something called fate. <3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very interesting subject to me. There are many things like ghosts, and all that. But to me I think there are just too many possibilities and we'll never know.

What if our particles live on and move to other things when we die causing newely bloomed creatures or plants or something? The brain and body do degrate slowly over years, but do our germs and molecules and all of that?

Its all very questionable. It made me wonder even more when I came to my current school and met a guy who has been declared dead 4 times already. And all he said was "It was dark. That's all.".
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting. o.o I like to believe that humans play a bigger role in the world. That whatever we believe is what will happen to us. Reincarnation does make a lot of sense when you think about it. And it's definitely believable (for me) that there are souls that can't move on. Who didn't get a chance to die at peace.

The idea of being nutrients for soil unnerves me a bit... Just because of the concept thats all.

- She has blue eyes and believes in a little something called fate. <3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this really shows how we're all part of the universe, and all connected. When we die our bodies rot and the worms eat us. When the worms die, I guess they take part of us with them too, which brings nutrients to the soil, and to plants. Hopefully that made sense, I feel like I might have been confusing.
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to my comment about my friend, it made me think about beliefs and everything really. Perhaps we don't go to heaven, but what I said, and you just said are correct. That when we die, our beliefs literally, POOF. Since we're dead, OUR beliefs no longer exist since we no longer do apart from our bodies.

We can believe anything we want while we're living, but only until your dead will you believe them. So are any beliefs true? Well, that's my point going along with what I said before, I think that when we die, they disappear when the brain stops working because we're only thinking they're true.

Dead ==/== Beliefs == Living

And yeah, you explained it quite well from what I explained originally.

EDIT: After looking more on the religious side to be fair, I found this.

Psalms 146:4 wrote:

His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish.

Ecclesiates 9:5,10, 5 wrote:

For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten

EDIT 2: A person I asked online said this, which brought up a good point I'm not sure I can counter right now.

Quote:

First of all, not everyone who has been near death will experience anything. But have you given any thought that perhaps your friend saw where he would be if he did die, total darkness, separated from God, who is the light? Don't bet your eternity on this. God is real and Hell is real.

Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really gets you to thinking. It would make sense that once we leave earth so do our thoughts. There's so many things we'll never know until we actually get there.
God is real- I believe in him, I assume the person who answered that question believes everyone goes somewhere in the afterlife.
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has now brought me to think that perhaps what we do when we die is all dependant on what we believe in our brains, so yet again I'm still trying to stick to a logical answer.

There's tons of people who say they saw angels and stuff, then there's countless other things. Could it not be that basically what I originally was on the path of thinking, was correct? That everything is dependant on our beliefs until we die, and even if we die, as long as the brain is living, it still is dependant on that. I've got nothing else to really say now.
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many beliefs and religions, some believe in going to heaven, hell, reincarnation. Maybe we do go to where we believe.
There are so many things in this world that we dont know, I guess we as humans will never known the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: