Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
I love/hate celebrities on tv all the time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: I love/hate celebrities on tv all the time Reply with quote

People will always find me complaining about celebrities when their stories come on the tv and junk like that. But Id rather hear about their drama then hear about to econmic downfall, and oil in the gulf because it takes my mind away from all the bad things happening.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that distracting myself from my bad life and the the all around terrible things happening in the world by concentrating on other people's dramatic lives makes me a dirtbag.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I hate almost everything that's popular. Like for instance, Lady Gaga. She isn't as bad as people make her sound, but people shouldn't obsess over the lady so damn much.

I like some celebrities as much as the next guy, but I don't think I'll every become a mindless slave like people always are towards people like Justin Bieber for instance. People see other people better then them and instantly think they're the best ever when the obvious truth is that there's always someone better then them that isn't popular. No one's actually the best at something, they're always just better then others.

It just makes me sick seeing people obsess over people. I'm one to respect people for awesome talents, but popularity isn't a talent.
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think obsession mostly comes when your young. I remember when I was about 12 years old and I became obsessed with a vocalist from a band Gerard Way. (Hence my username)
Children/Tweens I guess are mostly bottled up in their own worlds, this is coming from my experience since I didn't have much as a kid except for a few cds in a ghetto apartment.
But I wasn't really talking about obsession, more like how entertainment can sometimes distract people from all the bad things that happen.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Beiber, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, the cast from Twilight: All need to be shipped to a desert island where they have to be forced to resort to cannibelism on one another. :3

That's how I feel like doing to them when they continue to shove these people down my throat on tv.
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I know how ya feel. But some people enjoy their entertainment while others would rather hear something interesting. Since we don't have that option I'll stick with entertainment than all the horrible things in the world. It would be nice though if people were more interested in science and discoveries, that'd be something to talk about!
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only time I watch the starlets and divas is when Joel Mchale roasts them on the soup <333

Other then that I would prefer what you said, cause you learn something from them rather then just gossip. Just today I watched a thing on newly discovered dinosaurs, and some theories about velicorapters having feathers along with a giant prehistoric armadillo. Then I watched Death Masks and lastly the real face of Jesus. I got chills at the ending of the last show, that guy did an amazing job from just examining the shroud of Turin. o3o
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I would so much rather that then inside edition or access hollywood. Id be happy to see those types of shows on the local channels, I don't have a lot of channels.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get direct tv hun, you are missing out. Wink
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually used to have that before I moved, can't afford tv and rent, but I can't go back to direct tv anyway... I think my fam owes them $200 lol
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Gibson is my hero.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: