Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Handling Anxiety.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Handling Anxiety. Reply with quote

I have a anxiety disorder and most of the time the medication I get from the doctor doesn't help... At all.

Late at night i always get this fear of dying and my mind keeps telling me I'm not breathing right. I don't wake up SC (even though she keeps telling me that I could wake her up and that she doesn't care) because I feel bad for waking her because she has a job. And I don't want to be a nuisance.

Any suggestions on how I can try and distract myself? Keep in mind that staying still during an attack freaks me out even more.

- She has blue eyes and believes in a little something called fate. <3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to jump around and wear out my body when I get too anxious. I basically exercise. Your body releases endorphins, and it truly helps to calm you or distract you from the problems.

Whenever you feel negative thoughts, go do those jumping jjaaaccckss.

Burn more calories! Lose weight 3 times as fast as normal women. It is revolutionizing. Only $9.99.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have anxiety too. I have medication but I only take it when I have panic attacks. Exercise really helps, that is definitely something you should consider doing. You should also get a good nights rest, always. Try to sleep early that way you can get 7 -8 hours of sleep. Maybe you can try to get organized and make a daily planner so you aren't panicking about getting things done and wondering if you remembered to do something.

During a panic attack try and drink water and try to breath regularly. Walk, do some movement. If you just stay still your whole body will go numb and you'll more than likely pass out. I though sitting down and just trying to calm myself would be the best but I actually found that if I do something to get my mind off it I turn out better.

If you don't think your medication is working tell your doctor. I'm sure they have many different types of medication for anxiety.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
blackcatcurse
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really help. I'm not the kind of person that gets anxious at anything that I can't fix myself.

I would say lucky's would make sense. Exercise is a good way to relieve stress. And staying organized helps too. Maybe keeping a journal may help, as it helps relieve stress too, not to mention that if you forgot anything that day, you won't forget it if you check your journal.
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed.

Not even $&#* kidding.

Like half of the people I know who have serious anxiety issues smoke daily, and are totally functional.

The other half are a $&#* mess.
Grammar nazi
(and proud of it)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drugs will not solve the underlying problems. They just cover it up.
SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cass, I'll try to do that... And as for the drugs... I swore to myself that I would never touch the stuff. D: Unless they are prescription of course... I've seen drugs mess up a lot of lives so I'm good in that department. I'd rather not cause more unnecessary problems in my life.

- She has blue eyes and believes in a little something called fate. <3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Life Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: