Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Vampires.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Vampires. Reply with quote

I'm aware everyone has their own opinions on what is a vampire! So tell me, what legends contradict your belief? Do you think a vampire is a vampire if it fries at sunlight? Can a stake REALLY kill a vampire?

Tell me. How do you, yourself, define a vampire?

- She has blue eyes and believes in a little something called fate. <3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say the vamps from "Vampire Knight" and "Blood Plus" are close to the versions I believe in when it comes to the sun hurting their eyes, but not making them burn up.

I also believe in a few other myths. They can change form, yes. But NOT into mist, that's just silleh and makes em too godish. However after reverting back I believe in the theory of them lacking clothes. I mean come on that's reasonable right? It's just way too silly for them to have their clothes back on their body after morphing into something as huge as a friggin demon or giant wolf etc. That is unless they have a good reason, as in specially designed magic clothes.

(Kinda like how Vegeta later explained to Krillen and Gohan how his outfit was designed to expand with him when he morphed into a huge gorilla monster.)

I also believe that they can see themselves in mirrors, otherwise they wouldnt be such sharp dressers. The jury is out on the theory of them being hurt by silver though, kinda seems funky to me so I'm on the fence with this one.

Plus it seems reasonable of them to be able to read minds and have sharp senses with the ears, eyes, and the nose. Plus the ablity to 'flash step' as I call it also seems acceptable to me. And for the heavy hitting older vamps, the good old ablity to use telekinesis powers like from my favorite vampire based game: Legacy of Kain; defiance.

However when it comes to holy weapons, I think that only truely evil jerkwad vampires could get harmed by crosses and blessed weapons. Cause I just think it wouldnt be right for a good vampire to be harmed by these items.

And I believe in the theory Anne Rice gave of the 'sharing of blood' for a person to truely become a vamp as the best way for a vampire to be born. Cause just a simple bite seems way too lycan-ish in my opinion.

Now on KILLING a vampire, a stake seems silly in my opinion. I think the theory with this is: If it's jammed into the heart and LEFT there, yes that would kill them. But if the stake is removed, they are revived thanks to the rabid healing ablity they all have.
But I think the surefire way to truely kill off a bloodsucker would have to be to rip the heart from a vampire and destroy it with either something holy (If it's evil) or burn it to cinders, then scatter the ashes. Or burn the vampire itself and scatter the ashes. Cause with Anne Rice's vamps, if you burn a vampire but dont scatter the ashes, the vampire will come back to life the next night.
SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I view vampires...

1. They are gorgeous. Not like the Buffy version.. Hell no.

2. I also believe that the sunlight will hurt their eyes rather than set fire to the vampire.

3. The blood exchange: I agree that they can turn one this way, but its only for the person they want to spend eternity with(Everlasting love). I believe Rogue vampires turn random people.

4. Silver... I only believe that silver is to kill a werewolf. Vampires... i believe they can only really die if you burn them to the stake.

5. As for their fangs... I believe that when they are about to bite into a victim, then thats when their fangs will appear.

6. I don't like the idea of them shapeshifting. Then that would make them a shape-shifter and not a vampire.

7. They aren't as sex-crazed as some would thing. Though they do have their lusting moments.

Can't think of anything else... It's so early in the morning. xD Will add more.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree with the beauty thing too, only ugly vamps that are somewhat vamperic I read are called Remnants, kinda like servants to the vampire.

I agree with the fang theory too, super uber long sharp fangs are just plain silly and over abusing the scare factor to where it's laughable. They are vampires, not saber tooth tigers. xD

And from what I read in a few books, vampires get pleasure from the bite, and it's even better during..ahem. You know. xP
This is due to them having their senses kicked up tenfold no doubt.

But yes I agree, vampires arent as body hungry as some people make them out to be. They would much rather sink their teeth into you than molester ya. But that doesnt go without saying they wouldnt use their charm and beauty to seduce you into a false sense of security.

Also in one book I read; I like the theory that the heartbeat of a vampire is soo low and soft you cant hear it, making you THINK it's not beating but really it is. And another theory about the body tempature thing....eh kinda on the fence with it. I do like Anne Rice's theory of vamps having sharp elegant but not super long nails hard as hard as diamond that shimmer like a glass surface, very cool.
SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo. Yes. I do love Anne Rice! And I do like her version of vampires. =3 Having the whole diamond nail thing would be a pain if one chooses to fall in love with a mortal. ^^

I believe they do have one mate and one mate alone. Not several whores that they like to sleep with. They do the blood exchange with their mate, or who they want to spend eternity with, and the shared blood is what binds them.

SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I believe in this theory too, which is why I like the version of Dracula from Symphony of the night. He didnt have tons of mistresses or 'brides' unlike some of the movie renderings of him. He had only one mortal lover, cant remember her name but she was the mother of Alucard. Sadly she was burned at the stake being called a witch and that's when ol Drac snapped I think.

But dont get me wrong, there are a few good Dracula movie renderings; and book renderings too. Let's not forget about ol Mina ppls.

I also believe in the 'marking' theory that good ol SC thought up. She did think that up right? Where a vamp marks it's mate, to prevent others from claiming their companion, not to mention the blood of the mate will taste bitter to other vampires and sicken them.

However, all bonds can be severed, but there are of course drawbacks. SC I think thought this up too. As in if a vampire breaks the bond with it's mate by means of adultry, or marking yet another; that the punishment is death by any horrible means necesscary.

I also like the theory from both Blood Rayne and Castlevania Symphony of the Night when it comes to halfbreeds or Dhamphirs. As in a half human vampire is not as badly wounded against things that would normally cripple a fullblooded vampire. Considering they are part human after all and more tolerant towards the things.
SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the first one, she didn't come up with it. She does, however believe it. The marking theory is pretty common among certain people. A few friends of mine believed in as well.

As for the second, that sounds familiar, but she never brought it up to me. o.o It is, however, an interesting theory. =3

OH! I also believe in the whole 'permission to enter' thing. But only if the vampires intentions are evil.

SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the myth mentioned in The lost boys! <333

Yeah I kinda believe in that, but yet dont at the same time. I sit on the fence with it. @_@

Cause if a vamp wanted to, like a vampire as powerful as Kain or Curse of Darkness Dracula, they would blast open the door and abduct you without a second thought if they were in a hurry and didnt want to drag their feet.

I also think the levitation thing is a tad odd. Which is why I dont make my vamps in my fics levitate, no they depend on speed and power with my versions. Or if they are lucky enough they can have wings if they are one of the most powerful purebloods out there that are mentioned in Legacy of Kain Defiance. These of course being the very first vampires; the Tenshi no yoru. Aka 'angels of the night.'

Well that's not the true name, but the real name of the first vampires was never mentioned in the Legacy of Kain series. So me and LDD opted for calling them that. Pretty much they are vampires with great power and angelic wings of black, thus the title. Plus they make regular purebloods look like jokes when it comes to means of power. And they can also hide their wings if they choose to do so.

Now it was never really explained how the tenshi no yoru came to be in the world in Legacy of kain; the elder god was never clear on this nor was Mobeius. I like the theory I came up with for my fic. We all know that Lucifer wasent alone when he fell from the heavens when Michael defeated him, they say he had followers that fell with him, some hiding withen the oceans, others withen the winds, and the rest hiding withen the earth itself. So of course it would make sense for the fallen warriors who were once angels themselves; to be become demonic beasts, damned to walk the earth for all eternity and their once white wings now turned black as sat cloth whereas they thirst for the blood of the living to sustain them. Not to mention they wield at least one element of the world with great power. Either fire, or wind, or water etc. Think of the avatar's benders for this.
I thought this up due to the fact I noticed when fighting Janos Audron, a Tenshi no yoru and last of his breed in the game that Raziel is forced to battle, used alot of wind based attacks on Raziel, hinting he could have been a wind elemental. And then there's the theory from before with the fallen into the different elements of the world to hide from Michael of course. Cause it would make sense for them to be skilled at harnessing the element they used as a cloak to hide from the heavens.
RazzberryRock
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my views on Vampires:

- They have no reflection.

- Garlic and Leeks are a Vampire repellant; if they sniff or taste one, they will become violently ill.

- Vampires do not posess superhuman strengths/abilities, those are only for the high-ranking ones (Lestat, Countess Bathory or Lord Dracula).

- Most vampires don't sleep in Coffins (once again, only the high-ranking ones do).

- Female Vamps CAN concieve, but only if they are weakened down to human state.

- If a Vampire was Christian/Religious before they became turned, they can touch religious objects.

- Only some Vampires can walk in the sun.

- Biting does not simply turn one into a Vampire. Blood has to be ingested (both vampire and bitee must taste the blood) before victim is turned. The first person a Vampire ever bites will be "tethered" to the Vampire and must be it's slave/companion for all eternity.

Ok, end of Razzberry's Vamp 101.
:3
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/Mother-War/Nirvana/nirvanaicon.jpg[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/PunkRockRomance13/thnirvana.gif[/img][img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/melanybeth/icons/punk.gif[/img]
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vampires:

-Can't go into sunlight until they are strong enough, even then they are weak. (none of this sparkly shiet)

- need blood, obviously.

- all got their own personalities; bad/good/introverted/extroverted. They aren't all emo faggo/ts.

- A stake through the heart can kil them

- A cross can't do anything

- Cutting of their head will work

- strong, faster than the human eye can see, but can also carry different "powers" that are individualized. (I hope that maakes sense I couldn't think of how to put it . . . . )

- Needs to be bitten & drink the blood of the vamp that attacked to become a vampire or they just die.

- Vampires can have nookie lol, but no babies.

- Even if the vamp is burned to dust, they can come back as long as the ashes have not been dispersed into the air.

[b]xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."[/b]
RazzberryRock
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Vampires have blood?? In the Asylum's Vampire Trilogy films ([i]Way Of The Vampire[/i], [i]Dracula's Curse[/i] and [i]Wolvesbayne[/i]), they have green blood.

Which makes me wonder.
If a human has red blood, a Vamp has green blood....Will a Vamp-Human Hybrid have like, striped blood? O_o

That'd be awesome!!
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/Mother-War/Nirvana/nirvanaicon.jpg[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/PunkRockRomance13/thnirvana.gif[/img][img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/melanybeth/icons/punk.gif[/img]
Dire_Bear
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie Nielson in "Dracula: Dead and Loving it" was my favorite.

-Undead, therefore no intercourse or conception
-Mindless Blood-drinkers
-[u][i][b]FEARED not loved[/b][/i][/u]
-killed by stakes/holy symbols/etc
-repelled by pungent spices such as garlic
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all actuality...

Vampires exist. But not in the way they're portrayed in a movie or a book or anything.

Vampires are: A person who has an aura that leeches energy off those around him. I.E. a person who feeds off of negative or positive energy either, aimed in that persons direction, in the environment, or by stealing it from others.

To explain the aura thing you'd have to understand buddhist monks... neway... that's neither here nor there. Buddhism isn't the only one that believes in using or having energy auras.

I met one once. At the time i was learning how to shield my aura, and he was good to practice on, whether he did it intentionally or not, i do not know. However, when he walked into a room everyone felt so exhausted. Every time. As i learned how to build up my shield on my aura i eventually blocked him out and now i keep all your negative feelings on you and have all my positive emotions bouncing around me like a hurricane inside my little bubble. Very Happy

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since your topic was actually about [b]movie[/b] vampires i'll give my definition here:

Vampires have telepathy and pheremones that seduce the opposite sex to be willing, (a sort of mind control) allowing a vampire to keep a steady supply of food without having to hunt..

Vampires have a shadow movement form that gives the thought that they can become a bat, can't become a bat but they can move through the night like one.

Vampires have extrodinary reflexes, eyesight, and hearing.

Vampires are undead and what blood they have is what they have sucked recently... the rest of their blood has coagulated.

Vampires must feed, can have sex, can't reproduce
Silver, wood, and dismemberment will kill them.
Crosses don't mean sh*t i don't care how holy you think you are.

And did i miss anything?

SmilePrettyVanity
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Emrys"]

And did i miss anything?[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, what's your belief when it comes to turning?

Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitten person has to drink some of the vampires blood, it just don't happen automatically. It has to be something that is willing on both parties

now i roleplay it different than that to go with the norm, bitten human, turns unless their throat is ripped completely out

luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Oblivion/Morrowind logic! Porphyric Hemophilia:

1. Slowly lose HP as they walk through the sunlight

2. Jump around roofs and break into houses to suck blood(gain HP & continue vampire stages) of characters

3. Produce vampire dust upon their death

4. Resists diseases/paralysis

5. Weakness to fire

6. Seduction/Charm

7. If people realize you are vampire/you have not fed for several days and look like a monster: they will attack and shun you

YEAH. It all makes sense. Oblivion/Morrowind is always right!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Dire_Bear
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah! You get uglier if you don't feed! Totally forgot that.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and don't fast travel if it might end up daylight cuz you'll load dead Very Happy

Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What my vampires are like;

-a steak in the heart will kill them, But that would kill anyliving thing, so it doesn't mean a thing.

-garlic does not hurt them

-the sun only hurts them if they are albino vampires, other wise no.

-The have bright coloured eyes other than blue that change to red when their hungry.

-they have a silvery tone to their skin

-They look like a regular person and act like a regular person, since they are generally just a spawn from them.

-not dead and can have children

-some have fangs but they all have strong teeth.

-prefer to stay in dark places because nobody will find them.

-unusual bad tempers when they are mad.

-they did not descend from dracula.

-Do NOT turn humans into vampires when they bite them

-they drink blood to survive and sometimes live off other nurishments in some methods

-holyness does not hurt them

-they are very lustful.

...I'm just going by the novel I'm writing with vampires in it.
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: