Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Verizon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Verizon Reply with quote

So i'm probably switching from At&t to Verizon this weekend. I've been with At&t since before it was that but rather was Cingular and never once had a complaint or issue. Until this past year. Started getting all these extra charges for data on my phone even though i wasn't using it. I get free wifi and don't like surfing the web on my phone really. I'm quite partial to looking at a computer screen vs websites on a tiny cellphone screen. The charges were like an extra 30-50 a month then went hire. And the customer service people i was talking to seemed far less educated and really retarded quite frankly than anyone i had spoken to in the past. So after awhile i paid an extra $15 a month for a data plan and then i finally started looking at my e-mail and facebook and cnn once in awhile on my phone while on break at work or whatever. somehow i still got all the extras fees a month and decided i wanted to switch.

My worry is how pricey verizon is without all the extra fees. It's going to cost me at least 80 a month and that's if i don't get some stupid charges i have to go get sorted out.

Going this weekend to get the Droid 2. i'm getting it for $199 after the $100 dollar rebate plus all free accessories.

kind of waiting to get screwed somehow but i don't want to stay with at&t anymore. besides my phone is acting up and i'm not able to get an upgrade yet so fuck it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have verizon in our area and quite frankly the only problem i've EVER had out of verizon is losing signal in the bottoms of west TN...

but then again you can't get AT&T signal at my house so, i personally have not much of a choice.

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
RazzberryRock
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D:
I'm scared to go to the local AT&T phone store for personal reasons....O_o

AT&T's a bitch. We got a UVerse package and it's all screwy, so Sunday my Mum called the guys there and threatened 'em and yelled "Bull****" repeatedly. It was fun.
Nevertheless we will probably be switching to Cox soon.
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/Mother-War/Nirvana/nirvanaicon.jpg[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/PunkRockRomance13/thnirvana.gif[/img][img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/melanybeth/icons/punk.gif[/img]
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT&T has yet to start screwing me over. I'm expecting it tho. As soon as it does, I'm switching to tmobile. My brother has tmobile so I already know how it works. Plus I have a tmobile store right next to my house, so.
Hawk4444
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

verizon is a company i never hear complaints from in my area. There just pricey like sprint, which is the service i have.

the driod phones we have are all glitchy though and that really pisses me off sometimes. But that's smart phones for yah. But i still love the lil bugger with all its neat-o gadgitry and internet browsing capabilities. It started me on twitter and i facebook all the time now.

wait...is that a problem? O.o
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon is getting the iPad now. You don't have to have the 3G service through at&t anymore. If i want i can have one specially ordered for me and reserved. All because the guy at the verizon store wants to take me out for dinner. lol. nah i just want my Droid 2 and iPad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Verizon is getting an iPhone version too. Which really sucks for AT&T and their hollier than thou attitude. If Verizon makes an unlimited data plan for their iPhone, AT&T will lose a lot of customers that are still pissed at when they pulled their unlimited data off their plans.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]Yeah, Verizon is getting an iPhone version too. Which really sucks for AT&T and their hollier than thou attitude. If Verizon makes an unlimited data plan for their iPhone, AT&T will lose a lot of customers that are still pissed at when they pulled their unlimited data off their plans.[/quote]

yeah tell me about it. i was so pissed when they did that. my mom and step dad both had theres for quite some time and so they never lost there's because they were fathered in or whatever they were calling it. but i got screwed. in general these phone companies are just trying to find another way to bank on us. they already make so much theres no need for any of them to do that to any customers.

honestly though even when verizon gets the iPhone i'm not gonna care so much. i don't want just a plan touch screen phone. not just yet anyhow. so i'll stick with the droid 2 but i really need to get that already. driving me nuts but can't do it without all the money lined up first and i have to shell out 300 up front, will get 100 dollar rebate in roughly 10 business in the mail. lucky enough they're gonna give me free acces but i still have to pay a cancellation fee to At&t for my current account with it going to be 100-110 for me. ugh.
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get the iphone 4 really bad but the damn thing costs so much. And I'm not getting any upgrade deals from AT&T. It's always about money :/ Why can't I just get free crap with my good looks? Sad
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]I want to get the iphone 4 really bad but the damn thing costs so much. And I'm not getting any upgrade deals from AT&T. It's always about money :/ Why can't I just get free crap with my good looks? Sad[/quote]

i think the same the same thing at least twice a day.

"why wasn't i born rich instead of so good looking."
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the droid 2 about a week and half ago. So far so good. no complaints...so far lol. we'll wait and see what my bill looks like eh? lol
Dewroo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]AT&T has yet to start screwing me over. I'm expecting it tho. As soon as it does, I'm switching to tmobile. My brother has tmobile so I already know how it works. Plus I have a tmobile store right next to my house, so.[/quote]

I just want to say how funny i find it that At&t has bought t-mobile. haha
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in this conversation too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: