Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Awe what the heck....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Awe what the heck.... Reply with quote

They friggen Emo'd Superman

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/superman-gets-a-hipster-makeover/488
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't look emo! lol. Maybe if he had some eye liner and painted his nails black....which I hope I never see on superman...

He just looks mad.

[b]xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."[/b]
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look again silver, he has eyeliner!

Akidaz: My world. NO YOU CAN'T COME!
Emrys: but?
Akidaz: Okay, you can, but NO ONE ELSE!
unfocused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They bastardized Superman to conform to these teenage twats and their unfounded angst. I'd be pissed but luckily it's only a graphic novel and won't have any importance in canon.
Dire_Bear
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that yesterday; I'm not a huge fan of these kinds of characters, but hell, someone needs to fucking stop this. They ruined him; he was classic.
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman is like seventy-two or seventy-three years old now. He is a cultural icon, one of the few true cultural icons, he got that way exactly the way he was originally drawn. I don't care what any one says, this little makeover is just wrong, has American culture been over run with lilly livered wrist hackers. What's next, replace Lois Lane with Louis Lena and a seventy year stint of homosexuality.
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first wonder woman (who i read every month), now superman(never really cared for supes anyways). yeah i don't really like all the retooling they have been doing lately. i hate wonder woman's new costume and miss the old one.

two of DC's trinity have gotten makeovers,
sorry batman looks like your next once you get over the whole "Dead" thing.
unfocused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Emrys"]look again silver, he has eyeliner![/quote]That's just how some artists ink eyes. Still gay tho.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess they found another way to destroy Superman besides using cryptonite. D=

Sorry but I cant see him emo; always pictured him the way he first came out...making him like that is just....wrong. Quick hide Batman and the other untouched heros while we still can~!
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SILK"]first wonder woman (who i read every month), now superman(never really cared for supes anyways). yeah i don't really like all the retooling they have been doing lately. i hate wonder woman's new costume and miss the old one.

sorry batman looks like your next once you get over the whole "Dead" thing.[/quote]

If you remember correctly Batman was the first one to get a drastic makeover, The difference is they did it the only way that could be called right. What they did when they gave Batman the look more associated modern teens was, it wasn't Batman as we knew him. The Batman we all knew was still there almost unchanged, Still the same character as he all ways was fundamentally, just old. The new look for Batman was actually a new Batman. Batman Beyond was of no real relevance in the canon but, I liked that, the makeover was done with tact. It saddens me a little that that one slipped through the cracks, but what can you do.

Last edited by Battou on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Dire_Bear
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, culture is pretty fucking lily-livered nowadays. Makes me sick.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Battou"][quote="SILK"]first wonder woman (who i read every month), now superman(never really cared for supes anyways). yeah i don't really like all the retooling they have been doing lately. i hate wonder woman's new costume and miss the old one.

sorry batman looks like your next once you get over the whole "Dead" thing.[/quote]

If you remember correctly Batman was the first one to get a drastic makeover, The difference is they did it the only way that could be called right. What they did when they gave Batman the look more associated modern teens was, it wasn't Batman as we knew him. The Batman we all knew was still there almost unchanged, Still the same character as he all ways was fundamentally, just old. The new look for Batman was actually a new Batman. Batman Beyond was of no real relevance in the canon but, I liked that, the makeover was done with tact. It saddens me a little that that one slipped through the cracks, but what can you do.[/quote]

I was about to mention that one! That was one of my favorite shows when I was little, the new batman was hott I admit. x3
Plus the movie for it when Joker returned, epic. I do agree that was done just right with the makeover. I wish they would show that series more. Dx
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Battou"][quote="SILK"]first wonder woman (who i read every month), now superman(never really cared for supes anyways). yeah i don't really like all the retooling they have been doing lately. i hate wonder woman's new costume and miss the old one.

If you remember correctly Batman was the first one to get a drastic makeover, The difference is they did it the only way that could be called right. What they did when they gave Batman the look more associated modern teens was, it wasn't Batman as we knew him. The Batman we all knew was still there almost unchanged, Still the same character as he all ways was fundamentally, just old. The new look for Batman was actually a new Batman. Batman Beyond was of no real relevance in the canon but, I liked that, the makeover was done with tact. It saddens me a little that that one slipped through the cracks, but what can you do.[/quote]

well sorta but i never considered batman beyond a redesign since he was a different character, but azrael who was batman for a while, heavily modified his batsuit too. but i not sure if batman(Bruce Wayne) has ever had a really drastic redesign cause he by his very nature has always incorporated new ideas and tech in his suit so his suite stays looking rather up to date.
unfocused

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Batman Beyond and Azrael were different Batmans, that coexisted alongside the original Batman in his storylines. But they were still used as devices in the same way this new superfag is.

The Beyond character is essentially the same as this new angsty Superman character, as Sarah pointed out for us, he was still used to attract silly girls with his hipster appearance and attitude. Azreal was more of an upgrade, but for the same Batman fans, not a device to gain a new fan demographic.

The only makeover I can think of on the real Batman was the Dark Knight. Changing Batman from an average, masked vigilante detective to a more gritty, dark, and fierce character. Which actually worked and has stuck in the comics for ages.

This new Superfag would have never worked as the original Superman. The original is such an iconic character because of what he has always stood for. [i]Always[/i]. His purity and morality, his capability of always doing the right thing reflects the good in most people, much in the same way as Batman reflects the dark in us.

Superfag seems like he's going to be just eye candy for the pathetic. But I haven't read the book yet so I dunno.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked spiderman and iron man anyway...

spiderman for witty one-liners and do-gooder morality

iron man for his ego and his attitude... and all the hot chicks and money

guess that's a reflection of my personality huh?

unfocused

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said anything about personality?

Ironman blows, btw.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D:< IRON MAN IS THE COOLEST SUPERHERO[b] EVER. [/b]

Well, not ever, but he's up there.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually what attracted me to the Beyond series was the darker more edgy villians and the new gear and outfit. Terry (I think that's his name) being good looking was just a bonus. Trust me I dont go for just looks in characters; cause if that's just what they are all about than im not interested. (Like Twilight's Cullen, blank slate pretty blood sucker; yawn!)

Plus the Harlequin sisters were pretty badass along with the hynea and Scarecrow villians.

But yeah, touching Superman was a no no. Making him emo was a huge no no. Sorry but im always going to see him as the big buff bamf in the blue suit with the red cape and shooting lasors from his eyes along with all the other insane stuff he could do. Seeing him be like someone like Edward Cullen just makes my skin crawl. I dread who they will go after next in the huge overhaul department.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super man red and blue suit anyone?

[img]http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt53/sosilk/250px-Supesredblue.jpg[/img]

the 90s.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ luckylace; OMG!! YES!!!

@ james: don't hate.

@ silk: um no

@ general population: next thing you know, Iron Man will have a emo getup and depression issues to the point of /wrists
Or maybe they'll go after the Hulk and give him black trenchcoat and chains so that when he busts out of it he's wearing something that looks as if it could be bought at hot topic. Plus dark eyeliner, black nails and a /wrist personality. Oh and then they'll make Rogue and Wonderwoman to appeal to the gay community... and probably make Nick Fury black... ((dayam, too late)) Oh and Captain America will become Capitan Americano and be of latino decent.

((Disclaimer, If i offend anyone with racial profiling it is not intended. Superheros were classics and should be left as they were or as close as possible to the original. Samuel L. Jackson is one of my favorite actors but I think him being Nick Fury is akin to going back and recasting Star Wars with Hayden Christensen as the old Darth Vader... Next thing you know, they'll recast the voice actor as someone other than James Earl Jones))

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: