Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Worst video game you've played?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Worst video game you've played? Reply with quote

What is, to you in your opinion, the worst video game you've played?

To me, it'd probably be Lunar Dragon Song. The controls are a clusterf**k from start to finish, characters are barely interesting, and the story is just a fanfiction brought to life.

But anyhow, what's the worst video game(s) you've played in your opinion?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I got a few I dislike, top of the list would have to be Barbie Race and Ride back when i tried to embrace my feminine girly side. Sucked ASS!
You hardly even race in the game, you just ride around solving puzzels and playing a huge rip off of tetris.

Another would have to be Digimon rumble arena, it just lacked depth in my opinion and felt cheesy.

Also, though not as bad as the others; Shaman King power of spirit. The camara is horrid with angling and most of the villians hardly get any intro attack scenes. And Zeke though he pops up in the game a few times, you DONT fight him! You can play as him or fight him in the versus mode however. This felt like a huge fanfiction with the way it was represented. But I did like the chess board stratagy fighting etc. Plus did I mention the fighting arenas suck?
DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game I remember playing that I loathed was Mortal Kombat Armageddon. It felt more like a fanfiction to me. Let's see here, we have a gary-stu as the main character in the Konquest mode, we have a useless mini game that rips off Mario Kart but adds blood and gore, the graphics look like bionicles on crack, the create a fatalities are piss poor, the Kreate a Fighter is as useless as a bag of hammers, and I go on and on...

Besides, MK Armageddon should have been renamed Mortal Kombat Clusterf**kgeddon.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god I have that game. xD

I'll admit the wardrobe selection in that game is slightly better than SC3's. However it needed more UMPH with the character creation. And it lacked that as you stated.

I was going to sell it, but I would have only gotten 80 cents for it. X_x

However I think the fatalities were pretty bitchin...but it needed to be more violent in my opinion, looked like the blood was popcorn in some fatels.

The arenas, I'll give em a big thumbs up on that. Those were bitchin places.
DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Oh god I have that game. xD

I'll admit the wardrobe selection in that game is slightly better than SC3's. However it needed more UMPH with the character creation. And it lacked that as you stated.

I was going to sell it, but I would have only gotten 80 cents for it. X_x

However I think the fatalities were pretty bitchin...but it needed to be more violent in my opinion, looked like the blood was popcorn in some fatels.

The arenas, I'll give em a big thumbs up on that. Those were bitchin places.[/quote]

LOL True dat.

I absolutely loathed Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Seriously, the controls are clonky, the characters are barely interesting now, the konquest mode is just doing combos and whatnot (seriously, you could select practice mode and LEARN their combos.). Not only that, but the graphics look okay IMO. The music isn't that catchy, but it's not as ear bleeding sounding as any of the YuGiOh games.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah most of the yugioh games needed better music. Only one that had alright music was Yuigoh duelist of the roses. Plus the graphics were rad. Sure capsule monster colisuem had gorgeous backdrops and intense battle situations...but it would have been WAY better had you fought the old fashioned way. They had rather amazing graphics too, but as I said before, it needed more of an ummph factor in the fighting. Though I DO like the feature they kept from DOTR where you can skip the battle scenes. =3

Now I hardly hate this game AT ALL. But I will say it's faults: FMA2 curse of the crimson elixer. Too much talking, not as much fighting. (Unless you like to run about collecting stuff that is.) Music in some parts needs to be radder, like the one song that sounds like Castlevania-ish, very nice. They should have made all the music like that in the game, or at least borrowed from the anime which had some good music in itself. Alphonse needs to kick more ass. I grow tired of tapping R1 all the time to make him dish out pain, ESPECIALLY against Scar. (27 minutes it took to kill that guy Dx)
Al should have used alchemy too and not acted like a bodyguard all the time. He does use it people watch the show! Like one attack that would be awsome is a tag team stone fist attack, yewt! Plus the weapons should have been upgraded that Ed fights with, not just the projectile weapons like the bombs and steel balls etc.
And the biggest thing; MORE CHAPTERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED! I mean really, I want a super ass long game, like Disgea or something xP this game should have had at least 10 or 13 chapters, that would have pleased me. I beat this game after two days! Other than that, the graphics were amazing, not choppy or half baked like in some anime games. (Cept the uzamaki chronicals, THAT was amazing graphics!) The alchemy transmutations were wicked, i never get tired of sending exploding mice after my opponents, or a cow that represents the manga artist. They kept to the plot nicely and added it's own touch to steer it into the main focus of the game. Making you feel as if you are playing a filler of the show. The cutscenes were AMAZING! See previous comment for why I say this.

And to add to the disappointing games, I heard the newest Castlevania from both my bf and brother that it doesnt have that old castlevania touch. Both of them said it felt like they were playing a spin off of God of war or Dante's inferno etc. And not to mention the old vampire killer whip got a weird overhaul. To me it looks kinda cheesy, the whip that is. YOU DONT TOUCH THE VAMPIRE KILLER! Dx
Making it into a giant cross...that's just cliche man.
DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Yeah most of the yugioh games needed better music. Only one that had alright music was Yuigoh duelist of the roses. Plus the graphics were rad. Sure capsule monster colisuem had gorgeous backdrops and intense battle situations...but it would have been WAY better had you fought the old fashioned way. They had rather amazing graphics too, but as I said before, it needed more of an ummph factor in the fighting. Though I DO like the feature they kept from DOTR where you can skip the battle scenes. =3

Now I hardly hate this game AT ALL. But I will say it's faults: FMA2 curse of the crimson elixer. Too much talking, not as much fighting. (Unless you like to run about collecting stuff that is.) Music in some parts needs to be radder, like the one song that sounds like Castlevania-ish, very nice. They should have made all the music like that in the game, or at least borrowed from the anime which had some good music in itself. Alphonse needs to kick more ass. I grow tired of tapping R1 all the time to make him dish out pain, ESPECIALLY against Scar. (27 minutes it took to kill that guy Dx)
Al should have used alchemy too and not acted like a bodyguard all the time. He does use it people watch the show! Like one attack that would be awsome is a tag team stone fist attack, yewt! Plus the weapons should have been upgraded that Ed fights with, not just the projectile weapons like the bombs and steel balls etc.
And the biggest thing; MORE CHAPTERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED! I mean really, I want a super ass long game, like Disgea or something xP this game should have had at least 10 or 13 chapters, that would have pleased me. I beat this game after two days! Other than that, the graphics were amazing, not choppy or half baked like in some anime games. (Cept the uzamaki chronicals, THAT was amazing graphics!) The alchemy transmutations were wicked, i never get tired of sending exploding mice after my opponents, or a cow that represents the manga artist. They kept to the plot nicely and added it's own touch to steer it into the main focus of the game. Making you feel as if you are playing a filler of the show. The cutscenes were AMAZING! See previous comment for why I say this.

And to add to the disappointing games, I heard the newest Castlevania from both my bf and brother that it doesnt have that old castlevania touch. Both of them said it felt like they were playing a spin off of God of war or Dante's inferno etc. And not to mention the old vampire killer whip got a weird overhaul. To me it looks kinda cheesy, the whip that is. YOU DONT TOUCH THE VAMPIRE KILLER! Dx
Making it into a giant cross...that's just cliche man.[/quote]

FUGGING THIS.

Any of the YuGiOh with the exception of YGO Duelist of The Roses (Nightmare Troubador was OK) were bad enough for me.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Yugioh Duelists of the roses and Capsule monster coliseum were the only games I played out of the yugioh franchise xP

Probly cause they were the only ones you could tolerate.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Yugioh Duelists of the roses and Capsule monster coliseum were the only games I played out of the yugioh franchise xP

SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]To be honest, Yugioh Duelists of the roses and Capsule monster coliseum were the only games I played out of the yugioh franchise xP

Probly cause they were the only ones you could tolerate.[/quote]

So true.

Another game I hated playing was probably MK Unchained. All they did was add a bunch of old characters to the game, add endurance, copy paste the plot of MK Deception in the game, have it on PSP only and ta-da! Not only that, the graphics look awful for a PSP game. The characters look like action figurines and not actual, oh...I don't know; HUMANS?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah only ever played Armageddon so I wouldnt know.

Another thing I am displeased with in FMA2 is the damn grading system. Come on how do you expect me to beat Scar soo quickly when he outranks me in strength, speed, and defense?! Plus they drop your levels right back down to one when you replay the game. At least give me a damn B or C for taking such a whipping from him or drop his levels so it's a fair fight!

I do like however getting the accu-strike sunglasses from him. =3

Oh AND MAKE ARMSTRONG DROP A FEW LEVELS TOO DAMMIT! Yeesh I have yet to beat that muscled menace. x.x

Oh and in Twisted Metal Head on: I am displeased with the lost files having no endings expect for that damn letter. And I want to unlock more cars at least after beating medium mode. Dx
And I dont like the fact the fighting ground and lettering in the game gets wonky when you use either Mr. Grim, or the ATV when you are in Transylvania or tokyo streets.
Other than that, this game is bitching!
DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. Any other games you hate? *above post*
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep forgetting to add this one but Savage Skies. Horrible, just horrible. It feels like the half assed finished project of a gaming designer freshman it sucks that badly. It's graphics on the mounts blow, especially when you are riding the pegasus in one mission and you land and the legs on the beast dont move, you just skid along. And some of the mounts are...what the frack? A winged hyena? Props for thinking outside the box but big fat F for not picking up with everything else folks. And the intro on the game fails just as badly. Worst game I EVAH rented, Dragon Seeds kicks its ass up and down the country block and it's a ps1 game yet.
DeadlyIchi
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I keep forgetting to add this one but Savage Skies. Horrible, just horrible. It feels like the half assed finished project of a gaming designer freshman it sucks that badly. It's graphics on the mounts blow, especially when you are riding the pegasus in one mission and you land and the legs on the beast dont move, you just skid along. And some of the mounts are...what the frack? A winged hyena? Props for thinking outside the box but big fat F for not picking up with everything else folks. And the intro on the game fails just as badly. Worst game I EVAH rented, Dragon Seeds kicks its ass up and down the country block and it's a ps1 game yet.[/quote]

Holy...if it's that bad...damn. That's a sucky game.

I need to add another game I hated: Smackdown vs Raw 2007. The fact THQ NEVER fixed the glitches in this game, long a$$ loading screen times, horrible storylines, and the fact they HAD to change the CAW (Create a Wrestler) is just enough to frustrate anyone.

Only thing saving this game was the music and graphics.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the gameplay for Savage Skies. Dont be fooled, it sucks ass. You'd have to be a super nerd to do the moves in those clips and at the cost of wrecking the R3 and L3 buttons on your paddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1wCUTAxcs
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego Batman. I just didn't like it. It was for the PSP.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QWOP maybe?..
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

force unleashed 2.
i'm tired of people saying it was a ok game just cause it was star wars.
the game sucked.

( i played and beat the first one and i still admitted it was not that good of a game, i went through it JUST cause it was star wars and the only thing that made it bearable was the story and music which isn't saying that much but hey im a star wars fan.)

the 2nd game was such a big disappointment to me. they were supposed to have fixed the combat in the second one. the thing is it did not seem any better to me, you could just do more things but i found it BORING. ( seriously the fist time you use the force to rip the shield off a big droid and smash with it was pretty cool....but after seeing it for the fiftieth time with the same animation it was just BORING.)

boss fights were just as boring,one fight you have to fight a medium sized gunship and throw its missiles back at it. the fight takes to long and feels really unnecessary to me considering in the last game he could pull a star destroyer out of orbit and crash it into a planet yet in this game he has to spend time throwing missiles back at a small gunship. if he can crush a tie fighter with no effort, a gunship should not be that much more of a challenge. the fight with the big creature at the end of the level to me was just frustrating and did not feel epic in anyway.(play god of war 3 if you want to see how epic battles should be.)

then there was the story or should i say lack of one. the story is he go's to rescue his mentor then his girl friend get kidnapped then he screams alot, he then tracks her down to vader and beats vader the end.(yoda appears for a likes 30 seconds and boba fetts in there for like 35 seconds. yet they serve no purpose other than to be fan service.) the first games story was not great by any means but at least it had a story arc and some semblance of character development. for unleashed 2 it just shows him screaming alot with absolutely no growth or development.

so yeah just to be cautious i just rented it for one day and that was they best decision i could have made cause i beat in like 4 hours (Yes the games is only bout 4-5 hours long) cause if i would have paid 60 dollars for a four hour game i would have been really mad.

so yeah thats my rant about a sh!tty game that i am tired of people giving better reviews just cause its star wars.

Last edited by SILK on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heartidly agree with you, SILK. And I'd only just cleared the first level and it just feels repertetive and DULL beyond compare. I'll give it one good thing: the graphics look a little better than the original game. I'm gonna trade it in, soon. I don't like it. There are better games for the Wii out there than that, right? I think official nintendo magazine gave it 60% anyways, so... And I'm a big SW fan to boot, too.

Off topic: I want them at SW word to do a SW movie set in the old republic era. That would be super cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: