Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Question in need of answering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Question in need of answering. Reply with quote

Um yeah, I clicked on this sn at the bottom of the online forum area but it told me the sn was either banned or their name was deleted of their own wishes. But how can that be if they are online on the forum? I checked out their name in the mainsite and nothing is up with it. Just some random profile. Plus it shows they are online and probly talking with someone.

Please explain how this person is online when the forum says otherwise. O_o

I checked the other online names on the forum and they are alright so it's something to do with that name I think.

(I can give the sn if an admin is curious btw.)
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer is: Pay no attention to that error message.

Long answer: Some time ago denis modded the forums to display this error message if the user's forum account is marked as inactive (which can be due to a ban, deleted account, or needing to validate email). It is not a stock phpBB error message, and it's actually a hindrance as the error message shows up [i]even to admin[/i].
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well i guess it would have to be 'validate email' in this case since the person is rather new still, having joined up this year to be exact.

Good to know that was the case hopefully. Thanks for the info Strata, locky topic timez! xP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: