Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Games that SHOULD be made into movies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Games that SHOULD be made into movies Reply with quote

It was done with Super Mario Brothers (Fail of a movie btw) And Mortal Kombat, Dante's inferno, FF7, Resident Evil, Dead Space, and Prince of Persia. However we need to toss some more suggestions out there to keep crap movies like
Neversaynever out of the theaters. X___e

Here are a few of my suggestions, Assasin's Creed is a MUST. Same with God of War. Metriod series has some promise too, if you put the right director in charge. Spyro would be pretty good for the kids, as with Ratchet and Clank.

Now for a REAL vampire saga, lets bring ol Legacy of Kain up to the plate. These games, the best IMO being the first one, along with Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, and Legacy of Kain Defiance, are pretty much like playable story books themselves at heart. The dialogue is amazingly well written, soo much so it would make Stephenie meyer hide in shame by hearing just a mere paragraph from either Kain or Raziel's inner monologue. Plus the plot twists are a nice touch, and the stories are both tragic and well done.

Yes I would have to say if this series was made into a movie saga OR book that I wouldnt mind waiting in the freezing cold for tickets or the release of the novels. xP
But if it was a movie, I would much rather prefer it to be animation like Dead space Aftermath and Dante's Inferno. Cause Live action just ruins everything, I mean look what happened to Super Mario brothers.

And dont get me started on wanting the Castlevania Series movie-ized xD
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but only do number one, 'cause I didn't think number 2 had much of a plot in it.
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with AC & legacy of kain 100%

Also, Ocarina of time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ThaKakarot"]I agree with AC & legacy of kain 100%

Also, Ocarina of time.[/quote]

Ocarina of Time. Yep. Any Zelda game should be a movie, though. But would they mess it up, like others that have gone before. Did that Prince of Persia movie go well?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes FINALLY someone to step forward and know what im talking about with Legacy of Kain! There's soo little of the fans that you know of but every person that I have run into when it comes to this series....not one of them have complained about it. Wink

And assasins creed, I have not PLAYED this series, but I know it has promise. And THATS when you can tell a game is epic, by just looking at it. ;3

To Blueandsilverstars...I have seen the prince of persia movie for myself; however i have not played any of the games sadly. Though however, i knew of the dagger and of abit of the game character's story. But from my point of view, the movie was great. They did a good job with it. Maybe not james cameron Avater epic but good to where you got into the story. So yes I like this movie they did of the game series.
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm funny

I have not played prince of persia either and I too quite enjoyed the movie.
Have to admit I was hesitant about gyllenhaal, but he delivered imo.

This in contrast to all the hate the movie gets by a lot of the "fans".

on another note, the 3 foot distance blood sucking of Kain would be really funny/awesome to see on the big screen =P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is going sorta old school but i think a old snes game called flashback would be a cool sci fi movie nowadays.

...or pac man.

Edit: quick thought on the prince of persia movie,
while it kept close to the first game i would have like if they kept the characterization of the prince from the first game.

in the game he starts out as a spoiled self centered person who gets the dagger cause he was mostly looking for glory. after he is tricked into releasing the sands he begins his journey to set things right and ultimately learn to be a better person by helping (and falling in love) with princess farah.

while i like the movie i think the prince would have been more interesting character if they use the characterization from the game.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ThaKakarot"]
on another note, the 3 foot distance blood sucking of Kain would be really funny/awesome to see on the big screen =P[/quote]

Ha yes! Sure it would look strange yet badass, but at least he wouldnt sparkle like a certian arrogant big headed pretty boy bloodsucker we all know and hate. Well true vampire fans hate that is. x3

And that's a very good point about POP@Silk; it would have gotten more interesting if they gave him a tiny bit more character. I guess that's why all the die hard POP fans got annoyed. But at least they didnt mess this movie up as badly as the abomination that was the mario brothers movie, and the DBZ movie, both live action. -sigh- there is just some shows and games you CANT make into live action unless the right directors are in charge, people should learn this by now. xP

When it comes to the hopefull creation of the Blood Omen and Legacy of Kain saga, raise of hands; who thinks it should either be made into an animation style movie like Dead Space aftermath, OR the animation style of FF7 Advent Children?

And if Assasins Creed is made into a movie, Live action or Advent children style?
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None.
Video game movies get ruined and become shit.
blueandsilverstars
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SonicnTails"]None.
Video game movies get ruined and become @^*%.[/quote]

But one day someone might do a good video game movie.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blueandsilverstars"]

But one day someone might do a good video game movie.[/quote]

Yes thank you for seeing my statement "Unless there is a good director in charge." xP

We cant lose hope entirely now people so dont be quick to judge. One example of a good director is someone that's from the original team that made the game series ITSELF. Like the writer or the character designer etc. =P
Or if the person was a die hard fan of the series. Cause going in blind to make the movie after seeing a tiny bit of the game will screw it up right away.
SonicnTails
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, well, I for one gave up all hope.
You should read about the Uncharted movie, then you can cry of how bad it'll be. :[
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncharted in itself FEELS like a movie. O_o
Making a movie might just mess it up for the fans. But for those who havent heard of it might think of it as a rip off of LOST. Sorry but that's a game not to touch when it comes to movie potentiol. It's unique game wise, but it might blend in with the movie stories nowadays.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with Sara on this one, at this point i dont think most game even need to be even made into movies.

when i was younger there were so many game that i wished were made into movies. when the tech of games was much more simple (graphics wise) the idea of seeing your favorite game turn into movies was exciting because you would imagine what new things the film format could bring to the table.

now days i dont think cinema brings much to the table graphics or story wise.

to me the best examples of this would be god of war,
after the first two i was excited about the idea of a GOW movie then i played number 3 and now i dont really see what a movie of it would bring to the table.
GOW3 was one of the most epic and intense experiences i have had in any media(films, games, books, ect).
now im not sure any movie would be able to do anything close to the level of GOW3 without costing as much as avatar and we know they would never throw that much money at a videogame movie.

now i'm not saying that i dont want videogame movies, its just for most modern games i really just dont see the point when game can pretty much do anything a movies can do now days.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that IS true. Assasin's creed feels like a movie as well. As did Bloodrayne and the movie business butchered Bloodrayne unfortunetly. T_T

However, a game saga as I said before that DOES need to be made into a movie, if the right people were put it charge (Say a few people from crystal dynamics etc) would have to be the LOK saga. Why? Well alot of hack and slash fans whined too much about this saga cause they said it felt 'Too preachy and talky' and less 'slashy hacky'. However the more mature fans that didnt seek out just a simple brawler gorefest loved the saga for it's great detail from the checkpoints, all the way down to the reason behind the save points plus the amazing dialogue from the characters. Plus it had one hell of a vast dictionary of words that made even my brother's head spin. And alot of the simple minded players got super confused when it came to the time traveling (Especially in soul reaver 2 and Defiance.) But I for one cant get enough of the LOK saga. It feels like a story and needs to be redeemed in the movie genre. However lets pray they dont butcher this series like our past beloved games Mario, and Bloodrayne along with mortal Kombat. xP
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if it had a good director a legacy of cain movie series of could be awesome.

also i would love to see a Okami cg movie or maybe if they could get miyazaki to do an cartoon of it.

the other game that i would love to see an live action film of would be shadow of the colossus. i think if that could be amazing.

Edit: well according to the shadow of the colossus wiki it is going to be made into a movie so that's pretty cool, i'm excited.
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Legacy of kain definitely. Also I odn't care if it would be alot of work or not, but I thinkLegend of Dragoon could make a really good movie.
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping too Silk. And defiantly Okami! It would pwn Bolt three ways til sunday with a touch of tuesday as well. x3

And zomg~!!! Legend of Dragoon is a MUST for the movie business!!! I adored that game, felt like an oldschool FF7 but with a few perks here and there. (Dragoon mode anyone? x3)

Yesiiree seeing the Divine Dragon on the big screen would be a dream come true for meh!
LordessAnnara14
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=red]The only thing i can say, is that if their going to turn video games into movies, they should be Animations or Cell shaded.
I know Resident Evil movies look good, but you know.
Animated for the ones that are not as reaistic looking.[/color]
[URL=http://s611.photobucket.com/user/DES-RS/media/tumblr_mo5ihmmw031r9hudxo1_500_zpse3063a82.gif.html][img]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/DES-RS/tumblr_mo5ihmmw031r9hudxo1_500_zpse3063a82.gif[/img][/URL]
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are cool because you type in red.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: