Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Recent story wont pop up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Recent story wont pop up Reply with quote

I just spent half a night on the final chapter (Not including the upcoming epilogue) on one of my fanfictions. For some reason after I posted it, it didnt pop up in the recent stories section...but when I click on it, the story shows the last chapter is there and what not. Please someone explain this. And if it's a simple explaination that I overlooked feel free to lock or remove this topic after telling me the problem. Much thanks in advance if you guys have the answer! nn

http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-101605.html
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Apparently stories don't display the total voting score the way pictures do.

Why does that even matter? Because the mainpage boxes apply two filters to what gets shown: (1) one item per artist, and (2) no items with an overall negative score.

I think we may be looking at #2 here (and this may be an issue since story voting is stored per story, not chapter), but without the ability to check the story's voting score I can't be 100% certain.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird....I dont think anyone voted bad on my story; due to the fact it's hardly posted up or updated unlike my other fanfic. And it's not super offensive or anything. O___o

Hmm I'll have a friend vote good on it and see what happens.
ZaronNitro
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the recent story section on the home page is showing new submitted stories but not stories which have been updated.
I've noticed this because I'm having the same problem aswell, I've been updating my fanfictions fairly regularely but they aren't showing on the homepage. I'm guessing this is a site problem.
Please can this be fixed? Otherwise people aren't going to be able to see updated fanfiction on the site.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with zaron on this, I just updated "To challenge the night" one of my highest viewed fanfictions, and it didnt pop up in the recent stories section either. o.O
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's one of your highest-viewed then the score filter shouldn't effect it ... hmm, it's possible there's an actual bug here. Let me check the code....

Aha, yes we have a bug here. The Recent Stories are currently selected by their [i]initial submission date[/i], instead of the update-date from their latest chapter. Will definitely need to do something about that....
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyaha! Pesky elusive bugs, go Orkin Man on that bug Strata; show it whos boss! xP

Good thing we found this bug, considering the fact I was going to add another chap and what not to Lullaby for a stormy night now that I know ten times more about Acheron from the dark hunter novels. Im nearly done with the book and feel like typing up the urge to make him blast Lady Gaga just to piss off Raziel. xD

Yeah...enough ramblings AWAAAAAY -rolls off-
ZaronNitro
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was a bug huh ... DAMN BUG!!! DX
*goes to get the bug spray Razz

Thanks Stratadrake for finding out the problem! Very Happy
Once it's been sorted out, we'll all be happy once again! XD
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a difficult bug to [i]figure out[/i] (it was rather obvious when I examined the recent-stories query), but fixing it isn't exactly going to be straightforward since the query also includes a flood-control element.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah kinda like the situation with a bomb. You know what it is and the damage it will cause if left untouched; it's just the difficulty of figuring out [i]which wire to cut.[/i] =P
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD You have the ultimate metaphor and analogy bank Sarah.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]xD You have the ultimate metaphor and analogy bank Sarah.[/quote]

What can I say; I grew up to Family guy...thank Peter Griffon and his infinite amounts of cutaways for that. xD
ZaronNitro
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's it going with the bug? any luck on fixing it? Smile
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's fixed since I saw your Dissidia acadamy fic pop up in the recent stories. xP
ZaronNitro
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's a new one ... Razz I've been wanting to submit that one for a while now.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yargh, it's doing it again. X_x
ZaronNitro
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been ages since I've been onto Fanart-Central. But I had recently updated one of my fanfictions but it is still not showing on the recent stories section.

I'm guessing the bug hasn't been fixed yet, can this get sorted out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: