Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Lucky died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Lucky died Reply with quote

My dog died a day after [b]Father's Day[/b]. My dad was abnormally angry on Father's Day for a specific reason.
[img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1247/dsc08732d.jpg[/img]

Her name was Lucky; we had her for 12 years. She developed a cancerous tumor on her left leg around 1.5 years ago, and my dad said it would probably go away.

It grew bigger.

I kept telling him it was cancer, but he said, "Are you going to pay for the surgery? If so, give me the money." I find that one heck of a douche-bag reply for the dog that has kept us company and defended us(she has saved our lives before) for 12 years.

We did not want to euthanize her. I personally believe that no matter how gross and strange the disease or condition is of an animal, we should not force them into death because WE believe it is better for them. They cannot even talk to us about such a decision, and if they could, I bet 90% of the time, it would be "NO." This is a life we are talking about, whether it is a human or a pet. However, nowadays, the pet seems like a human all on its own, does it not? Lucky's cancer started spreading to her stomach; we saw a lump getting bigger around the abdominal region, and the lump on her leg started blistering and bleeding. Thank God we had tile flooring, so we just mopped up the blood- that sounds gross and unbearable for some families, but our family was used to the blood and guts(doctors & nurses). However, than there was this STINK that was so atrocious you had to cover your nose for hours before it would go away; her leg was [b]rotting off[/b], and we knew for sure it had to get amputated.

Sill, my dad said, "No. We do not have the money." -And then he bought a plasma screen TV later.

Lucky limped everywhere, and my dad would get ANGRY at her for going to get some food because she left a trail of blood wherever she went. I am about ready to apsolutely punch him in the face for this. On Father's Day, he has the AUDACITY to kick and shout at her, when she was sick, limping, vomiting, and just sleeping on the kitchen floor where he was eating. NO ONE has the right to treat anyone like that, especially a pet that has been loyal to him for years. If you ever have an elder- grandma, grandpa, best friend, neighbor that smokes in front of the house and does every drug under the sun, -if they are sick- NEVER treat them like they are dirt and shout at them.

This is a slap to the hard work they have put in their lives and shows them that in their state of need, you are too immature and emotionally fixated to treat them the way you want to be treated when you are sick/in need.

My point is that Lucky died on the hallway rug, not moving and already going through rigor mortis, and I was the only one that cried wildly in front of everyone else because I knew her last memory was of being kicked into the backyard because she was making the floor dirty.

[b]I am so sick of such unnecessary disrespect. >:[[/b]
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Funky_EsterMan
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad story for someone who really values pets. You do realize, however, you can get another dog, right? You can't exactly get another grandma or elder relative when he or she is dying.

What your dad did was assess the situation and he prioritized based upon household need. He felt a television was needed (which will last significantly longer than your dog's lifespan).

Even if you went through with surgery, the dog would have lived (based on statistically data from national veterinarian journals) for less than 6 - 7 months longer. I agree with your dad's decision, he sounds like a smart man.

My advice, get a new dog, dry your tears, and thank your father for making the right decision. He is a good man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]My advice, get a new dog, dry your tears, and thank your father for making the right decision. He is a good man.[/quote]
You are right. The ironic thing is that I knew this already. ;-; I knew we did not have enough money, and I knew he was thinking of long term because even if it hurt now, sooner or later we will let it go, but the money will will have to cash up cannot be let go. (I was going to add my reflections about how he made the right choice despite my rantings, but I was afraid it would be too long, haha)

I enjoy a good opinion every once in a while.

[quote]You do realize, however, you can get another dog, right? You can't exactly get another grandma or elder relative when he or she is dying. [/quote]
However, if you can say, "get another dog," I [i]can[/i] easily put the same concept on people. If you spend time playing with, eating, and having just small company with a pet, why are they any different than a human friend(except for anatomically, lol)? Human beings can find others who remind them of the diseased person, and that can somewhat fill their heart. It is the same for adopting another pet and thinking that it can also fill your heart. There is no real replacement for a lost pet, just as there is no true replacement for a deceased person, so simply "get[ting] another dog" is attempting to replace another family member to me, and based off of your view on humans, that is difficult.

What I do know for sure, whether they are animal or human, is that treating any sick/suffering thing like a nuisance when they have only minded their own business and been loyal to the family is an unreasonable and disrespectful action, and I would never tolerate it.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your pet. For some of us, it's not about losing an animal or person, it's about losing someone you care about. Some people can't understand that. Some can.
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences.
Both dogs I grew up with are dead too =(

Don't give your dad too hard a time though.
I can kinda see where he is coming from.
We have a cat which I don't really care about and wouldn't miss
Yes my daughter would be upset but goddamnit dad wants his new tv Mad

+ Cats are fucking evil.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]I'm sorry to hear about your pet. For some of us, it's not about losing an animal or person, it's about losing someone you care about. Some people can't understand that. Some can.[/quote]

I agree 100% here. I hate when people say "Oh it's just an animal" blah blah blah. Come one if you've been with the animal for going on quite a long time; you dont see them as a mere pet, you see them as a friend or child.

I feel for you lucky, my mom's cat Tinyone passed away June 25th near midnight after staying with us for 14 long years. I swore she was very connected with my mom. My mom is deaf in her left ear; and a few years ago Tinyone lost cartilage in her [i]left[/i] ear. My mom started to put on some weight...Tinyone started to put on weight. My mom has kidney trouble...and so did Tinyone towards the end since her illness was effecting her kidneys. Not to mention she always had a habit of hugging mom's shoulders whenever she sensed she was depressed when mom held her. Everyone who saw this cat said she acted like a little human trapped in a cat's body. It's going to be hard going on without her since she was quite a buddy. But she knows; as does your dog; that they will always be loved and remembered so they can rest at ease. nn
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Don't give your dad too hard a time though.
I can kinda see where he is coming from.
We have a cat which I don't really care about and wouldn't miss
Yes my daughter would be upset but goddamnit dad wants his new tv [/quote]
Sad Funny how you can be totally sure of your opinion on something, and then when you tell other people, and they tell you otherwise, I am all, "Oh, now that I think about it..." Now I feel like a douche. ;A; Oh the irony.

My dad buried Lucky in the backyard and planted a young tangerine plant on her grave. He said "Lucky will live through this tree. When the tree grows and then finally dies, that is when Lucky will finally truly die."

-AHAh my dad is so culturally Asian with his philosophy. That made me so much more f**king happier. Sorry for all the emotion people. HAH I feel better. ;-;

[quote]+ Cats are $&#* evil.[/quote]
Let me just say this. ALL the cats I have had enither got run over or died. >n> Har har har. Is that something to laugh about? LOL, have you had similar experiences?

[quote]My mom is deaf in her left ear; and a few years ago Tinyone lost cartilage in her left ear. [/quote]
-That is one heck of a coincidence! How long did she live? Was her humans years even consistent/close with your mom's years?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she's been with us for fourteen years...and we did the math so she was 98. Still that's young for a cat the vet said. (Vet said this not me so dont go quoting meh, kick the vet if he's wrong.)

So she was to the equilvant to 50 ish or so. And my mom's in her 50s too.
Plus like with my mom...she doesnt look her age at all. She looked like a tiny 2 year old kitty. Hence her name.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/ShadowsChildKataki2006/Favorites/Tinyone.jpg[/img]

And she didnt die from old age, she had a fatel blood disease that kicked in finally.

And not all cats are ebil, my bud Timmah was a clingy ho that wouldnt leave me alone at the old house. And Mandy, god she was such a sweet heart...I dont think I ever seen her be violent once..well maybe when she would bitchslap her kids when trying to ween em lol.

Also I like your dad's philosophy...so very sweet to do that with the tree n.n
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]My dad buried Lucky in the backyard and planted a young tangerine plant on her grave. He said "Lucky will live through this tree. When the tree grows and then finally dies, that is when Lucky will finally truly die.
[/quote]

This makes me smile.
Good job dad!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gerardthedevil
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry lucky. Losing pets is hard, they realty are members of the family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: