Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Reply with quote

[img]http://transformers3movie.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/transformers3.1.jpg[/img]
I know the movie JUST came out, but some of my friends have already seen it. So far, I have heard good things about it.

If you guys have seen it, tell me your opinion. [b]Is it worth it? Should I go use my hard not-earned money to go watch it? [/b]

;-; There is not Megan Fox in this one.Seriously guys, I love her, lol. The new girl isn't so bad either though. xD
[img]http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/rosie_huntington_whiteley_transformers_3.jpg[/img]
I know I am a pervert guys, do not judge me!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3634-Transformers-Dark-of-the-Moon

^ pretty much this is how i feel about the newest movie.
while i don't dislike them as much as the reviewer i have pretty much the same gripes as him about this series.

I never really like to the robot designs in the series because most of them don't read very well on screen. most of them look like a tribal tatt that has been turned into a robot. optimus was the only design i liked, i hated the megatron design.

This movie was for me the definition of "not bad", yeah it wasn't bad but i cant think of anything that was really good in it either.

mediocre on pretty much all levels.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Optimus's design best, compared to all the other changes in designs to the other robots from the original, but you did not even like Bumblebee's design?

I did not watch the movie because it said it contained major spoilers. ;-; HAHA thanks for the input. ...Did the model as least own up to her role though?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta say after watching it on Friday Captain America has been my favorite summer blockbuster so far. i thoroughly enjoyed it.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you watch Green Lantern as well?
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and that was the worst movie i seen all summer.
i was really looking forward to it too, being a big DC fan in all.

Ryan Reynolds was very, very miscast for the role of hal.
i thought it was batman and robin bad.
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not planning on seeing Green Lantern. It just seemed like they jumped at the chance at casting the future Deadpool, which they know will succeed at the box office. I'm sure Reynolds jumped at the chance at playing GL, too. But I don't blame him for trying to keep a job. I blame everyone else involved for making a bad movie that probably wouldn't have succeeded with anyone else playing the part. Green Lantern just isn't movie material, imo.

Reminds me of the mistakes they made with Ghost Rider. W T F is up with making GR a love story? It's GHOST RIDER, assholes. You're not supposed to make it a love story. I know even Wolverine had his share of lovers, but that's not what made him a hit in the 80's and 90's. Same with GR. I hear GR2 is going to be called Spirit Of Vengeance. You'd think they can't possibly fuck this one up with a name like that, but let's see.

I loved Transformers 1 for some reason. Transformers 2 felt like a huge mess that couldn't keep my attention. Why is Fox not in the third film? I'm not into blonds at all so I can't think of any reasons to see this one.
Crazywhitegirl13
Would like fries with that

Location: In the back of my mind, tunneling through writers block

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly, (on the subject of Green Lantern and Captain America) both my parents are just wondering if they're going to make an Avengers movie. They made all the movies, now they need the movie to tie them all together and make the team.

That's just my input. Though, it may just be my weird thing where I see the awesomeness in EVERYTHING, I thought Transformers 3 and Green Lantern were good.

I've been dying to see Captain America, so don't spoil it.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost Riders was okie...but yeah I agree with unfocused, they made it uber weird tossing in a love interest. Probly cause they wanted it to be abit more anguish-ish for him cause of what he is etc. But it could have been badass WITHOUT a love interest.

And yeah, green lantern looks alittle iffy so imma go see what Transformers is like before GL. Though I do give em props on the cgi effects with the robots. Must have been a biatch to do.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are gonna make an avengers movie. its gonna be directed by joss whedon, its being filmed right now.
thats why sam jacksons been in all of the recent marvel movies.

Last edited by SILK on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They put a love story in Ghostrider so stupid girls would want to see the movie with their boyfriends. Eva Mendez was the flavor of the month back then so they thought dudes would want to go see it even though her and Cage make the worst, non-believable, unattractive on-screen couple.

Everything else was cool except Blackheart. Wes Bentley is NOT an intimidating villain (see: [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804516/]P2[/url]) One of my biggest gripes about films is when I feel that I can kick the antagonists ass myself. And it shouldn't be that way.

Personally, I can hardly wait to go see The Avengers and Deadpool.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the wolverine movie ruined any kind of excitement i had for a deadpool movie because if
thats what they think deadpool is, then i think any deadpool movie is in real trouble.
unfocused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they altered Deadpool to fit some retarded plot around Wolverine. I don't remember much of his part in the movie, but I think if they changed a few small details and allowed him to speak (all he'd have to do is cut his mouth open, right?) then he would have been a perfect Deadpool anyway.

What exactly did you not like about DP in the Wolverine movie? The few small things I didn't like could be overlooked. Like Hulk being played by three different actors in just as many films. Or Batman sounding like someone shat in his throat every time he speaks.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless i am am wrong i thought deadpools powers were healing like wolvereines not being a baraka rip off with swords coming out of his arms, teleporting around shooting optics blast.

i don't think that was such a small thing that could be overlooked, to me that a showed a pretty big lack of understanding of the character.

Edit:
i think that its easy to overlook certain things about movie characters if they are still easily recognizable as that character, yes the batman "Gravel" voice was different but you still could tell it was batman, they did not give him some super strength on some other new dumb powers. but i think the biggest difference is that the Nolan batman films have been good, so its easy to overlook small things. them messing up deadpool in the last woverine movie was just one of the many problems that movie had.
unfocused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's right they changed up his powers. All I remembered from the end of that movie was his mouth fixed shut and thinking "i don't think this is really Wade Wilson."

I do remember Reynolds was an awesome DP in his "moment" scene in the first half of the film.

That last guy, DP or not, was just supposed to be a botched experiment, a mixure of many of the mutants they were working on, not the final product. Im sure they understood the character just fine, he just wasnt vital to their stupid story. He was supposed to be a formidable opponent for Wolvie. What they should have done instead was just have Wolverine battle Deadpool in his real form. Mouth and all. That might mave redeemed much of the movie even though the actual character didn't really have anything to do with the story aside from the experiments. But like I said, I don't remember much of the movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: