Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Family Guy vs. Futurama
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Family Guy vs. Futurama Reply with quote

I honesty do not see the appeal of Family Guy. It can be funny sometimes, but most of the jokes are just plain crude and dumb. ;-;

Futurama is funny ALWAYS with inside jokes and just plain original plot line. It is 42,000x awesomererrerereer.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im kinda sitting on the fence with this one, but I do enjoy the hijinks that Planet express has to endure due to their senile boss's missions he plans out for em.

But as I said before, im torn between the two shows, and to those who disagree, can bite my shiney metal ass! xP
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Family Guy vs. Futurama Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]I honesty do not see the appeal of Family Guy. It can be funny sometimes, but most of the jokes are just plain crude and dumb. ;-;

Futurama is funny ALWAYS with inside jokes and just plain original plot line. It is 42,000x awesomererrerereer.[/quote]

THANK YOU, you know how many times i have said the same thing about Family Guy to people. I know i am in the minority on this topic i think Family Guy is just dumb.

Edit: bender is the best.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://madeira.hccanet.org/project2/michels_p2/website%20pics/bender.jpg[/img]
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bender is teh epic! xD
And no he didnt pay me to say that kekekeke.
unfocused

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

family guy.

and then the simpsons>futurama>american dad. But i don't watch any of these last three shows anymore.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but Simpsons on the other hand...wow really hate to say this but that show has been sorely lacking for some years. hopefully the writers get it together for the last two seasons so the show can end on a high note.

For a show i grew up loving it sucks to see just how mediocre it has become.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is because they are putting too much awesome on Futerama as of the moment.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-insert evil bender laugh here whilst rubbing hands.-
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futurama is a big favorite of mine, a lot of morals, a lot of emotion, and a lot of stuff I can relate to. Its hardly comparable to Family Guy because Futurama unlike most animated comedy series actually follows a story in the episodes.

Whereas things like The Simpsons and Family practically act like they repeat everyday exactly the same, and then things 5 years later into the series barily change.

Futurama despite how I loved the fact that they brought it back, I haven't been a huge fan of the new episodes. I feel like I'm watching the first few episodes again. They were good, but the jokes are a bit off and it wasn't as funny. That's me though.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that's where you are abit wrong Jake.

You see, Family guy does follow abit to the timeline that it's not the same day everyday. For one, Susie's baby is now in the newer episodes. They mentioned that Joe's son was in Iraq before he popped up on thanksgiving. They still keep the fact that Quagmire's dad is now a she, aka Ida. And that the old female Anchor woman in the newscast; Diana, is dead and replaced with a new younger blonde. Along with being dead in the show is Jillian's husband, and Mort Goldman's wife, and James Woods...then again knowing ol James he might pop up again. Quick someone fetch some candy and a box! xD

And they finally published Brian's book, which sold a record defying...0 purchases. =x
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Actually that's where you are abit wrong Jake.

You see, Family guy does follow abit to the timeline that it's not the same day everyday. For one, Susie's baby is now in the newer episodes. They mentioned that Joe's son was in Iraq before he popped up on thanksgiving. They still keep the fact that Quagmire's dad is now a she, aka Ida. And that the old female Anchor woman in the newscast; Diana, is dead and replaced with a new younger blonde. Along with being dead in the show is Jillian's husband, and Mort Goldman's wife, and James Woods...then again knowing ol James he might pop up again. Quick someone fetch some candy and a box! xD

And they finally published Brian's book, which sold a record defying...0 purchases. =x[/quote]
I didn't say that they didn't do that, but it changes very periodically. With all the jokes and comedy they make in the show its hard. They've made it where there was a hurricane, a zombie infection, and all sorts of stupid-crazy stuff happens but then the next episode does anything look like it changed? In some, yes; in most, no. Its just a giant clusterfuck excuse for lore for the sake of the comedy. Not shitting on it, but in comparison to Futurama? Nothing.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

You take television waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Rolling Eyes

You take television waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.[/quote]

Hes pretty famous for attracting teal deers.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Rolling Eyes

You take television waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.[/quote]
Just because I have a strong opinion on it doesn't mean I take it seriously. Razz I'm like this on pretty much any subject.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Just because I have a strong opinion on it doesn't mean I take it seriously.[/quote]
ACTUALLY!
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"][quote]Just because I have a strong opinion on it doesn't mean I take it seriously.[/quote]
ACTUALLY![/quote]
Observe: I see a total jackass, lets say Justin Bieber. Controversial so naturally I grow a strong opinion based on him. Do I hate him as a person seriously? No. Do I take him as an artist seriously? Not at all. The context of what I'm taking serious isn't general to everything, but specific to what I criticise. So when I'm criticising Family Guy's plot and story, etc, simultaneously my opinion on everything else about the show is not to be taken seriously.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that being the case, dont throw a [i]tantrum[/i] when someone proves you wrong on one tiny itty bitty detail. Futurama has somewhat of a same situation where things happened yet they dont explain em either. They are both good shows in my opinion, just that Futurama needs to crank out more new epis at a time. That's where Family guy is slightly in the lead in my book at the moment. But give it time, Futurama will come roaring back.

So yeah, chill, I like both shows. I'm not damning either one of em, just proving that it isnt the same epi over and over again.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]So that being the case, dont throw a [i]tantrum[/i] when someone proves you wrong on one tiny itty bitty detail. Futurama has somewhat of a same situation where things happened yet they dont explain em either. They are both good shows in my opinion, just that Futurama needs to crank out more new epis at a time. That's where Family guy is slightly in the lead in my book at the moment. But give it time, Futurama will come roaring back.

So yeah, chill, I like both shows. I'm not damning either one of em, just proving that it isnt the same epi over and over again.[/quote]
A tantrum? Are you talking about yourself, because neither me or lucky are having a tantrum right now. Responding back with my thoughts isn't a tantrum, and you proved nothing wrong; this is all opinionated and biased. There's nothing to prove.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not throwing a tantrum, jeez chill out.

and it's not an opinion when the timeline has changed. Look at the show for yourself. Cleveland is gone to his own spinoff (bad move IMO)
Bonnie had her baby, Stewie doesnt talk like a dictonary anymore, Brian's book is published, though failing miserably, and Diana is dead. =/

If that's an opinion, you and me are on TOTALLY dif wavelengths.

Again CHILL. Stop trying to debate a show about farts and rooster fights with a homicidal baby that wants to kill his mother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: