Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Patience is the key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Patience is the key Reply with quote

I was quite disappointed to find that my 9/11 fma tribute was rejected...why?

It was too big. =/ I dont find that rather fair considering the FAC resizing thing wont cooperate with me. (Trust me I've tried, it just laughs at me before turning my attempted submissions into funhouse mirror pics)

But anyways I am going to try to re-submit it, but please DONT REJECT IT!

I have a feeling it might be big still since the picture itself takes up the whole page. However im going to downsize it as much as possible by cutting out unnesscary spots in the picture that are taking up space etc. HOWEVER if it gets put into pending, DONT reject it for it's size!!!

For tommorrow around ten or so, im going to re-upload it and once I head up to the library I will DOWNSIZE it via imageshack to a more reasonable size. So please be patient and let it linger til it's sized down and not huge for the viewers ok? Trust me nothing annoys me more than to find that one of my pictures which I worked very hard on only to find it unable to be accepted due to it's size.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send the picture to approval system right now, and I will take a look at it. Wink

Now, I wonder why... if you have time to put the picture up for approval, why do you not have time to resize it with ImageShacK? ImageShack's resizing interface is freakin awesome and fast. ;u It literally takes about 10 seconds tops for a picture to get resized to around 800 px by 600px.

A piece of work can only be seen for all of its glory and hard work if one can actually see its details as a whole without having to scroll around the page to see each part and then piece it together. Resizing actually benefits you more in the capital.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comp is a dinosaur (windows 98 and dial up and a gateway tower.) and I tried a year back to cooperate with the new imageshack...sadly my comp needed to update for it to work for me..and those updates I just didnt have. And yes it was rather fast back in the day and it still is.

Also I kinda have a habit of deleting all my scanned pics after I submit them to FAC to save room on my C drive etc. So I have to rescan it tommorrow sadly before the library opens up. Embarassed

I chose to now resize all my pics at the library because it has the functions needed for imageshack on it's internet plus it's much faster. Also before you all ask, cant resize em on my scanner cause well, scanner resizer doesnt like to work for me most of the time. x.x
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]sadly my comp needed to update for it to work for me..and those updates I just didnt have. [/quote]
I do not think you need a significant update to get ImageShack to work. I never really looked into it.

Try looking into this update if you can.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316639

Once again, I do not know enough about 98 computers to think that would be helpful, but it sounds like it might help your computer a tad bit, and perhaps that is all you need.
[quote]
I kinda have a habit of deleting all my scanned pics after I submit them to FAC to save room on my C drive etc.[/quote]
I would advise you only delete after you know it has been fully approved. I hate re-scanning my stuff too.

[quote]scanner resizer doesnt like to work for me most of the time[/quote]
Do you not even have Microsoft Picture Manager?!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh no worries just as long as this comp helps me get on FAC and cooperates with scanning I could care less about updating it. I have my eyes on my bro's tower and he has his eyes on a newer tower model he wants to buy.

Also no it lacks that item you mentioned. I told ya my compy is old...very old. lol

And I will make sure to keep the pic on standby just incase it gets tossed into pending again. Cause it's mind numbing to have to go through the rig and roll of re-scanning...gah I knew I should have kept it yesterday. x.x

Again though, if it does get tossed into pending, make sure to wait abit cause I'll rush down to the library uber fast and downsize it up there to a much more suitable size. Trust me I do this with all my piccies and I havent had a picture rejected yet cause of this. Actually infact this is my first pic ever rejected. oO so yeah came as a surprise to me that it was rejected.

Im not too mad that it's late, after all it took how many days for those two firefighters to be found trapt in ground zero and thankfully alive; so hope and patriotism still hung strongly in the air over the past week since the towers fell on that day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: