Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Oh so lovely game glitches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Oh so lovely game glitches Reply with quote

Yes I was bored so tossed this puppy up to chat about.

Have any of you suffered these dreaded things that stop you dead in your tracks during your 78th hour of gaming and no save point in sight? I know I have! Here we discuss these dreaded lil bugs, and how to avoid em...or asking others for help if they have suffered the same thing during said video game etc. However there ARE a few good glitches here and there, showing not all are bad. xP

Here's a few I've had to deal with:

Soul Reaver 2 for the ps2:

Dark Forge Crows Glitch
If you love scaring the crows in this game...well it's best advised to scare the ones in the mountain and swamp area. Because when you reach the dark forge and go to startle the ones on the balcony just infront of the dark forge door...well you get locked into the forge with no way out...or if you are lucky you can get out via going specteral..but then you miss out on a kickass cutscene with Vorador.

Legend of Dragoon on the PS2:

Lenus and Regole black screen of death after fight

Another pain in the ass glitch, turns out if you go dragoon, after you watch Lenus crash and burn and get to the EXP screen, the next scenes wont show and the game freezes. This happens alot on the PSP and PS2 systems, but inorder to avoid this, you have to NOT go dragoon and pack plenty of fire based magicks inorder to stand a ghost of a chance against Lenus and her fishy friend. And to make things safer, put something a tad bit heavy ontop of your ps2 where the disc is located to help things along...I had to do this considering the first tactic didnt work right away. xP

Soul Calibur 3 Memory card glitch for Character quest for the sword on PS2:

Oh yeah this one was a pain. And merely unavoidable from what I've seen. Turns out if you want to do the quest for the sword (Your created character on an rpg adventure) mode, you have to put this on a memory card soley for that save data...otherwise if you dare to save anything else from any other game; the quest for the sword data will become corrupt and you wont be able to play through it at all.

This one is infact a good one and is probly well known...not sure.

Assassin's creed 2 and rarely Brotherhood:
Invisible wanted poster Glitch

This is infact a welcome one that I found. Here if you get caught and tear down a poster...and your noterity goes back up again in that same area, go to the same spot (There will be a poster indicator on your map, despite the fact that map was torn down) where you tore down the previous poster...and as luck would have it when you go to that spot, Ezio will interact with an invisible poster and boom! Noterity down again!

So any of you guys suffer through some nasty glitches? Do share so we know what to look for or how to avoid em! Or welcome them if they bend the rules. xP
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh...interesting...
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now not sure if this is MWF or another war based game...but a friend told me they had a rough time with evil spawn points...such as spawning infront of a tank already in motion. Ouch. xD
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure..that sounds annoying though
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds comic worthy too kekeke.

Hmmm ah yes! I'll send the clips your way later but there's a glitch during a battle in LOK Defiance on the PC version where a good LOK fan of my group happened to have to face off against a Raziel and a Kain while being Raziel himself. He tried to fix it going into the spirit world...but the evil twin Raziel chased him into the spirit world and FUBR'd him. xD

And an assassin's creed glitch where if you die near your horse and you go to ride it again...something very disturbing happens to it's lower half. No not being perverted, I mean it's disturbing, as in exorcist style disturbing. O_o
It's a rare glitch though so dont fret.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahah...strange. Ive played the crap out of AC2 and never had anything happen.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even the invisible poster? Oo

Also this game is just RIDDLED with glitches waiting to spring up on you. I ran into a few sadly.

Blood Omen 2 for the ps2:

Bottomless Alley Glitch:

Ugh hate this one! But this is when I believe you are trying to find the hideout of the kabal and have to find a few humans with the passwords. I went into this one alleyway and yeah..fell into an infinite white void. But if you jump just right or run away and come back to the spot it should be fine.

Voice and mouths delay glitch:

Cant be avoided, happens on the ps2 and a few other consoles...but yeah the voices and mouth movements are kinda delayed BIG time in a few of the scenes.

Soul reaver and hylden second encounter scene:

If you happen to want to take the easy way out and play through the game again with the soul reaver, a rather strange thing happens during this scene. From what I saw, the soul reaver floats in the air while Kain and Hash ak gik are still conversing. O_o

God of war for ps2:

Hades maze battering ram glitch:

Very weird...but thankfully very rare. This is the part of the maze where you have to time your jump juuuuust right and run to the exit door to the maze. (It only fully opens if you have killed all the monsters in the maze I think) but yeah...if you miss the jump you get rammed into the wall. I thought this was the case when I missed but instead I got rammed [i]through[/i] the wall instead and just kept falling....and I swore I saw a bit of Crono's arm when i finally died. XD
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is like glitches [i]come[/i] to you Sarah. xD
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They at least come to someone, and its ok since I can warn others about them and what to avoid etc. xD

But I was lucky enough -knocks on wood- to not come across this super nasty glitch in legend of dragoon. The person I think was on disc four and they were caught in a battle at level 99, NO weapons, and were poisened. I dont think they were able to retreat either. This was probly due to a disc scratch though since it's uber rare.

And another one that I unhappily came across was another one from Soul Reaver 2. It's after the scene were Raziel comes across William the Just's tomb and gains new ablities from his soul reaver. Well this was the first time I played this game so I didnt know where to go next....and that door off to the side can blend in VERY well. X_x

Well I decided to go into the spirit world to see if an opening would pop up. Nothing, so I opted to go running back to william's tomb where Moebious closes the gates in the cutscene after you walk away. I got through the gates...but couldnt go back out so I was stuck in that small area. And NO save point so I had to start over at the beginning....yeeey. xD

Way to avoid this? Dont be a derp like me and look around more for an exit...then again I blame the backrounds for being soo dark sometimes! dX
pacman64dx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember Tony Hawk Project 8? That game was loaded with glitches! You could get inside the fast food place. You can fall under the city. Just Crazy man.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Skyrim is a popular subject as of late...and there is already a thread about glitches...I found this to be pretty relevant...and hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmI799kEOSk
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting kettles and baskets on NPCs head so they do not see you stealing. WHAT GENIUS- I should have known!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

video game logic, gotta love it.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrhDamN82k&feature=related

.....<__<;
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something random. Do you guys ever watch TobyGames?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TobyGames

He is freakin hilarious.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope...watched the link,...kind of obnoxious
pacman64dx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrhDamN82k&feature=related

.....<__<;[/quote]

What the heck? Why?

A weird, but funny glitch in Soul Calibur IV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIxJEypeiUo
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...since that's a favorite combo of mine in TEKKEN, I would definitely use that in this game...and it would piss me off beyond belief if that happened in a real match...
pacman64dx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"]wow...since that's a favorite combo of mine in TEKKEN, I would definitely use that in this game...and it would piss me off beyond belief if that happened in a real match...[/quote]

Don't worry about it. There's no such thing as ring outs in Tekken...As far as I know.

The Angry Video Game Nerd showing some game glitches.
Warning, strong language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWRTleizFU
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-51v-ZZxcUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6kc1wyaDY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: