Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Are you have a submitting problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Are you have a submitting problem? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if they are having the problem of submitting art, and when you press "Submit," the page just reloads on you?

There are some users who say they cannot submit pictures for the Halloween contest because 1. The reloading problem and 2. They can submit their unedited scanned version, but if they submit it edited, the page reloads
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]

Last edited by luckylace222 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been fine so far.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[code:1]They can submit their unedited scanned version, but it they submit it edited, the age reloads[/code:1]
I can't think of how that makes logical sense from a technical point of view.

Try to get a copy of one of these problem images and see if you are able to submit it. If not let me know and I'll debug the problem.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only technical explanation that makes sense to me is to call it a caching issue -- the file got uploaded but hasn't been fully synced with the server(s) or the client browser, so when it reloads the page it's still displaying the old pic.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had interpreted the situation as 2 image submissions, not a submission and an edit. If it is an edit, it could potentially be a bug in the editing system.

Good theory with picture servers, but all FAC pictures are currently being served from the main server so it can't be that.

Could potentially be browser caching, but that should be using e-tags which would be invalidated by the new upload.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told forestchan to upload her unedited scanned version (that is too big) so I can approve it, and then go to "edit" and replace it with the Edited version. That worked for her.

However, thingy sounds like he is having the exact same problem, but for some pictures, he gets an error message. When he sends me a print screen (if I can guide him through [i]how[/i] to print screen), I will send you the details.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule number one about error messages that nobody ever pays attention to is ALWAYS COPY AND PASTE THE ERROR MESSAGE. If we can't duplicate it ourselves then it [b]never happened[/b].
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLLOL Okay Laughing

[b]EDIT:[/b] Thingy has still not sent me any print screen or Copy & Paste of the error message, so I will keep his urgency idle for now

However, silly_rules has described the same problem. She described it as, "i'm about to freak out.... I tried about 4 times to submit my picture but it keeps loading then going back to the submission information page.. thing. D:<"

I do not think I can get much error evidence from her if the page is just reloading on its own. ;(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: