Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Interest Inventory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Roleplaying Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Interest Inventory Reply with quote

Basically, I'm making this topic to get ideas for a new roleplay to try to revive(again) the RP forum.

I'll start off.

I just really got into this anime called GunXSword. I was thinking we could start a roleplay based on this show. Pretty much, other than the original seven, there are also four armors that existed before and were not just built by people. These four armors stand for each of the four seasons. Only one of the original four riders is left. That is the rider of Yuki of Winter. The others died before Mother Earth was destroyed.

Any other ideas are welcome...

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have an idea that I am currently working on/ tweaking/ balancing. A few more opinions would be a great help.

Trying to keep from going into any lengthy explanations so I'm cutting a good deal out but, you are ‘bounty hunters’ for the Grim Reaper, mortals that died before their correct time. You are hunting down contracts to pay off your debt to the Grim Reaper so you can live again.

The contracts you would be hunting down are mortals who were scripted to die and survived, and souls that have escaped from the afterlife. The amount the contract is worth is dependent on how powerful the soul or “black ring” is.
Certain characters in the RP can see a ‘black ring’ around the neck of people who are about to die, how dark the ring is tells how close that person is to dying. At the moment, I am planning on only having one character with the ability to see these rings (Souls can always see them but they don’t count.)

The main problem I have had in planning so far is deciding on how the RP should move, have your characters go about their daily lives and happen to see a contract by chance, or have ‘bound’ contracts, were a location for certain contracts are given and the RP is simply the player going from contract to contract with a good portion of the middle fluff cut out. That said, a mix between the two ideas could work, certain contracts are out and about in the city while others are stuck certain points.

My thinking behind this RP has been this, whenever we get people on an RP, eventually we have a person drop out randomly and not inform anyone else. The person who drops out often is someone important in the RP or at that moment in the RP, this more ‘sandboxy’ RP might help with that problem allowing players to drop in and out as they please.
Add in the bounty hunter aspect with a more ‘every one for themselves’ feel, if one person drops out it might not screw over the other people enjoying that RP. Though, this is all theory and could easily work in practice, too many moving parts and probably not enough people interested to get it started let alone if they drop out, but that’s why I like this topic you have, discussion leads to new ideas, new ideas could lead to somthing most people can enjoy.

"Actions speak louder than Wombats." - Auto-correct at its finest.
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea and I started this topic because there was a section like it on a RP website and thought it would help us on here to get interest before we start a new RP nobody would join...

Banner made by 09rper
blackcatcurse
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here ;u;

But yeah, this RP forum is dead in the digital waters.

I like the bounty hunter thing and the Seasons Armor. But I'm not familiar with GunXSword.
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is still intrested in the bounty hunter one (Death's Contract) let me know, now that I have more free time I can finish setting it up.

Personally I don't care how many people join, its sandboxy so anyone can join at any time.

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested. I need some time to write....

Banner made by 09rper
blackcatcurse
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mkay. I'm rereading the plotline.

So basically:
You died before you were supposed to (presumably due to inefficiencies of something or other that could end up as part of the plot). If you want to live again, you can offer to become a soul hunter. As a soul hunter, you hunt down people who had the fortune of living when they were supposed to die. These people are marked by a black ring.

Now, you said all souls can see black rings. Including those that have not made a contract with GR. So there are probably going to be some freelancing souls. Could be allies or enemies; nicer people who died early would want to stop you from collecting their friends' souls.
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a pretty good summary, the reason that souls can see black rings and soul hunters cannot is because when the Grim Reaper 'revives' a soul hunter all he is doing is patching up your original body shoving your soul back into it. If you didn't already have the ability you cannot gain it, souls on the otherhand are beings that have escaped the afterlife, they have a physical form that mimics their original body but they are no longer with in their original body. They gain the ability to see the rings from having died going to the afterlife, and then returning to the mortal relm.

There might be a few souls scampering about that will help out a Soul Hunter in exchange for being able to continue to exist in the mortal relm. As of right now I am thinking of having a post on the first page that I edit with new contracts as old ones are collected, the post will have a discription of the soul, the payout, how you should expect them to act and their danger level. (Payouts will between $1000 to Total depending on how hard the contract will be to bring down)

The debt for the Soul Hunters is at this moment $100,000. But special weapons are needed to kill souls, you will be provided with a free 'starter' weapon but it is only a dagger. Any other weapon must be bought and the price of the weapon will be added to your debt.

If you have any ideas of your own that you think would make this RP better, please voice them I am more than willing to make changes to the RP if it makes it better.

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to start a new Bleach RP having gottem back into it lately, but I need plot ideas. It has to take place after Aizen because my character is captain of squad 3 after Gin...

Banner made by 09rper
Rangiku
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi can I join an. Rp plz ^^
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I really would like to start a fantasy RP. However, I am flat out of plot ideas. Anyone up for it?

Also, just a warning, if I start this RP one liners will not be accepted. I want at least one good paragraph so I have something to work with. I've discovered that I can't RP off one liners. There may be exceptions if you're in a one on one conversation with someone. However this would be an EXTREMELY rare circumstance.

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you completely set up the fantasy universe you are using?

If you ever want to shoot ideas or talk about a fantasy RP I'm willing to help.

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really but I kind of want to do something that involves dragons to use my silver dragon character. I'm drawing a blank right now...

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are we talking half human half dragon or something of the like?

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps. I was actually having fun with the Dragon Shifters one but it died from lack of ideas, so I want ideas first and longer posts(so I have something to work with. Geez, this didn't use to be a problem for me...)

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm attempting to get a better view of this universe you are attempting to create.
It's a personal preference but I like to flesh out fantasy universes, it often helps me find conflicts that can happen within that universe.

I can start spitting out plots ideas at random if you wish

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine by me

Banner made by 09rper
BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end of a war between two or more nations sees the beginning of reconstruction. A warlord is tried for his or her crimes during the war was sentenced to death, on the day of the execution the warlord was somehow saved. The warlord must be hunted down by the heroes so he or she can be punished for their crimes.

The return of the dragons lead people to search for the dragon's origins

Fables and legends speak of a distant city that the dragons originally came from, some wish to find this city for their own reasons (some wish to find out more about the old legends, some wish to see where their ancestors lived, ect.)

BlackFang13
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Large scale expansion of human settlements leads to encroachment and destruction of lands owned by dragons or those of dragon blood- communities clash caught somewhere between hostile conflict over the land or assimilation into the human settlements.

A growing underground save trade of those with dragon blood for their power or exotic beauty between rich morally unscrupulous merchants and nobles wishing to show their power and personal wealth

A friendly competition between two nations or kingdoms- maybe an Olympic style games, a race across the lands, collection of items of some kind, ect.

yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the slave idea and I think it would be cool if my character was a pureblood silver dragon who purposely becomes a slave to bring back the power of the dragonborn.

I may start that when I get home from work. I'm on my break right now using my phone or I would now.

Banner made by 09rper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Roleplaying Area All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: