Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A Logical opinion on Sociology.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LUAjake
Very bored


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 214
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: A Logical opinion on Sociology. Reply with quote

What is growing up? What is acting mature? It all goes into sociology and it really doesn't make sense. (as far as I can see# Tell me to grow up, or mature, rather than just specifically just tell me what I'm doing wrong. Its a fool's argument and an idiots wording.


There is no "state" of being grown up, just standards that others make themselves. As a society some might agree to a specific standard, idea, 'level' of maturity, etc. Though it doesn't matter if the world agrees to one thing or not. It doesn't make it true, right, wrong, etc.


Sociology is one thing I've begun to despise because its basically like saying society is a cult, and they make the decisions to what means what, why we do what, and what is 'what' exactly?. In reality, that's what it is, this is just how I tend to view some aspects of it. Overall its got a lot of highlights and light on it apart from that. When someone says that 'this' is weird, dumb, or just general opinionated things like what I spoke of about 'growing up' and judging someone's level of "maturity" with their opinion; I can't stand it. Its when people are more arrogant as a society than anything.

Its not to say that things like insults can't mean what society defines, e.g "noob", or just inside terms. Though when it brings up something that doesn't exist, but they're using it to refer to something else, just because its grown in popularity as a society #see; "Growing up"# than it becomes a pattern that shouldn't be repeating itself. Its like if I started saying "Go away", or for that matter, anything. Just because you don't meet an ideal or standard that reflects or impacts my emotions in some shape or form. e.g,


You say you're good at Black Ops.
I've been playing longer and infact are better than you.
The competitive nature impacts me and I become offended at the insulting of my ability to play better than you.
I say "X" which is the "Grow Up" statement because you haven't met my standards, which is being better than me.


Its like adults, parents, teachers, anyone who says this are merely saying it because you haven't done what they want you to. Or that you're not doing as good as they want you to, some standard that they've mentally had set. Which is very selfish, and debatably is a contradiction in itself. You're requesting that they meet your standards, while also its their reaction due to you not meeting their standard that makes them feel that they've got that power to make you or expect you to meet said standard. With parents its the most understandable, though at the same time if a parent says you need to grow up, or do better, improve, change, most negative things generally; they're using the 'power' Now to elaborate on the note of the 'power' its merely a form of intimidation.

So for example, when teenagers turn rebellious they're running from that intimidation that the parent has tried to use against them. There is more than likely mixed feelings about why they're doing it depending on their story, but in many cases they may feel threatened by the idea of improving, or really be offended by this sudden sense of insecurity that has been laid upon them. Their reaction will also vary, I can't give any general response that will always happen with this. Its just a psychological experience that can differ in many situations. So they might listen and heed the parent's lecture, they may avoid meeting their standard, it can be countless things.

Then there's things like the Black Ops example, where in reality a lot of fights and arguments happen; this is why some people like to refer to games as 'friendship killers'. Because in reality due to this scenario I've described, people commonly are frustrated from the games already in their failure or just overall irritation. Then someone tries to step all over them, it doesn't end well commonly. It really depends on said peoples' anger control and how easily they're irritated. It may not always lead to physical fights, but it usually doesn't end well.

That's just my example and opinion on what I don't hate about society though, don't get the misinterpretation that this is what I enjoy in society. I'm just saying that when it comes to society acting this way for these reasons #though I did go somewhat into the psychology of it#, I can understand this and its appropriate for the situation because the psychology behind it when the people in society are making these acts happen. To conclude however, there are many pros and cons to Sociology. But the studies go into depth at points on subjects that can just really tick you off. And in my opinion its mostly just because of today's society turning to shit for the most part. Modern people have only gotten dumber as technology has grown, while another portion has gotten smarter on the brighter side. There's a lot to say about everything changing in general, but it all leads back to society's acceptance and passing of everything. Causing one thing to rise to the top, and letting one hit rock bottom. The decisions and power that society holds is just a frustrating matter, while it can be tampered with by one person, or stopped by 10, it really is just controversial and has too much of a negative impact on my life.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...This sounds like more of a random rant about life than a "logical" opinion.

Yeah, society is a jerk. Just make sure you do your best to not get affiliated with the jerks.
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt


Last edited by luckylace222 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LUAjake
Very bored


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 214
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinions don't have to be short, so what's to say even if this is a rant that's its still not an opinion? I doubt that's what you meant by your wording, but regardless I'm just making a point inside another.

And why did you quote "logical"? Did you not find this logical or something?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUAjake wrote:
And why did you quote "logical"? Did you not find this logical or something?

I find ranting about issues of parents not understanding their children because they are clouded by their roles of parental intimidation, Black Ops Rage, and seeing sociology as a way to see society as a cult as more of a rant than a logical argument. There are a lot of variating opinions/scenarios you can build up when it comes to sociology, as you have mentioned, so one cannot make any "logical" assumption on this topic.

Quote:
what's to say even if this is a rant that's its still not an opinion? I doubt that's what you meant by your wording

Do not worry, I never said your words were not opinion. Rather, a rant is much sheer opinion.
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
setzaroth
Cold Warrior


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 1960

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of your tl;dr post...I DID read it...

I think that when someone says "grow up" that means you should probably have better priorities is some contexts... observing illogical behavior like, when I see kids in their late teens running around Wal-Mart and riding the scooters around...that's immature...

On another vein...to call someone immature for what they where or what types of recreation they like to do...is more of an opinion than anything.

Quote:
You say you're good at Black Ops.
I've been playing longer and in fact are better than you.
The competitive nature impacts me and I become offended at the insulting of my ability to play better than you.
I say "X" which is the "Grow Up" statement because you haven't met my standards, which is being better than me.


And i'm sorry...but the fact that you are using a black Ops analogy doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in your views on subjects such as sociology
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LUAjake
Very bored


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 214
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setzaroth wrote:
Regardless of your tl;dr post...I DID read it...

I think that when someone says "grow up" that means you should probably have better priorities is some contexts... observing illogical behavior like, when I see kids in their late teens running around Wal-Mart and riding the scooters around...that's immature...

On another vein...to call someone immature for what they where or what types of recreation they like to do...is more of an opinion than anything.

Quote:
You say you're good at Black Ops.
I've been playing longer and in fact are better than you.
The competitive nature impacts me and I become offended at the insulting of my ability to play better than you.
I say "X" which is the "Grow Up" statement because you haven't met my standards, which is being better than me.


And i'm sorry...but the fact that you are using a black Ops analogy doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in your views on subjects such as sociology

Why should confidence change anything less you're insulting your own intellegance?...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
setzaroth
Cold Warrior


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 1960

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you read what you post before you hit submit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LUAjake
Very bored


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 214
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setzaroth wrote:
Do you read what you post before you hit submit?

Do you always resort to insults when someone makes a point disagreeing with your's? Or do you just not understand a simple sentence?

You made a poor point that had no relevance to what I actually said, you ignored the message of the analogy entirely and just commented on Black Ops and how you feel it doesn't ensure confidence in my post. Whereas I stated, what does confidence have to do with analogies and logic at all where it has no effect on any points I tried making. i.e I'm saying Are you stupid? Confidence has nothing to do with this, nor does it change anyting.

I used black ops as an example to give a more modern day intrepretation of the post.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 6829
Location: 20th Ward

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, calm down he's just asking you a simple question. And so he said you made a poor reference with black ops, that is kinda his opinion on the matter. What..is he not ALLOWED to have one? =/
Setz may be blunt, but he's getting a point across, calm down he isnt out to get you.

I think you should stop flying off the handle when someone disagrees with you. He's just fine with the matter, you're the one that gets antzy. Take a deep breath, and step back abit.

And just to prove he's not focused on only one thing on the matter, Setz, tell him which references he SHOULD have made.
_________________
Our life is made by the death of others...
~Leonardo Da Vinci
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
LUAjake
Very bored


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 214
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetxinsanityxSarah wrote:
Jake, calm down he's just asking you a simple question. And so he said you made a poor reference with black ops, that is kinda his opinion on the matter. What..is he not ALLOWED to have one? =/
Setz may be blunt, but he's getting a point across, calm down he isnt out to get you.

I think you should stop flying off the handle when someone disagrees with you. He's just fine with the matter, you're the one that gets antzy. Take a deep breath, and step back abit.

And just to prove he's not focused on only one thing on the matter, Setz, tell him which references he SHOULD have made.

I'm not flying off the handle, and don't tell me to calm down, seriously I'm not upset. I don't know why you keep thinking I'm being antzy, but, whatever.

I never said he wasn't allowed an opinion, but when you insult or criticise something, am I not allowed a rebuttal suddenly?

And there isn't a reference I SHOULD have made, I did it my way for a reason; and that's that. There is no better way. I executed how I wanted it to be interpretted by, no mistake, no misunderstanding. If he thinks whatever point he's trying to prove by bringing up confidence, he can think it all he wants, but it doesn't change anything that I said nor does it even directly criticise it in my opinion.

But really, I'm not mad. I'm just as casual right now as I would be posting profile comments. :L
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 6829
Location: 20th Ward

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I state; he's blunt. But he's a nice guy once you get to know him.
Just please stop butting heads, im not in the mood to see anymore topics get locked that could hold value.
_________________
Our life is made by the death of others...
~Leonardo Da Vinci
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about taking Sociology, but then I decided against it. Philosophy and Psychology are tons more interesting. P;
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
setzaroth
Cold Warrior


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 1960

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked geez....

Alright. So all I meant when I didn't have "confidence" I was having a hard time understanding what you meant. I do after re-reading it however get the analogy.

But still...On the other hand...using a video game as an analogy,while this is an opinion, sorta "red flags" that you don't have a ton of life experience outside of your parent's house.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LUAjake
Very bored


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 214
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setzaroth wrote:
Shocked geez....

Alright. So all I meant when I didn't have "confidence" I was having a hard time understanding what you meant. I do after re-reading it however get the analogy.

But still...On the other hand...using a video game as an analogy,while this is an opinion, sorta "red flags" that you don't have a ton of life experience outside of your parent's house.

Well, think whatever you will on that thought, but what is that anything more than an assumption? I already explained why I used it, so I'm not going to go into detail on my life experience over 1 small portion of what I posted.

Though I get what you mean, it just doesn't really impact my opinion on sociology to begin with. Life experience means nothing in contrast to sociology, and even at that, living in someone's basement (I got the metaphor, I know its not entirely literal) still means nothing and if anything compliments someone's knowledge at the loss of personal experience.

Whatever though. Not like I'm going to stop anyone from thinking this, that, sideways.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum