Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
edited and uncredited picture

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantom223

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: edited and uncredited picture Reply with quote

|:I

http://www.elfwood.com/art/l/y/lyndalam/angel_wings1.jpg- Before being edited

http://phantom223.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4yhfe7 After being edited

I did a screen-shot so I could cover the artist's name and icon so no one could spam them.

If you know the artist, please be mature and do not spam them...please!
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch...Being that dA does very little within its own realm when it comes to rips...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not cool! We arent DA so whoever this artist is, they better be wise and delete the pic. >3>

Strata if you can see this thread, PLEASE take this pic down! If we let one person slide, we're just going to turn out to be as lazy as DA..and that's something I wont have.

Update: I got ahold of the artist and told them firmly to take the pic down. If they were warned once and ignored it, then there's no room to be kind to them. I wasnt outright mean either. If you think about it, they arent being fair to other users by just 'coloring' a picture and getting favs off it from another artists hard earned work. If they didnt get the artist's permission, then it is as you said, copyright infringement.
phantom223

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Not cool! We arent DA so whoever this artist is, they better be wise and delete the pic. >3>

Strata if you can see this thread, PLEASE take this pic down! If we let one person slide, we're just going to turn out to be as lazy as DA..and that's something I wont have.

Update: I got ahold of the artist and told them firmly to take the pic down. If they were warned once and ignored it, then there's no room to be kind to them. I wasnt outright mean either. If you think about it, they arent being fair to other users by just 'coloring' a picture and getting favs off it from another artists hard earned work. If they didnt get the artist's permission, then it is as you said, copyright infringement.[/quote]

Thank you very much, I do hope you have more luck than I did When I told them all they did was come up with excuses to why they could not credit the orginal artist. and you are very right it is not fair to take someone else's work and get faves off it! it's just downright depressing that such thing is on this website!
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope action is taken. I contacted Strata and sent him a link to the thread and told him who the user was.

Also making up excuses is not right. You shouldnt have the picture on there to begin with if you couldnt get ahold of the artist. =/

I can understand putting it up on photobucket or fb yeah...but look up at the top, this isnt either of those places.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty clear-cut case. Open ... and shut.

Phantom, I tend to drop by the forums every day or two, so if you need to report anything you can PM me. That avoids the whole dramafest of making a public topic about it.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: