Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Official 2012 Independence Day Contest NOTICE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Official 2012 Independence Day Contest NOTICE Reply with quote

Yo guys, its 'Falcon! :3 If you don't know me already, I'm a new staff member here on FaC. My job is that of a Contest Helper, so from now on I'll be working with luckylace222 in creating, hosting, and judging contests here on fanart-central, starting with our Independence Day Contest!

Independence is something we take for granted every day. How often do we stop and say, "Man, I'm grateful for having my independence!" Now is your chance to show your appreciation!

Independence Day marks the birth of our country and represents a significant moment in history.

It's now that time again! Contest Staff will be accepting ideas for our official Independence Day Contest. You have until June 10, 2012 to submit your ideas (we will be taking 10 slots only). You don't have to be a patriot to be a participant!

Ideas:
1. It's my nation's birthday! If your country were a real person, what would you give it as a gift?
2. What do you think you would be like celebrating another nation's independence?
3. If your nation was not independent, what would it be like/how would you feel?
4. How do you like to celebrate your independence with your family and friends?
5. If you were one of our founding fathers, what type of funny (or even serious) laws would you put into our government?
6. Draw your friends (real-life or fictional) enjoying a fireworks show! Nothing like loud booms and fiery explosions!
7. I live in a fictional world. How does your fictional nation celebrate its independence?
8. Design your own Independence Day celebration poster/original nation flag!
9. How do you think other countries celebrate their independence?
10. When fighting foreign oppressors, would you gain your independence through fighting or peaceful means?

Last edited by ShadowFalcon on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 am; edited 5 times in total
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Did you think up all 10 of those ideas already? That was quick! This is a good jumping board!

Quote:
What if your nation was not independent. What would life be like in that country?

I really like the idea. We should definitively keep that. I have a feeling this contest will be much harder to draw for some people because it will take some more artistic skill to draw independence out.

Quote:
My neighbors are foreigners. How do you think they perceive our independence?

Although it is interesting, I feel it is too specific, and there might be some space for either funny submissions or mean submissions. I do not know...

Quote:
I also feel the "Independence Day is important because ________.

This one is too broad compared to all the creative ideas around it. It would have too much space to draw anything that could overlap with the other ideas.

Quote:
I live in a fictional world. How does your fictional nation celebrate its independence?

How do you think of this stuff? That is awesome! I like!

Quote:
3 reasons why your nation was able to achieve its independence.

Ehh, that gets a little historical and boring. I am not sure that would be a popular option in all.

Quote:
There are different ways of fighting foreign oppressors. Would you gain your independence through fighting or through peaceful means?

I would totally choose this for a poll. It may be a tiny bit specific, but I really like the idea. However, I am being bias because I love the idea of politic artistic power. Anyone can go against me here.

Hows about a "If you were one of our founding fathers, what type of funny (r even serious) serious laws would you put into our government?" It is a little specific, but I think it would be funny. -Maybe to a historical geek! DX AUGH!

Or hows about, "Design your own awesome Independence Day or personal nation flag."
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mk, lessee.

I made number 5 on a whim. xD I started getting into the 'I'm just gonna throw something out there' attitude. I honestly didn't like it that much either.

How about we replace 5 with your suggestion "If you were one of our founding fathers, what type of funny (or even serious) serious laws would you put into our government?" I think that one would be way better (and leaves more room for something funny).

And then 9 I made up on a whim too.

I'd prefer "Design your own awesome Independence Day or personal nation flag" over that one for sure.

SofeSmity
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: hehehe Reply with quote

Hmm I like the idea of foreigners reacting to independence day, I'm technically a foreigner since I'm British so I have no idea how you celebrate it, so I think researching it and reacting would be fun ^_^ Would of been cool if yous did a comp on the Queen 's Diamond Jubilee but its a bit late he he Wink
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: hehehe Reply with quote

SofeSmity wrote:
Hmm I like the idea of foreigners reacting to independence day, I'm technically a foreigner since I'm British so I have no idea how you celebrate it, so I think researching it and reacting would be fun ^_^ Would of been cool if yous did a comp on the Queen 's Diamond Jubilee but its a bit late he he Wink

Oh, if you like the idea, definitely pitch in! That's what this post is all about. :3 Throwing out ideas and such for the contest!

SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm this might be a tough one for me. After all when it comes to July 4th; I am amped at drawing Connor from AC3. Cause in that game, he helped George Washington and all other important historical figures acheive their goals in freeing our nation. There's a really epic front cover to the game as well, showing him standing infront of an american flag with the army behind him.

I'd love to draw something similiar to that peice but I dont know where it would fit in to this contest. xX

And as for ideas...well ol falcon beat me to the punch on most of em. xP
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could always make a "If your favorite game/manga/etc. characters could have a play in your Independence, what would it be like?" theme!

Quote:
5. If you were one of our founding fathers, what type of funny (or even serious) serious laws would you put into our government?

Sorry, it looks like I repeated serious twice.

Could we add something like "If you could, what would be the craziest thing you could do on Independence Day?"

LOL, I keep flashing back to the alien movie Independence Day with Will Smith. I like that movie. "What type of ruthless foreign nation/alien species/ etc would you fight for your Independence?" XD
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
orianajones
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically my country isn't independently. We are ruled by England technically.

We could have a "What does independence mean to you" theme. That could be fun
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orianajones wrote:
We could have a "What does independence mean to you" theme. That could be fun

We could fit that into the already-offered theme "What if your nation was not independent. What would life be like in that country?" and change it to "If your nation was not independent, what would it be like/how would you feel?" Just putting in "What does independence mean to you?" is vague.

Quote:
2. Every country is independent. What do you think you would be like celebrating another nation's independence?

Lets take out the obvious bold and just leave it to the question. We want to create the most interesting ideas with the least number of words (it could jumble up the poll).

Quote:
4. Independence Day is a day of celebration. How do you celebrate it with your friends?

Lets reword that as "How do you like to celebrate your independence with your family and friends?"

Quote:
I am a huge patriot and love my country. How would you look on a poster for your country?

Lets reword that as "How would you look on an Independence Day celebration Poster?"
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a good old fireworks pic with characters looking up at them standing or lying down holding hands if couples or just one or more viewing

LOL dancing TMNT's
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! I forgot about the fireworks theme! Razz
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh my local town does not do them anymore they don't have the funds for it each year

LOL dancing TMNT's
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconlobo wrote:
yeh my local town does not do them anymore they don't have the funds for it each year

Dang, and I thought my town sucked. Least we still have the fireworks to look forward to. oo -gives falcon a hug-
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's okay i still can go to other towns locally^^

LOL dancing TMNT's
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lovin' the input guys! We still have one more day before the poll opens on Sunday, so any last minute ideas, put them up now or forever hold your peace!

On another note, choices have been updated!

Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if some people don't have oc's i really don't have any

LOL dancing TMNT's
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... That is quite the dilemma... How about we change it to "Draw you and your friends (real-life or fictional) enjoying a fireworks show"?

Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure if i can draw myself it would end up toony looking maybe how about draw a couple or group watching fireworks maybe some zaniness can happen depending on the artists maybe rl or fictional characters allowed i dunno if i can draw myself but i could try not sure if i could make fireworks right but it could be fun

LOL dancing TMNT's
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes add the fireworks being enjoyed by your favorite fictional or real life friends!
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I think this is best. xD "Draw your friends (real-life or fictional) enjoying a fireworks show."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: