Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Official 2012 Independence Day Contest NOTICE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no fan art?

LOL dancing TMNT's
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blblghghghfffft.

I'm a foreigner. bffffft! lol not that I would have time to enter the contest anyway.

damn.
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so no fan art?

Depending on the theme, sure! This is Fanart Central- why not!

Quote:
blblghghghfffft.

I'm a foreigner. bffffft! lol not that I would have time to enter the contest anyway.

damn.

It should be emphasized that this Independence Day contest incorporates all countries's Independence, not just America's. It just so happens that we are using July 4th as the stepping stone here (since it is more popular).

Ahhh, do not say that! You will have time! Your amazing submissions have gotten higher scores among the contests! It would be such a shame!

Quote:
10. There are different ways of fighting foreign oppressors. Would you gain your independence through fighting or through peaceful means?

Lets reword that as "When fighting foreign oppressors, would you gain your independence through fighting or peaceful means?"

Quote:
8. How would you look on an Independence Day celebration Poster?
9. Design your own awesome Independence Day or personal nation flag.

I kind of want to combine these two ideas into "Design your own Independence Day celebration poster/original nation flag!" but then I do not know what to put down for the 10th idea...
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then. my country's freedon......we'll just leave it at that.

I'll try. do a submission. I will probably have more time now because i graduate in like a week. so yay.
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(It seems ShadowFalcon forgot to put the poll results up on the forums!)

"Draw your friends (real or fictional) enjoying a fireworks show!" won by a land slide with 14 votes against 7 votes from "If your country were a real person, what would you give it as a gift? There sure are a good deal of "landslide" poll endings.

Last week, I was planning to start the contest early, but 1 exam, 1 job interview, 2 HW assignments, 1 lab report, and 3 dogs got in the way. xD

Main Site Picture: http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-822756.html

Forum Post: http://forums.fanart-central.net/viewtopic.php?t=42712
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i was able to color my entry for the contest.

http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-823259.html

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." -Marianne Williamson-
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Damn that's good. Best of luck Silk! oo)

Also hate to do this, but imma have to sit this one outs. X_x
The heat hasent been kind to me and my inspiration is slowly dying due to said heat wave. I'm surprised I managed to pull off tofu's AT i'm that badly exhausted both mentally and phsically. xP

But I shall try my best come next contest! (Depending on what it is. ;3)

-proceeds to hide in turtle shell from teh lucky nowz!-

Forgive meeeeee~! x3x
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT is an good entry indeed SILK! I do wish you good luck; wait, I am the judge. ;A:

Quote:
-proceeds to hide in turtle shell from teh lucky nowz!-

Forgive meeeeee~! x3x

Awww, do not worry about it Sarah. Not everyone can have the vigor to do contest after contest after contest. Surprisingly, the pattern follows for other users as well. I think there will be much less entries on this contest than the previous ones, not because of ShadowFalcon, me, or the regular setting up, but because of the "normal/plain" theme, the weird bug on the website at first, and just lack of time? Someone tell me a good way to see this. Basically, contest-interest fluctuation.

Go get some ice-cubes (do not eat them, it is bad for your teeth...but I do it anyways) and cool off while watching Legend of Korra again or something! Razz Thanks for the interest in this contest!

Last edited by luckylace222 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-peeks out of turtle shell- woo, for a sec I thought you'd jump on the shell Mario style and send me spiraling into the blue void below, or into more mutated looking turtles. xD

But yeah those reasons are probly due to the lack of entries. That or the fact some people like watching fireworks, but are too lazy to draw em. xP

And zomg, I chew icecubes too! Nasty habit yes I know but it somehow is better than guzzeling water. And they arent solid ice cubes, more like in the state where they are still fragile with water in em, ya know?

(Legend of Korraaaaa~! <3333)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: