Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
what is your opinion on love?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantom223

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: what is your opinion on love? Reply with quote

well since My latest expirence with 'love' I came up with this saying.

"love is just a lie, just like the damned cake" but that is just me talking.

What's you opinion when it comes to the very complicated subject we like to call 'love'?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nsn0b.jpg[/img] also, I'm not forever alone It's called forever available
Raccoonlady

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 30 or older year old men with children like me :/
I'm 20. I want a guy my own age, so as a result I don't date.
I had one terrible experience when I turned 16, typical tool I had.
After that I said. I'll wait to I'm finished with high school to be in love.
So to me, love is a happy feeling. Just have to find the right one.
Raccoonlady

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 30 or older year old men with children like me :/
I'm 20. I want a guy my own age, so as a result I don't date.
I had one terrible experience when I turned 16, typical tool I had.
After that I said. I'll wait to I'm finished with high school to be in love.
So to me, love is a happy feeling. Just have to find the right one.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had a few nasty run ins with love myself growing up. One was just a control freak bi-polar disaster, another just wanted to conquer me...and yeah the second's ass was kicked straight out the door. (Can you believe he said that to my MOTHER right infront of the girl he inpregnanted?!)

But I found a true gem amongst all the junk. Loyal, dry witted, and all around adorable. xP

However my theory on love is; sorta like the lottery. Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose. But there's only one that can be worth a million bucks. So just keep trying and ya might win big. nn

(Is that Stan Smith in that second panel? xD)
Austadophilus
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, love is sorta something you dread and want at the same time, and from the beginning of time, you feel like its something you can't go through your entire life without some form of companionship.

The simple theory for me is that real love eventually fades away. Someone'll die, or it just goes away on one side, so it'll never be eternal. But we still need it. It's a nice thing, but love is all around us. It comes in different forms. Faith, family, and random acts of kindness around you.

So it's really hard to imagine the world without love, even if it is fading.
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought i was in love once.....turns out i was just horny. lol

but seriously love is one of those things that always seemed very nebulous to me. i mean if your in love you would know it right? it should be this big Disney movie like moment right? Its always been one of the hardest things for me to say because while i may have cared for someone a great deal when does that mean you love them, I mean how much should you care for someone before you can say you love them?

when i was younger i could say "i love you" much more easily to the one i was in a relationship with....but now days it seem harder for me to do that same thing cause experience has taught me that just cause you think you love someone doesn't its gonna work out.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was younger, I wore my heart on my sleeve too. But after awhile I became jaded and hated everything. Well; that was til my man came into my life in a way. (Yes we met online..got a prob with it?) and after that I got a positive outlook on life again. Sure we had a rocky start at first....but then we hooked back up even despite the chaos we had in the past. I could have easily told him to get lost for what happened, but I guess you could say I loved him too much to cast him away and forgave him for his faults.

I love him not for his appearence, but for who he is on the inside. His personality is adoring. He's a very intellectual fella. And he's very loyal. Sure we may not talk as much as I wish; but I favor every moment I have with him online or on the phone. And yes I DO know what he looks like before you say anything.

So yeah; I look at love for what's on the inside; not the outside. Cause isnt that what really matters most of all?
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been writing something on the topic. This pretty much sums up my opinion on love: "I hate the way love feels. It aches, all the time."

And here's some more brutal thinking from the same piece, for your entertainment: "I believe love is a collection of emotions. Or rather an emotion that collects ideas and attitudes. Honesty, trust, jealousy, protective, possessive, adoration, lust, and so forth. And different combinations of these ideas and attitudes are how we love someone. You can't love everyone the same, people are different, you have to love them differently. They make you love them in any possible way you can. We learn our own ways to be in love, yes. But it's a mix of our ways and the different individuals that ultimately decide how we love them. A love for a certain person may demand lust and jealousy, for example, and we may have had past experiences that now make us possessive."
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't tell ya...Still havent met the one worth going crazy over...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it exists, yes. It's awfully hard to define, though.
Even aside from the romantic kind, I know it exists... there have been many people I've friend-loved, or family-loved, defined by a mix of camaraderie, sympathy, pleasure, concern, a desire to make things better in their world and a belief that they make things better in mine... Then I expected the sting of Cupid's arrow to somehow be a totally new package. But it isn't. It's more like the old feelings I know, mixed with attraction.
Or maybe that's just me.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love. Yeah, that word that makes you think of hearts and roses, romantic evenings, and hot dates... But I honestly think that most of the world has a huge misconception when it comes to the big "L" word.

First of all, when we hear the word "Love," we immediately associate it with romance, but what about parents who love their children enough to sacrifice so much of their time and lives to caring for them? Or friends who would lay down their lives for other friends? Love is one of the most powerful forces in the world, and at the same time, one of the most obscure and misunderstood.

Love isn't about mushy-gushy feelings, sex, or feeling good. It's about trust and it's about respect. And I can't emphasize the "respect" part enough. I don't feel that love is as obscure or difficult as many people make it out to be. We love a lot of people in our lives, and we show it through care and sacrifice, and by respecting that other person. Can you really say you love someone if you don't?

Love is one of those things that can bring out the very best in people, make or break heroes, or bring torment or happiness into someone's life. I know that when I love someone, I'll go above and beyond what I thought my own capabilities were for that person. I would do things for someone I love that I wouldn't do for anyone else - even myself.

But about being in love? Once you're there, once you're REALLY there, it doesn't hurt. In fact, all of life seems to hurt a lot less.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/e7004bcfbd2429209deb7dd3f5b2ff14/tumblr_miv1lzXmVr1rvx4wpo1_500.gif[/img]
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waited and waited...BOOM luckylace with the perfect comment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: