Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Legend of Korra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Legend of Korra Reply with quote

What, no LOK section YET?! >/

Well guess it's up to me. Anyways this series is by far the best! I had my doubts at first...but it actually was pulled off quite nicely and they packed into one neat lil season of hardly many episodes to begin with.

Korra is amazing. She's a tough as nails dont mess with me chick that's my hero. Mako is well..hehe I'll keep my thoughts to myself on him. xP

Bolien...I think he pwned Sokka as the jester of the bunch. And Pabu..SQUEEE! Soooo cute! >3<

And the sage of the bunch Tensen, yeah he was just epic.
Gotta give the man credit though; his patience is eternal. Having to deal with three rambunctious toddlers along with the fiery tempered Korra and being a council member of republic city to boot!

Amon...well he pwned Ozai in the badass villian department. Sorry Ozai but you were just full of 'hot air' IMO. xP
[size=7]I do find it ironic how they flipped the elements from the first villian being a fire bender to the next being a water bender hehe.[/size]

There were a few things though that bothered me by the ending. (IF that's the ending.)

WARNING, IF YOU DIDNT SEE THE ENDING THAN DONT READ THIS PART KTHNX!

They never really explained HOW Amon used his blood bending to steal other's elements.

There wasent enough character depth to Asami (Sp?) when she battled her father this showed greatly. She just felt like a dressed up doll to me. But hey, least she showed alot more emotion than Zuko's gal Maye. xP
They should have had her interact more with Bolin after it was obvious Mako dumped her. I mean the guy DOES go charging in to save her on Naga at the last minute. But before that they had plenty of time to interact!

Iroh and Boomie didnt have enough airtime! Boomie (Aang's other son) only got a glimpse of an intro and Iroh...well they dont exactly say who he's related to. Though it IS hinted he could be the grandson of Zuko.

The ending..although epic; was kinda alil last minute. I mean Aang pops up and gives Korra her bending back? Now c'mon, that could have led to another possible chapter to the show...Korra finding out how to re-obtain her bending! I mean hell, in God of war 2 they do this, along with Assassin's creed brotherhood! You start out maxed out and unstoppable. Then you get everything ripped away from you and thus your journey to build your way back up to the top.

Few things I am greatly happy with despite the peeves:

Mako and Korra finally get together..bout time! >3

Amon shows his face...rather bit of a cutie if I do say so myself. He needs to grow his hair out again though. xP

Blood bending rearing it's head as the main threat. I had a feeling it would be mentioned again, and I'm glad they had it as the center threat in this season. Hama you rule. xD

Aang meeting Korra spiritually. YES! I've been dying all season to see this and it finally happened...although brief but still! <333
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I just finished watching the finale. Freaking awesome work! However, I am worried on how they can make another season off of this.

[quote]Bolien...I think he pwned Sokka as the jester of the bunch. [/quote]
Ehh, I think Sokka had more funny and hilariousness in his jokes. Many of his jokes were also a little more plot-driven.

[quote]They never really explained HOW Amon used his blood bending to steal other's elements. [/quote]
I believe it has something to do with blocking the special blood flow to certain nerves or parts in the brain, fooling your body into not being able to bend. However, there is a chance the second season will reveal how it was specifically done because even Tarlock said he did not know how his brother did it (BTW, the way he blew them both up was quite anti-Nicklelodian and somewhat epic).

[quote] Iroh...well they dont exactly say who he's related to. Though it IS hinted he could be the grandson of Zuko. [/quote]
Actually, it is officially determined he is the grandson of Zuko. I cannot remember who his mother and father are, but I know one of them are related to Aang? I think?

[quote]Mako and Korra finally get together..bout time! >3 [/quote]
I think that was undeniably rushed as well. I never felt that built up spark between them like I did with any romances in Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was incredibly rushed, and I felt sorry for only Asami at the end, like she was the temporary scapegoat for their existing love triangle.

Also, Bolin needs to get more attention. I want them to give him more screen time so he can show some of his plot contribution. So far, he still looks like the forced clown. I know he is more than that.

-But I am impressed by the entire series, nevertheless!
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
AzureMikari
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying the series so far. Didn't like the ending of season 2, but I did like the season overall, especially Bolin's scenes, he's hilarious.
FC: AzureMikari | [url=http://azurelight.net][b][u]AzureLight.net[/u][/b][/url] | [url=http://mikari.flavors.me][b][u]Mikari.Flavors.me[/u][/b][/url] | [url=http://mikaristar.deviantart.com][b][u]MikariStar.Deviantart.com[/u][/b][/url]
matthespeedstar
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AzureMikari"]I'm enjoying the series so far. Didn't like the ending of season 2, but I did like the season overall, especially Bolin's scenes, he's hilarious.[/quote]

[color=blue]Well they've started on a season 3 now. I've yet to watch it cause I'm waiting to see if YTV puts it back on but I know the first 3 episodes are posted somewhere online.[/color]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: