Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
LOL: Adult content!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow-Lugia-XD001
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: LOL: Adult content! Reply with quote

What is the point in having a sexual content adult tag if it is not even allowed? Very Happy
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historical reasons, mostly.

It also gives a moment of pause for people who inevitably DO try to submit adult content. Now obviously it can't stop them from downgrading the label to Moderate and submitting it anyway (though we can certainly build a trap for that), but it does at least give them a hint that maybe they should take their submission elsewhere instead of trying to upload it here.

And yes, we really can remove it from the system with virtually no effect.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wondering about that myself. Although it felt like a trap, I can see how it can teach people ahead of time about the sexuality rule. However, is there not a better way to teach them that rule (emphasize the rule) instead of hypothetically pressing on a useless button?

Did we ever figure out what the \"Skill Level\" bar when you submit pictures was for?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skill level was also historical, not used anymore. I think I've removed it from the submission form in the next version.
Shadow-Lugia-XD001
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]I have been wondering about that myself. Although it felt like a trap, I can see how it can teach people ahead of time about the sexuality rule. However, is there not a better way to teach them that rule (emphasize the rule) instead of hypothetically pressing on a useless button?

Did we ever figure out what the \"Skill Level\" bar when you submit pictures was for?[/quote]

Another good question. This place could got for a update on this (and not end up like sheezy art) to get rid of the useless crap and replace them with some new and interesting features.

This place does feel like a hybrid of deviantart and sheezyart. How it's got the scoring system of sheezyart and the select category of daviantart.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Another good question. This place could got for a update on this (and not end up like sheezy art) to get rid of the [b]useless crap[/b] and replace them with some [b]new and interesting features[/b]. [/quote]
Please emphasize/clarity.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: