Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Inspirational Quotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Inspirational Quotes Reply with quote

I am sure we have all had our ups and downs, and a simple, wise, or funny quote was all we needed to feel a little less alone.

Share some inspirational quotes you really liked!

[size=13][b]"Whether we are happy or sad, whether we are healthy or sick, whether we are rich or poor depends on whether we use or misuse our mind" - Dr. Pon Elango, Founder, Inner Universe.[/size][/b]
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I do loves me some good quotes. x3

"I'm not insane, my reality is just different from your's."
Cheshire from Amercian Mcgee's Alice.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]"I'm not insane, my reality is just different from your's."
Cheshire from Amercian Mcgee's Alice.[/quote]
I think he is actually ironically just giving the definition of insanity. I believe it was a "distorted viewpoint of reality" or something like that. {;
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I adore the quote soo much. Insane quote are always a fond thing for me. x3

"Try ESP next time; im psychotic!" Izzy from TDI

"You know, the thing about life and love is that they are both ever changing while people seldom are." Ancheron from Dark hunter manga series.
phantom223

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's one I got from a Friend of mine who found this on tumblr:

[i]"make sure you are yourself,because everyone else is taken" [/i]
and for the lulz:

[i]"will you marry me?"

"...manha manha" [/i]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my fav witty remarks:

"We all have photographic memories, some just dont have film."
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]"make sure you are yourself,because everyone else is taken" [/quote]
OH LOL, I like that quote A LOT. I have also heard a quote like "You are unique. Just like everyone else." It is basically a parody statement on the fact that parents and kids shows always tell you you are special and different while telling everyone else the same thing. A smart kid would say "If I am unique, and so is everyone else, than we are basically the same!"

[quote]"will you marry me?"

"...manha manha" [/quote]
Tell me, is there is an inside joke here? Tell me the joke; I do not get it!

[quote]"We all have photographic memories, some just dont have film."[/quote]
I did a sort of research project on photographic memory. Have you guys noticed that as artists, our brains have rewired a little to accomadate our constant interaction with art? Have you noticed that you can remember pictures and images in the real world better than before? It is not necessarily photographic memory, but we have basically developed a better visual memory(maybe it is an artistic confidence thing)! After seeing a beautiful scenery or interesting posing for a moment, we can go home and draw a similar thing on paper while remembering the important key concepts! Yes, yes nerdy, ahh.

Now, I have a quote for you guys to intepret on your own. I SWEAR someone is going to have a different interpretation of this:

[b]“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
-Martin Luther King Jr. [/b]
phantom223

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]"will you marry me?"

"...manha manha"
Tell me, is there is an inside joke here? Tell me the joke; I do not get it! [/quote]

pffffft- It came from the muppets movie, at the end of the movie the guy gets on one knee and asks "will you marry me?"
the girl says "manha manha"

which is one of the most famous muppet songs ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=8N_tupPBtWQ&feature=endscreen XD
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]
I did a sort of research project on photographic memory. Have you guys noticed that as artists, our brains have rewired a little to accomadate our constant interaction with art? Have you noticed that you can remember pictures and images in the real world better than before? It is not necessarily photographic memory, but we have basically developed a better visual memory(maybe it is an artistic confidence thing)! After seeing a beautiful scenery or interesting posing for a moment, we can go home and draw a similar thing on paper while remembering the important key concepts! Yes, yes nerdy, ahh. [/quote]

"And now you know, cause knowing is half the battle!"
~G.I Joe series.

Couldnt resist hehe. x3
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"][quote="luckylace222"]
I did a sort of research project on photographic memory. Have you guys noticed that as artists, our brains have rewired a little to accomadate our constant interaction with art? Have you noticed that you can remember pictures and images in the real world better than before? It is not necessarily photographic memory, but we have basically developed a better visual memory(maybe it is an artistic confidence thing)! After seeing a beautiful scenery or interesting posing for a moment, we can go home and draw a similar thing on paper while remembering the important key concepts! Yes, yes nerdy, ahh. [/quote]

"And now you know, cause knowing is half the battle!"
~G.I Joe series.

Couldnt resist hehe. x3[/quote]

Ah the good ol days when cartoons taught you something. lol
Raccoonlady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth"
JFK

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"YOLO"
-Every seventeen year old girl

...i love this saying, it makes it so much easier to find out who not to hang out with...which is anyone who says yolo.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOLO Laughing

SILK, forget about me.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I became insane with horrible intervals of sanity."
Edgar Allen Poe

x3 aint it the truth!
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]YOLO Laughing

SILK, forget about me.[/quote]

Lucky I'm leaving...and I'm taking the kids
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids: We're staying with momma because she has a rainbow unicorn tattoo on her back!
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine.

"You can take the children...but you leave me my monkey"
-Dewey Cox
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town."
George Carlin
MedalMask
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"All I know is that I know nothing."
- Socrates
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]I did a sort of research project on photographic memory. Have you guys noticed that as artists, our brains have rewired a little to accomadate our constant interaction with art? Have you noticed that you can remember pictures and images in the real world better than before? It is not necessarily photographic memory, but we have basically developed a better visual memory(maybe it is an artistic confidence thing)! After seeing a beautiful scenery or interesting posing for a moment, we can go home and draw a similar thing on paper while remembering the important key concepts! Yes, yes nerdy, ahh. [/quote]

Oh, gosh. 0.0 I knew my imagination was extremely visual, and I do art, but I honestly hadn't made the connection before. Even though there was this one kid I met at school who also tended to get all his creative ideas in image-form, and who also does art. I was just like, "oh look, his muse and mine are cousins!" *facepalm* Now I feel all kinds of unobservant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: