Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Walking Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SILK
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: The Walking Dead Reply with quote

just wondering if anyone here has played it?

I gotta say this has been one of the best things i have played all year.
The atmosphere in this game is awesome and its very tense always keeping you on the edge of your seat. the characters are extremely well written and they are very believable. The little girl in the game Clementine is probably the best realized kid i have seen in any game ever. When im playing this game i really do care for this little girl and want to protect her from any harm. The other thing i like is that much like the comic, characters die(well except for your character cause if he dies then you would have no game) they might be one of your favorite characters yet they can still die just the same which is what happened to one of my favorite characters in episode three...

episode 1 trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhL776xz9YU&feature=plcp

episode 2 trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIG2aQcnVmM&feature=plcp

episode 3 trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P68WQbrFgM&feature=plcp
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That...was actually pretty good.

EDIT: -And now I am seeing a whole bunch of Walking Dead walk-throughs. Thank you for the lack of life.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly hated it. It's based off the comics, not the show. I am a bigger fan of the show.

My reasons: They made sure to keep you surrounded by characters that are hard to like. Your closest comrade in the game is very unlikable except when he is taking your side. He is also a hot head and you spend a lot of time at odds with him. All the characters that are written to be likable are killed off no matter what choices you make. Speaking of "choices..."

The game's selling point is that it supposedly adapts to the choices you make, which is bull. It's going to end the same way every time. The same people will either die or leave, no matter what choices you make. You will go to the same places throughout the game, no matter the choices you make. The only thing that your choices affect are the dialogue and maybe a few characters stick around longer, or shorter, depending on the way you choose to approach them.

The artwork is ok, but they should have made it more like the show. It's a lot like a comicbook, which is good tbh, but it would have added so much more to the atmosphere if they made it more dark and gritty. I wasn't scared at all of the setting and would have loved to be afraid to have to go into a dark room.

The worst part about it being based off the comic, instead of the show, is that it's not as hard hitting as the comic. Probably because there is no character development, since all the characters seem to get killed so fast. Also, I got really tired of hearing "are you sure you can take care of this little girl?"

I played the game twice, the first time making the most sensible choices, the second time making the more difficult choices. The only differences I saw were that one side of the group hated you, while the other liked you, depending on the choices. But that didn't even matter in the end. No choices you make will ever change the outcome of the game.

I've played episode 1 of season 2, and I like it so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: