Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The description box pops up for me. You are using a computer, right?

I noticed that even if you already faved a user, the Fav Artist box that pops up where you check "What would you like to watch?" and "Other Actions" looks unchecked, which is misleading. I thought I did not fav a certain user, and after checking everything and pressing "Add to Watchlist," it says I already have the user under my Fav Artist list.

Also, one can still not preview one's own comment on one's profile.

I am not sure if this matters too much, but when you browse around FAC, and then you LOG IN, the website refreshes you to the mainpage instead of the page you logged on.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]The description box pops up for me. You are using a computer, right?

I noticed that even if you already faved a user, the Fav Artist box that pops up where you check "What would you like to watch?" and "Other Actions" looks unchecked, which is misleading. I thought I did not fav a certain user, and after checking everything and pressing "Add to Watchlist," it says I already have the user under my Fav Artist list.

Also, one can still not preview one's own comment on one's profile.

I am not sure if this matters too much, but when you browse around FAC, and then you LOG IN, the website refreshes you to the mainpage instead of the page you logged on.[/quote]
Yes I am using a computer.
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: I just realized.... XD Reply with quote

I think I know why I can't comment.

My iOS is lower than five.... WHY did I not NOTICE THAT?!! I wish it'd work for iOS 4... Shocked

Oh well. MORE WAITING IS WORTH IT Very Happy
...and stuff.
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok mousestar99 said she sees nothing in pending. they wont register her pictures at all. when she submits them nothing happens, they dont even show up in pending. any suggestions to give her would be appreciated

[End Message]
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a bug or new feature where we can not copy and paste text or links on pics pros stories or descriptions

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally have to use things like [b]CTRL+X[/b] for cut [b]CTRL+C[/b] for copy and [b]CTRL+V[/b] for paste. hope that helps

[End Message]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dream_Fire"]ok mousestar99 said she sees nothing in pending. they wont register her pictures at all. when she submits them nothing happens, they dont even show up in pending. any suggestions to give her would be appreciated[/quote]
When you submit a piece you should be taken to the piece's page (pending or otherwise). If that does not happen then it has not actually been submitted at all.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papiocutie, screenshot the description box that "does not show up." I want to see if there is just some giant blank space, or it keeps loading forever, or what?

[quote]I think I know why I can't comment.

My iOS is lower than five.... WHY did I not NOTICE THAT?!! I wish it'd work for iOS 4...

Oh well. MORE WAITING IS WORTH IT
...and stuff.[/quote]
Cream, you do not have a personal computer to access FAC? Portable Internet devices are convenient, but browsing websites on the medium they were originally meant to be browsed on really dodges the outside problems.

[quote]is this a bug or new feature where we can not copy and paste text or links on pics pros stories or descriptions[/quote]
[quote]nally have to use things like CTRL+X for cut CTRL+C for copy and CTRL+V for paste. hope that helps[/quote]
I attempted copy and pasting a description from another user's artwork onto my text box on my profile, and it worked. Are you sure you copy and pasted correctly? Try copying the text onto a word document, and then transfer that copied text into FAC's text box, and see if it copied completely.

[quote]ok mousestar99 said she sees nothing in pending. they wont register her pictures at all. when she submits them nothing happens, they dont even show up in pending. any suggestions to give her would be appreciated[/quote]
Hey, can mousestar99 come onto the forums to post a descriptive screenshot/post about her problem? Her take on the situation will be not as indirect. If it is possibly a simple "I forgot to click some important buttons," then we can diagnose it better through her experience.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do ^.^

[End Message]
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy paste won't show up on this site for me anymore on the main site i right click and nothing shows up even if i copied something to paste in i have Firefox the newest update

LOL dancing TMNT's
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Falconlobo"]copy paste won't show up on this site for me anymore on the main site i right click and nothing shows up even if i copied something to paste in i have Firefox the newest update[/quote]
The text editor seems to have its own popup menu; it could be interfering. Denis do you thnk you can take that out? Pretty much every Web browser has a copy/paste popup menu built right in for text areas already.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Mousestar99
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! So, about my submitting problem, I go to Submit picture and fill out all the information, including choosing the drawing from my computer. I agree to the terms and then click create. Then the page reloads, but everything is still filled in, except for the chosen drawing. I have been trying with several pictures throughout the weeks, but none have shown up. I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, so I'm sorry if i'm just missing something, because i'm new here. Thank you so much for your time! Smile
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a few probs too, I can't post comments, Or fill out the picture description!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mousestar99"]Hi! So, about my submitting problem, I go to Submit picture and fill out all the information, including choosing the drawing from my computer. I agree to the terms and then click create. Then the page reloads, but everything is still filled in, except for the chosen drawing. I have been trying with several pictures throughout the weeks, but none have shown up. I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, so I'm sorry if i'm just missing something, because i'm new here. Thank you so much for your time! Smile[/quote]
Sounds like you've been bounced back to the submissions form instead of it actually processing like it's supposed to (when it's actually processed you will be taken to the submission's view page, not back to the submitting form). No error messages or such?

BTW, denis, I am seeing Javascript errors like this pop up on Firefox's debug console:
[code:1]Error: Plugin "button" cannot be removed from the plugins list, because it's required by "panelbutton" plugin.
@ http://www.fanart-central.net/themes/default/js/CKEditor/ckeditor.js:191
[similar messages with different plugins][/code:1]
Mousestar99
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No error messages. Just going back to the submitting form without changing anything except for the selected file.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouse, I am curious. What type old device/computer are you using to access this website?

angel88 says she cannot comment, and there is some trouble with validating her email, which keeps her from commenting. She expressed the issue in the form of a picture, lol.

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures/user/angel88/828212/help-me

[quote]I am having a few probs too, I can't post comments, Or fill out the picture description![/quote]
Say, did this happen immediately after the new site version launched, or were you not able to comment recently?

[quote]copy paste won't show up on this site for me anymore on the main site i right click and nothing shows up even if i copied something to paste in i have Firefox the newest update[/quote]
This is a weird solution, but highlight whatever you want to copy/paste from FAC (using Ctrl C and Ctrl V) , then copy it into a google search bar, and if the google search bar pops up with something, copy the text in the google search bar and paste it back into your text box in FAC to see if you completely copy and paste it.
Mousestar99
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a desktop. It works on all other sites. And I can still comment and do every thing else on here, just not submit drawings.
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the text box on fac does not pop up at all for me when i right click the mouse

LOL dancing TMNT's
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]the text box on fac does not pop up at all for me when i right click the mouse[/quote]
Wait, you get NO textbox? As in, when you press "Add Comment," nothing pops up? No error message?
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"][quote]the text box on fac does not pop up at all for me when i right click the mouse[/quote]
Wait, you get NO textbox? As in, when you press "Add Comment," nothing pops up? No error message?[/quote]
Well kinda, A small box show's up, But then disappears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: