Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, now I have a new problem! I can't edit my profile all of the sudden. :x I've been doing so daily, and this morning, after my editing, I noticed I'd goofed up one of my links. When I went back to change it, all of the text in my "edit profile text" box was gone, and I couldn't type in it. I hope this doesn't last long! I want to continue with my daily art features!
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know if anybody was working on it but Mousestar99's problem of not being able to post pictures still is plaguing her. well she has sadly moved on to Devion-Art instead. i still found it odd though that noone else seemed to have the same problem, ether that or noone knows how to use the forums.

[End Message]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Ack, now I have a new problem! I can't edit my profile all of the sudden. :x I've been doing so daily, and this morning, after my editing, I noticed I'd goofed up one of my links. When I went back to change it, all of the text in my "edit profile text" box was gone, and I couldn't type in it. I hope this doesn't last long! I want to continue with my daily art features![/quote]
just test-edited my profile, and it worked for me. Perhaps you added some extra picture codes in there to mess with the box. Try copy and pasting/saving what you have in your whole profile for now, and start over a new profile with ordinary mini "artist features." If that works, maybe there was some messed up code in your old profile. That happens to me often.

[quote]dont know if anybody was working on it but Mousestar99's problem of not being able to post pictures still is plaguing her. well she has sadly moved on to Devion-Art instead. i still found it odd though that noone else seemed to have the same problem, ether that or noone knows how to use the forums.[/quote]
I am not sure if Stratadrake/Denis looked into and could find out a solution or they could not get to it. ;I That is okay. At least on DA, she can submit pictures!

Anyone else have any other extraneous glitches so I can tell you I can hardly do anything to help you? *cries*
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that awhile ago, Lucky, and I don't seem to be having any trouble since. I think you're right; I somehow messed up a bit of coding and it shot the whole thing in the foot! Hehe. Thanks for getting back to me on it. <3
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="K_Pepper"]I did that awhile ago, Lucky, and I don't seem to be having any trouble since. I think you're right; I somehow messed up a bit of coding and it shot the whole thing in the foot! Hehe. Thanks for getting back to me on it. <3[/quote]

Maybe you should've given us a copy so we could experiment with it and figure out exactly where it went wrong....
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't hear back for awhile and proceeded to muss with it until I'd fixed it myself. Next time I have trouble, I'll save it so you can see exactly what I managed to screw up. Then you can laugh at me! Haha.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I think another reason I would want that "mussed up code" is that I and many artists are having trouble with the coding of the text box. With the new HTML-less text box, I still get many formatting glitches, so I go back to the HTML textbox. I do not know why, but I had to redo some coding just to get my previous old FAC version profile to look right. Looking at "failed/messed up" code can help us troubleshoot specific problems in the future.

Just in case it ever happens to you again, just send us the code just for reference.

Sorry for getting back to you late; I thought I got back to you just in time....I am so LATE. AUGHHHHHH
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's fine. I understand it can be hard for you to get back to the forums sometimes. The code that messed up was a miss-pasted url which was supposed to link a set of words to a user's page, but I'd somehow managed just pasted the url and html code with it into the middle of the name. I have no idea how, or why it would mess up my whole profile. But it's fixed now and hasn't happened since! The other problem has continued to happen though, the one where I occasionally can't comment or vote on pictures.
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: very 'wide' profile Reply with quote

I have no idea why, but almost every profile I open looks like it's 3 times as wide as it's supposed to be. Maybe I did something stupid, but as far as I remember I didn't touch anything.
It's bugs me a lot as I can't really look at everything on my/ someone else's profile without zooming out or scrolling A LOT(!!) xD

Everything else seems to work fine, no bugs etc etc

[img]http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c227.0.403.403/p403x403/421446_482828278444480_20266428_n.jpg[/img]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser are you using?

Screenshot what my profile looks like.
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Chrome.
Your Profile looks alright:
[img]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/734022_483099048417403_1100814364_n.jpg[/img]

(If ur not looking at the fact that you are a pedophile... ♥)
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having trouble unblocking a user it says user is unblocked and about the additional dialog press okay but then it still says to unblock over and over again

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. Ok it's fixed?
Thanks if you did something.. and otherwise I will thank the FORCE*

It fixed itself after I posted a picture of Batman.. * l_l'
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Falconlobo"]i'm having trouble unblocking a user it says user is unblocked and about the additional dialog press okay but then it still says to unblock over and over again[/quote]

Did you try to reload the page or wait for a while? I had the same problem a while ago when I blocked someone on accident and I had to wait for a little while.
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh it did not do it with reloading only when posting a comment

LOL dancing TMNT's
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Falconlobo"]yeh it did not do it with reloading only when posting a comment[/quote]

You mean when it says that the user is blocked?
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it kept saying user is unblocked press okay then the thing pops up saying about not creating additional dialogs press okay then it kept saying user is still blocked until i made a comment on a pic of theirs or they made a comment

LOL dancing TMNT's
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Falconlobo"]it kept saying user is unblocked press okay then the thing pops up saying about not creating additional dialogs press okay then it kept saying user is still blocked until i made a comment on a pic of theirs or they made a comment[/quote]

So you're saying that it's fixed now, right?
Otherwise I really don't know and you'll just have to wait for a mod to help you, haha
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is

LOL dancing TMNT's
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote](If ur not looking at the fact that you are a pedophile... ♥)[/quote]
I purposely made my profile full of pictures so in case of text bugs, everyone will still understand that I am a pedophile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: