Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Offline when Online Reply with quote

Yeah i noticed says offline when i'm on too o,o But yeah other than that still not noticed anything much
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dream_Fire"]also i noticed that when i edit my profile it automatically thinks that i want to change my password so i have to delete the character in the first box for it to allow me to save changes.[/quote]

Can you explain that one a bit more? I tried editing my profile page (no changes) and it went through successfully.

BTW, denis, I don't believe password changing is anywhere near secure enough as it looks now. I don't like seeing it on the same form as "Edit Profile" and it also [color=red]needs[/color] a textbox to verify the old one (otherwise potentially anyone can change it).

For that matter, I would rather see [i]user[/i] profile information on a separate form from their profile [i]page[/i] info.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]

Last edited by Stratadrake on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, old one is much better
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Can't comment... Please help! >_< Reply with quote

Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

*feels nervous, doesn't want to be rejected...!*
ChibiFox
My First Post!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: New layout Reply with quote

I log in and go to my profile page and it says im offline. i personally like the older version better. i mainly get on via mobile device and it wont let me get on all all that way.
waluigiguy22
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/347/faccomment.png[/img]
I'm sorry if I ranted.... this all happened my first day of the changes XD[/img]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online/offline is definitely a bug, probably server cache related. I can reload my profile page several times and while I'm obviuosly logged in, my userpage always comes up saying "offline".

* As waluigiguy noted above, we need an "edit" button shown somewhere on a blog's individual page, just like we already have with pictures/story chapters (basically, it's a common design convention). We don't have one.

* Blog pages are missing a global page title. For example, view [url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user/Stratadrake/blogs/13452/Oh-spammit.]this page[/url] and all you see in your browser title is "View Blog - Fanart Central" when it [i]should[/i] be "[blog title] - Blog by [user] - Fanart Central" instead.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Can't comment... Please help! >_< Reply with quote

[quote="CreamandPoppufan166"]Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

*feels nervous, doesn't want to be rejected...!*[/quote]
Same prob for me on my ipod.
velagirls10
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too,i log in and clicked my profile and says offline
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto.
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this this have the art limit?
Morpher
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that I can't delete/remove anyone I fav'd or any pics I fav'd. Not sure if it wasn't added in/or has yet to be, or there's some bug/glitch, which is causing me not to be able to do so.

Edit: Nvm, I finally found it. Its been quite a while and it'll take time to get use to this format.

Last edited by Morpher on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't comment... Please help! >_< Reply with quote

[quote="papiocutie"][quote="CreamandPoppufan166"]Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

Same prob for me on my ipod.[/quote]

Well, let's just hope we can comment on mobile devices soon -A-
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote="Dream_Fire"]also i noticed that when i edit my profile it automatically thinks that i want to change my password so i have to delete the character in the first box for it to allow me to save changes.[/quote]

Can you explain that one a bit more? I tried editing my profile page (no changes) and it went through successfully.
.[/quote]

when i edit my profile, the top boxes where it says [i]"new password"[/i] and " [i]repeat new password[/i]" the "[i]New Password[/i]" box is automatically filled in with a new password and it wants me to retype it before i click save. and i get this error message if i dont delete the characters in the "[i]new Password[/i]" box

[b]Please fix the following input errors:[/b]

[i] New Password must be repeated exactly.
[/i]

in other words, when i edit my profile it somehow has a new password already typed in the "[i]new password[/i]" box and want me to retype to confirm it.

[End Message]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dream_Fire"]when i edit my profile, the top boxes where it says [i]"new password"[/i] and " [i]repeat new password[/i]" the "[i]New Password[/i]" box is automatically filled in with a new password and it wants me to retype it before i click save.[/quote]

Now that really is odd. But are you sure it's FAC and not, say, your Web browser doing the pre-fill for you? (If you're using current Firefox, go to your Tools > Options > Security page and turn off "Remember passwords for sites". Then try again.)

(And, IMHO this reinforces the reason why changing passwords needs to verify not just the new one but the old one too.)
VictorAndLizzy
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=darkblue]Well, I casted my vote in as "mixed feelings" because I wasen't too big a fan for the way we submit a comment. I reslly like the comment box at the bottom. I suppose maybe an easy fix would be making it optional? Other than that, there really isn't much that I don't like. I've always loved the oldschool style lookin' FAC along with its old cat logo.

as far as "bugs" go, all I've seen on my end is the changing of font colors doesn't work, but I might try the old html coding in a sec. I'm also having trouble seeing some avatars for certain artists? I'm not sure if that's because their avatar just isn't a very good one, or the site change messed with it? And another "problem" would be that FAC wont say we're online when we obviously are.

Other than this, there rly bothers me about it. I'm sure you guys are already hard at work to fix these bugs I just mentioned, but I just wanted to say it, in case it was overlooked or w/e.

Thanks again for puttin' your attention on us~![/color]
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realize that I had posted this twice. the forums crashed in the middle of posting it, and then the post didn't show up.

[quote="cstdenis"][quote="Firiel"][color=red]On the art submission form, the blank for reference reads "Refrence"... missing an E. <.<[/color][/quote]
Fixed

[quote="Tinkster"]when I am logged in, I cannot comment or edit my own pictures because I get logged out. If i go to another page or someone elses picture, I get logged back in again.... weird. I can go any where on the site and make comments or whatever, but I cannot do the same on my own picture pages.

A while back, the same thign happened but only when I went into my profile.

I dont' know if this has anything to do with the layout, or if it is some sort of bug, but it is extremely annoying.[/quote]
This sounds like a caching issue. I suspect you visited the page while you were logged out, so when you go back to it again the one you see is the logged out one. You will need to do a forced refresh to get the new version.[/quote]
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote="Dream_Fire"]when i edit my profile, the top boxes where it says [i]"new password"[/i] and " [i]repeat new password[/i]" the "[i]New Password[/i]" box is automatically filled in with a new password and it wants me to retype it before i click save.[/quote]

Now that really is odd. But are you sure it's FAC and not, say, your Web browser doing the pre-fill for you? (If you're using current Firefox, go to your Tools > Options > Security page and turn off "Remember passwords for sites". Then try again.)
[/quote]

ahh thank you that was it ^.^ was wondering why it dident happen with you.

[End Message]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dream_Fire"]ahh thank you that was it ^.^ was wondering why it dident happen with you.[/quote]
I'm wondering too because I don't have that option disabled - but on the other hand, I never use it either. Every time Firefox asks to save a username/password for a site I simply ignore it.
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't comment... Please help! >_< Reply with quote

[quote="CreamandPoppufan166"][quote="papiocutie"][quote="CreamandPoppufan166"]Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

Same prob for me on my ipod.[/quote]

Well, let's just hope we can comment on mobile devices soon -A-[/quote]

I meant to say "comment via mobile devices". JEEPERS! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: